The more I hear about the summoner...

the more I want to use it. I knew it would be at least 2 weeks after Shards 3 before we gother it but the use of "this month" in the digest leads me to believe it might be the last week again which is going to be a long wait especially as I was excited way back when the summoner was still just a concept.

18 more days till the release of Max Payne 3.

May 15th refers to the release of Diablo 3...

18 more days till the release of Max Payne 3.

That wouldn't be may 15th and I don't really think professional video game sales are going to interfere with indie sales. Especially on cheap DLC. :P They are generally very seperate markets.

May 15th refers to the release of Diablo 3...

Ah. I guess I forgot to care. Haven't kept track of Diablo 3 since they announced it.

As stated above, it's still not going to interfere with Trendy sales. Heh. The people who are willing to shell out $60 for Diablo 3 probably had better options than DD to begin with.

Personally I would be willing to shell it out if I thought Diablo 3 would be at all more fun or interesting than DD. It's still not going to interfere with their $3 DLC steam sales. The people who like the game enough to keep playing it are going to pay it regardless. All the 'diablo 3 is coeming out sun!' whiners always have some excuse as to why they are going to quit the game anyways, so good riddance to them I say.

I was kinda expecting different monsters with new functionalities, or at least crystalline-like new models instead of just existing monsters with a shader applied, but eh it's not a big deal. I'm really questioning how good he may or may not be in Nightmare. Still, buff beamed ogres are going to be hilarious and that might be the key for me to break Wave 22 of deeper wells survival nm hc. If sharken can push them, being able to reposition them is going to be very useful.

people that like the game will keep buying the DLC and people can play more then one game, yes there will be a slight Drop off for a while but that to be Expected then everyone will come back slowly once the D3 release is over and done.

Only problem with the summoner is I'm more interested in dps and he doesn't seem like too much of a dps character at ALL. Definitely a great builder though.

Only problem with the summoner is I'm more interested in dps and he doesn't seem like too much of a dps character at ALL. Definitely a great builder though.

I dunno, pets get insane damage increases in NM mode. Imagine using a seahorse and a monkey with decent hero damage. We'll have to see what happens. I have decent DPS characters and my pets in NM always end up out-damaging me.

Assuming he won't have the same HP as an apprentice in NM, I think hero wise he will be viable. His "towers" effectiveness remain to be seen though. He probably will have app's HP though considering he's gonna be able to poof into birds eye commander mode out of the field.

As stated above, it's still not going to interfere with Trendy sales. Heh. The people who are willing to shell out $60 for Diablo 3 probably had better options than DD to begin with.
What?! DD is freaking awesome, nothing to do with it being cheap, lol. I know loads of people who play indies between releases of blockbuster titles.

What?! DD is freaking awesome, nothing to do with it being cheap, lol. I know loads of people who play indies between releases of blockbuster titles.

Indie games are about all I play anymore, personally. I've sort of become jaded with the "blockbusters" considering all I hear about are games like Mass Effect, CoD, and Skyrim(I honestly just dislike just about anything Bethesda throws out for some reason) and how flipping amazing they are, but the just don't strike me as that good.

I wonder if one of his powers he will get will allow him to directly control a summoned monster (possession) if so I have to say then he can become dps as an ogre :)

So it looks like they are trying to make DD a blend of every genre out there. Eventually it will be a 1st/3rd-person shooter/tower defense/RTS/RPG...so I guess we could call it a FPSTDRTSRPG????

I am skeptical about this summoner and how it will integrate into the existing game. Unless it was considered as an original mechanic of the game, it has the potential to break the game. Trendy needs to be careful how they alter the game mechanics. Too much alteration could turn currently usable mechanics into worthless junk. They messed up mechanics of the Monk, and now all you hear about is how everyone needs to have a badass Monk for Aquanos (since the monk has received buff after buff during the last few patches). It's easy to break the game, but it takes a lot of work (and time) to fix it. I just think they need to be careful, and they should probably concentrate more on refining the game instead of releasing new content.

5/15 is RIP for alot of games ppl are playing right now.

Diablo 3 Open Beta sucked. Bit disappointed in Blizzard. I won't be rushing to buy the game and wait for a price drop in 2 months.

Diablo III open beta only allowed you to get to lvl 13. The beta barely scraped the surface of what the game will be. It was mostly for stress tests and working out a few bugs. I'm sure the full game will deliver.

Tbh i'm not likeing the sound of the summoner skills.
we only just get enough du now for our builds,some maps could do with a little more imo.
Now if the summoner stealing du for his minions,then that's going to cause probs for ppl online as we all know public games are not that friendly.
your going to get ppl just spamming minions without the thought of the builder trying to get the build together.
Or will his minions be useful to take away certain towers/blockades/traps out of the builds.

Still It's early days yet.

I've been very happy with the new Heroes so far. I was really excited for EV, but unfortunately the Beams just didn't really pan out for me. Well, let me take that back, the buff beam, walls, and reflects are nice but the Proton and Shock are just silly bad. For the cost of a harpoon you can have something that covers 1/10th of the area and lets Djinn sit outside and desummon it!

Anyway, point being, the Summoner sounds like it's right up my alley. I really like the Pets in this game now that buff beams are available and I no longer feel like it's *mandatory* to take a Guardian at all times. Having 2 pets vs a weapon sounds like fun and the RTS stuff sounds interesting and different. I'm liking the idea of a mobile defense via the summoned creatures.

The Summoner definitely intrigues me even more than EV and Barbarian did. Can't wait to find out what the abilities are and when the release date is.

Oh, also, does anyone know what the Hero damage stat will do? I assume the Tower stat slots will be for the summons (?) but with no weapon, what does Hero damage do? Perhaps a higher boost to Pets than what other classes normally get?

They should tie minions to Mana instead of DU, because no one is going to be using the summoner if it costs DU to have stuff summoned, regardless how strong they are.

A quick example would be something like, you can summon a few goblins (with like 5 seconds in between every minion), and they use up 10 points per goblin, as well as reduce your overall mana cap by 10. So, let's say you have 500 mana and summon 6 goblins, you would use up 60 mana, and have a mana cap of 440 until you despawn some of them, or they die. The cost would go up as the minions do, like for example a Spider would be 150 and an Ogre could be 200 or something. This makes it so that the summoner would be a good class to have for support, as they could send minions to help out a lane that's getting overwhelmed, but everyone would still be able to have a full defense.

IMO, not having weapons isn't a wise move either, even with the ability to have 2 pets. Yeah, having 2 high ^ pets with good stats would destroy stuff in nightmare, but pets are retarded and often don't do what you want them to. I'd much rather have the ability to kill what i want then pray to the god of DD that the pets decide to kill whatever's attacking the crystal.

But with all that said, I'm really looking forward to this class, have been since it was hinted at in the wiki however long ago. I hope you guys do an amazing job with it, and make it so that it'll be a class that can hold it's own ^_^.

at least with the pets, he will have more DPS than most players alone :) I'm excited for this hero, hopefully we can reenter the map after we leave it from RTS mode.

They should tie minions to Mana instead of DU, because no one is going to be using the summoner if it costs DU to have stuff summoned, regardless how strong they are.

A quick example would be something like, you can summon a few goblins (with like 5 seconds in between every minion), and they use up 10 points per goblin, as well as reduce your overall mana cap by 10. So, let's say you have 500 mana and summon 6 goblins, you would use up 60 mana, and have a mana cap of 440 until you despawn some of them, or they die. The cost would go up as the minions do, like for example a Spider would be 150 and an Ogre could be 200 or something. This makes it so that the summoner would be a good class to have for support, as they could send minions to help out a lane that's getting overwhelmed, but everyone would still be able to have a full defense.

IMO, not having weapons isn't a wise move either, even with the ability to have 2 pets. Yeah, having 2 high ^ pets with good stats would destroy stuff in nightmare, but pets are retarded and often don't do what you want them to. I'd much rather have the ability to kill what i want then pray to the god of DD that the pets decide to kill whatever's attacking the crystal.

But with all that said, I'm really looking forward to this class, have been since it was hinted at in the wiki however long ago. I hope you guys do an amazing job with it, and make it so that it'll be a class that can hold it's own ^_^.

While that might me nice I don't really agree, How useful the summoned enemies are will come down to how what exactly they can do to justify yhteir DU cost, just the same as Apprentice and Squire Towers. What I really want to know is how the balance of power and DU will be set, will they be weaker and have low DU so you can make swarms of them or stronger with High DU so there waont be as many on the map but they cna make a big difference wherever they are set.

2 things I do like the sound of, my own 3 star DEW which I can send out to deal with Stuck enemies, and the idea of running a monster fest by gathering a force of summons around me with 2 Guardians as pets, Huntress+Apprentice for power or Huntress/Apprentice + Squire for balance and then chasing down the enemies rather than playing defensive.

As to the summoner, he will probably be a really interesting new class. Here is hoping people actually try to learn to play with him instead of buying him, power leveling him, and then sucking with him.

As for Diablo 3, there will be a lot of people hooked and held by it, but it's not going to be a special story, and the gameplay is only going to be basically a fix of issues that were present in diablo 2. It won't be good enough to really merit it's price for people that get more out of games then the title.