Re: Release the Kraken! nerf

Will I just killed him with 4 players 3 monkes 2 with monkeys one with a seahourse and a barb with a genie

And it was easy

One player devoted solely to running around repairing/defending, one player attacking the Kraken, don't set it to Hardcore. It may take quite some time, but with a proper setup, you can do it. Just make sure your repair/defend avatar knows to run like mad when the attacking player drops, and to use portals to keep distance on the Kraken.

Make sure your attacking player knows to get above the waterline and keep the Kraken facing away from the defenses.

It will take awhile. It can be done.

Will I just killed him with 4 players 3 monkes 2 with monkeys one with a seahourse and a barb with a genie

And it was easy

then give us a pic of all your stats and the guys that helped you :)

btw I want this to be more soloable frendly :) thats all

ur saying your pets killed him not you and with 1mil dps pets its not that hard ofcourse

but for people without decent dps pets its impossible

not sure what happened, on my second try with my barb i got one shooted by it Oo i have 307k hp and 70% resist on everything(on nm) and had just ran out of mana for turtle stance, then i got knocked back, got a ball of something that he threw at me, and BAM down

then give us a pic of all your stats and the guys that helped you :)

btw I want this to be more soloable frendly :) thats all

Can you beat him on Insane?

I presume you're all talking about Nightmare, but if I remember correctly, Nightmare was never meant to be a simple, la-dee-dah progression from Insane.

Instead people complain and complain so "Nightmare" turned into "Insane Level 2" instead of the difficulty it should've been.

I do think it should be noted that it should be possible, though very difficult, to beat the Kraken with Hardcore on. That being said, if the only suggestion regarding beating the Kraken is to play without Hardcore, then by definition that means it probably needs a nerf of some kind. >.>

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?58141-GUIDE-How-to-kill-the-big-fish

people have been successful as of late. If you have enough HP to survive 1 hit and have a DPS pet you can solo it. drain + healing aura make it rather simple.

says the guy with over 3000 stats.. this game should not be focused around 3000+ geared players.. no offence
but rather the mid casual players as its the biggest part of the comunaty ( around 1000-2000 stats )

i don't have a single stat over 3k or even close and if you read the thread, you'll find people doing it with mid range stats without death.

If you can survive 1 single hit while in a drain aura, you can kill the boss. thats just how it is.

says the guy with over 3000 stats.. this game should not be focused around 3000+ geared players.. no offence
but rather the mid casual players as its the biggest part of the comunaty ( around 1000-2000 stats )

-I- have around 3000 stats and still can't solo him. I can duo, trio or quatro him easy enough. Solo is just a bit on the retarded difficult side.

[quote]i don't have a single stat over 3k or even close and if you read the thread, you'll find people doing it with mid range stats without death.

If you can survive 1 single hit while in a drain aura, you can kill the boss. thats just how it is.[/quote]

Most posts I saw in the thread were more like "I died 10 times but finally did it" or "I spent 50 minutes on it but I finally did it" or "I used some unbelievably cheap tactic but I finally did it."

Surviving a single hit doesnt mean anything. Even in a strength drain aura. I can survive 5-6 hits. It doesn't make him soloable. In the time it takes to get away from interrupts and heal, his tentacles are back before you even finished breaking them off.

The boss -can- be soloed. That isn't the complaint. The real issue here is that pretty much everyone agrees that he is far too difficult to solo. Especially in comparison to how easy he is with a group. No other boss suffers from this problem. Even the spider queen is easier to solo than duo+. It's just a matter of scaling. A boss isn't balanced if you have to resort to cheap tactics that STILL often take half an hour to an hour to kill him with with end-game gear.

I have yet to agree with a 'make it easier' change for this game. Especially the survival changes. This is just one of those rare cases where 'make it easier' coincides with 'make it reasonable'. Something is seriously wrong when a player can solo NM MM on a map to 25+ but can't solo the 12th wave boss with a near-3000 geared DPS with 2700-3200 geared tower chars for all the defenses holding trash at bay.

People shouldn't run from difficulty. Difficult isn't impossible. if they want easy, they have Insane difficulty to use.

and A if you cannot roll the boss with 3k stats. I have no clue what you're doing. Strafe = 100% safty. If you get hit, jump in the portal to heal, jump back in and strafe around till your pet kills it.

to me thats as basic as it gets.

My buddy and I beat it last night on NM but not HC. My Squire has 245k Health something like 1150 hearo health and 1350 hero damage. Nothing like the 3000 you are referring too. My buddy was on his monk with 90k Health and something like 1500 hero damage. We were the non issue. I gave him a seahorse pet that was 70 / 175 (that was acquired on INSANE HARDCORE wave 20) and pretty much, it's what killed the Kraken. With his hero boost running, it was doing 179k x 6 projectiles. Blood rage on a Squire would do the same except Blood Rage burns mana faster I believe. Every time he died, he would go get more mana and repair any defenses that were low and come back to where I was tanking it. North crystal were no mobs go to using Kandar's setup with a few adjustments. We had a buff beam with healing aura there to heal me because I kept getting back in his face so my pet can hit the tentacles as well from the side. He'd take a shot at me from time to time till I set back up right under him.

Edit: The knockback was what kept me setting back up right under his chin so pet could hit the tents as well.

People shouldn't run from difficulty. Difficult isn't impossible. if they want easy, they have Insane difficulty to use.

and A if you cannot roll the boss with 3k stats. I have no clue what you're doing. Strafe = 100% safty. If you get hit, jump in the portal to heal, jump back in and strafe around till your pet kills it.

to me thats as basic as it gets.

its false Difficulty... making a boss one shot you does not give it difficulty on the other hand giving the boss new skills on NM then from insane is.. learn the diffrence like Diablo 3 is gonna do it :)

nightmare has always had a higher gear requirement then insane. and why would you attempt the highest mission on the hardest difficulty in less then nightmare gear. assuming you have 1k player health stat which is easily achieved, you can kill the boss.

People who are getting 1shot are simply not using the tools available to them.. in which case no one can help them.

its not hard to setup a buff beam, str drain and healing aura next to a portal. Strategy and tactics will always win. "I cannot run up to it and blow it the hell up" isn't going to get you far.

nightmare has always had a higher gear requirement then insane. and why would you attempt the highest mission on the hardest difficulty in less then nightmare gear. assuming you have 1k player health stat which is easily achieved, you can kill the boss.

People who are getting 1shot are simply not using the tools available to them.. in which case no one can help them.

its not hard to setup a buff beam, str drain and healing aura next to a portal. Strategy and tactics will always win. "I cannot run up to it and blow it the hell up" isn't going to get you far.

Hey kandar, do you know if str drain actually does any good? Last I checked it didn't actually affect the boss at all, but this was a few patches back and before the healing aura fix. It might affect him now, but I've been doing NM survival instead of redoing a dead boss. Also you replied to Nikodareus, but in another thread he stated he was using a laser robot. I'm pretty sure that's his main problem with his 3k stats.

Son, we don't encourage thinkin' and stater-gizin' and usin' them thar brain things 'round har.

My issues on this will continue in the other thread. No sense in having this discussion in two different threads. Simply let this one be the poll it needs to be. Not that you are going to change anyone's mind about it just because you think fake difficulty and cheap tactics to get around it are acceptable solutions. I'm all for difficulty. I want much more difficulty put back into the game that has been taken out. There is simply a difference between difficulty and shoddy coding. I've already said all this in the other thread, however, so I'll stop going back over it.

Son, we don't encourage thinkin' and stater-gizin' and usin' them thar brain things 'round har.

Yerrrp.

No real nerf necessary, only that the tentacles should be slightly easier to target and shouldn't stay up as long. It's sort of a nerf to the overall Kraken but really it's just a nerf to the tentacles. If people considered it by it's separate parts, then the suggestions could be more reasonable.