Hello,

Anyone could tell me where is propblem? I was clear UMF1/OMF/SRMF and Alchemical Lab about xx times but i found trans loot (mostly crappy pistols) only few times. So...why? My "lucky"? maybe beacuse i play solo? or trans loot is awesome rare? It realy disappointing when I clear high-end locations and see mostly poor items.

add more real players, your TRANS drop count will go up dramatically.
also try MIX MODE. Playing solo, Trans are very rare on those maps you have mentioned. Your best chance playing solo is to get trans from chests.

add more real players, your TRANS drop count will go up dramatically.
also try MIX MODE. Playing solo, Trans are very rare on those maps you have mentioned. Your best chance playing solo is to get trans from chests.

AFAIK, this is semi-correct. The maps being played only barely scrape into the trans range (Final waves of the UMF's have a minute chance to drop them. Alch labs is also not going to drop anything until atleast 20+, and it will be rare if it does)

For a decent chance at seeing trans, you need to be playing W20+ in tier 3 campaign maps, or W15+ in QFTLES maps.

Possibly not true->
As far as multiple players increasing trans drop rate, the only reason this is true is b/c you spend longer on each wave (ie. kill more, have more loot, same percentage will be trans). The actual loot quality remains the same

Actually having more players very much ramps up loot quality since loot quality is tied to current difficulty. Which increases with # of players. It's not just a blanket effect from 'more enemies' as you put it. It's a very real, intended component of the game.

Actually having more players very much ramps up loot quality since loot quality is tied to current difficulty. Which increases with # of players. It's not just a blanket effect from 'more enemies' as you put it. It's a very real, intended component of the game.

*citation needed

Even if the loot did increase with player count, chances are that at that high level u will be using an active builder, whilst they use dps, meaning that if a trans did drop, chances are u would be unable to grab it due to your survivability. Try misty hc nm, i did and i got lots of nice loot from a relatively early wave

Most people swap to DPS when they are done building anyways. But the concept is very true. You have a better chance of grabbing gear as a dps than while you are still building.

And the 'even if' comments are unnecessary. Player count increases difficulty increases loot quality. It's been known since before the DDDK came out. DDDK merely made it obvious.

And the 'even if' comments are unnecessary. Player count increases difficulty increases loot quality. It's been known since before the DDDK came out. DDDK merely made it obvious.

*citation needed

*citation needed

This is stated anytime a Trendy employee represents a thread, it's usually along the lines of:

" The harder the game, the better quality of loot. "

A mere search would valid the statement.

*citation needed

I'm with Grimmbles on this one. This makes me think of /reload in Starcraft, and ParryHaste. I've seen no post or gameplay evident that increasing players increases loot value. Increased Difficulty = Better Loot yes, but that's not the same thing at all. Since increasing players = increasing difficult is very subjective... (Yes, I'm aware it makes monsters harder and more numerous, but you're still adding an extra person to deal with them. Again: subjective difficulty increase)

Most people swap to DPS when they are done building anyways. But the concept is very true. You have a better chance of grabbing gear as a dps than while you are still building.

Yep I'm with Grimmbles on that - gonna have to ask you for a citation there.

I've not explored that part of the code in too much detail, but I don't remember seeing code that does that.

In fact I'd go so far as to say that not only is this wrong, adding players seems to have diminishing returns on AMOUNT of loot too.

DroppedEquipmentNumPlayersMultiplier(0)=1.0
DroppedEquipmentNumPlayersMultiplier(1)=1.75
DroppedEquipmentNumPlayersMultiplier(2)=2.25
DroppedEquipmentNumPlayersMultiplier(3)=3.25

As you can see, having 2 players instead of one doesn't double the loot. Sure, it almost does, but not quite.

I see nothing in the code which has player count against quality. Sure, you'll get more chance of better items dropping simply because you'll be having more items dropping. The quality is a constant.

Aren't two different statements being made? At least it sounds that way to me.

One statement is pointing out that more players -> more mobs -> more drops -> more likely to get a desirable item to drop.

Other statement is saying that more players -> more looters, and that each player gets less loot than if they were to solo.

But to the OP, run Misty till you can clear it. Alch labs is more if you want to AFK some mana inefficiently. If you're hell-bent on alch labs, yeah: hc, mix, and add some real friends or emulate some controllers, and you'll have more tickets (mobs) to play in the lottery (the big tease we call the random number generator).

Aren't two different statements being made? At least it sounds that way to me.

One statement is pointing out that more players -> more mobs -> more drops -> more likely to get a desirable item to drop.

Other statement is saying that more players -> more looters, and that each player gets less loot than if they were to solo.

But to the OP, run Misty till you can clear it. Alch labs is more if you want to AFK some mana inefficiently. If you're hell-bent on alch labs, yeah: hc, mix, and add some real friends or emulate some controllers, and you'll have more tickets (mobs) to play in the lottery (the big tease we call the random number generator).

Actually, the statement that people are disagreeing with is that:

More players == higher difficulty factor == better loot

We know that increasing the difficulty by other settings makes for better loot, but not that increasing the number of players does.

That's the "controversy" in this thread, as I read it at least.

I think it's rather just more time efficient to get trans with more players.

If you're playing by yourself you have to the final final waves a few times to get the amount of trans you would from one run with 4 players (which means restarting the map, rebuilding, playing through lower waves again, etc.)

I think it's rather just more time efficient to get trans with more players.

If you're playing by yourself you have to the final final waves a few times to get the amount of trans you would from one run with 4 players (which means restarting the map, rebuilding, playing through lower waves again, etc.)

Except that, as Mikee mentioned above, you don't get 4x the loot with 4 players. (You get 3.25x) So, if you divide it evenly among 4 players, you actually get less.

If you bring in 3 AFK alts, then yes you get more loot.

Adding more players doesnt increase the quality of loot it just increases the chance of getting better quality that is all. So more players = more mobs = more loot dropped total = better chance of good gear to drop.

Adding more players doesnt increase the quality of loot it just increases the chance of getting better quality that is all. So more players = more mobs = more loot dropped total = better chance of good gear to drop.

This sounds about right and agrees with all my anecdotal evidence. Which of course means it's not necessarily accurate. I'd just like to know for sure one way or the other.

I like the idea that at some point someone apparently decided "more players = better drops" and everyone just runs with it.

Easy way to test any theries is to do a map on medium (normal) and hve 4 players in a game.

it would be true that more players = better average loot... but only because of loot despawn. the more loot that drops, the more despawns, but the best stuff will stay, therefore there will be more good loot with more players, because theres more good drops total, not because the loot quality is better with more people.