If you've lost items due to the trade bug please follow the instructions here: http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?44343-Lost-Characters-or-Items . Please do not make a new post on the matter or ask for compensation here.

As for the bug itself we've been fixing some of the trade bugs and the biggest one we fixed in a more recent patch. However there looks to be another big one still out there but we still need more information on how it happens. If you know how to replicate it 100% (like you can start a trade with anyone and can get it to happen) please let me know immediately in private message.

If you've had the trade bug since 7.30 please provide us some information by replying below following the template. If you don't remember or know all the information please just say N/A to it. Also no need to post Steam ID and information, I would prefer it if you didn't.

• Who initiated the trade? (You or Them)
  • Were you the host of the tavern?
  • What did you put into the trade?
  • What did they put into the trade?
  • If mana was involved how much mana did you have before the trade?
  • If mana was involved how much mana did they have before the trade?
  • If items were involved how many pages/items did you have in your inventory before the trade?
  • Was there any multiple confirming/unconfirming? (did the deal change and you added more items in)
  • Did you notice anything special happen during the trade? (lag, other player joined, etc)
  • Any additional details you have to what may have happened?

Thank you to all responses! If you know someone who's had this issue recently please point them here. The more information we receive the better!

Background: I have more than one account and often try to trade mana between them. This has happened ever since I bought the game back last year and still happens on 7.32.

Who initiated the trade? (You or Them)
My 2nd account (Them) but doesn't seem to matter

Were you the host of the tavern?
Yes I was (Trying to receive money)

What did you put into the trade?
I had my 2nd account (them) put money into the trade window

What did they put into the trade?
Nothing, I am only trying to receive money from my 2nd account

If mana was involved how much mana did you have before the trade?
I usually have nothing when I try to get mana from my 2nd account. But I will do trades of around 100 million mana at a time over and over and it usually messes up after a few trades but has messed up on the very first one too.

If mana was involved how much mana did they have before the trade?
It has varied from 90 million total all the way up to 1.7 billion. It messes up no matter how much they have it seems.

If items were involved how many pages/items did you have in your inventory before the trade?
no items, only mana

Was there any multiple confirming/unconfirming? (did the deal change and you added more items in)
No and No

Did you notice anything special happen during the trade? (lag, other player joined, etc)
No other than for sure if I click Confirm on my account and it doesn't change to Unconfirm, I know for sure it will eat the mana when/if I click confirm on my other account. I can always prevent the bug when this happens by clicking cancel and doing a retry, problem is when it happens on the 2nd confrim, I just loose the mana.

Any additional details you have to what may have happened?
No idea but it is super easy to duplicate. Do enough mana trades between 2 accounts and it will happen. I think you would be hard pressed to do 10 mana trades for 100 million and not have it mess up.

If i had to guess I would say there is some variable that is storing what value of mana I had when I entered the tavern and regardless of me spending it all on upgrades.. soon as I try to get more mana from my other account to do more upgrades and if that mana plus the mana I already spent on upgrades, exceeds the soft cap it eats it? Just a guess and not sure if that even fits my problems everytime or not..

Please stick to the template. Failure to do so makes fixing the bugs harder. Thanks!

i have not tried to replicate it: but i might give a hint
This has happened three times to me but not to any of my friends.
The biggest difference is: I have a 1 mbit DSL connection which already causes some lag in shops. I strongly believe this is lag related.
On my last trade: Mana got traded (to me), item did not appear in other players box.

Who initiated the trade? I did
Were you the host of the tavern? No
What did you put into the trade? Trans plate helm + 370mil of mana
What did they put into the trade? nothing
If mana was involved how much mana did you have before the trade? 370m +
If mana was involved how much mana did they have before the trade? 5,9mil
If items were involved how many pages/items did you have in your inventory before the trade? around 100 items, on main page 0
Was there any multiple confirming/unconfirming? (did the deal change and you added more items in) All items were set and only one time confirms, first her then me
Did you notice anything special happen during the trade? (lag, other player joined, etc) Nothing special
Any additional details you have to what may have happened? After exchange i lost all my mana, even i didnt put all to trade, usually it helps to leave few mana to inventory so trade bug doesnt appear. this time it didnt work even i took some mana out of trade after putting max mana.

I had this bug happen once soon after the patch that was supposed to fix it, don't remember much of the details, so probably useless message here, but something anyway.

Who initiated the trade? (You or Them) N/A

Were you the host of the tavern? No (host and one other person present in tavern were not involved in trade)

What did you put into the trade? Nothing

What did they put into the trade? ~100 million mana

If mana was involved how much mana did you have before the trade? ~400 million mana

If mana was involved how much mana did they have before the trade? ~100 million mana

Was there any multiple confirming/unconfirming? (did the deal change and you added more items in) -Nope

Did you notice anything special happen during the trade? (lag, other player joined, etc) N/A

I already sent an email to [email]lostheroes@trendyent.com[/email], but I will fill this out as well to help the cause!

• Who initiated the trade? (You or Them) Him
  • Were you the host of the tavern? Yes
  • What did you put into the trade? Transcendent Leather Boots (valued around 10m+ mana)
  • What did they put into the trade? About 588m Mana
  • If mana was involved how much mana did you have before the trade? Around 234m
  • If mana was involved how much mana did they have before the trade? 588m, the exact amount he traded with
  • If items were involved how many pages/items did you have in your inventory before the trade? Don't remember, would say around 160/220
  • Was there any multiple confirming/unconfirming? (did the deal change and you added more items in) When he first opened the trade, he put some items in to show me. He then removed those items, sold some stuff, then put only mana. We never hit confirm/unconfirm until the end.
  • Did you notice anything special happen during the trade? (lag, other player joined, etc) Not to my knowledge. It was in my AFK shop, so people could've been entering and leaving as the trade was happening. But both of us stayed in.
  • Any additional details you have to what may have happened? I'm not sure, but I remember a while back things were mentioned about if you trade mana greater than or equal to 95% of your total mana, this could cause an issue. I would also like to note that I did perform a trade RIGHT AFTER, with another player, trading one Monk staff for 5 or 6 tokens, so maybe it's a mana for item thing. I can speculate, but hopefully my info helps!

Thank you Trendy!
p34nUt

• 3 weeks later...
Hi!

I lost 19th of May my main inventory items. All subfolder items were intact. I believe this problem relates to the trading bug that you have been experiencing. Here is a description and speculation about what happened:

Last night I did a run with my friend to defeat the Aquanos boss. After beating the boss we decided to do a survival run on the map to get seahorses for each other. We got the pets and at wave 20 my friend left the game after a new wave had been started. I was hosting the game. Needless to say my wave did not go as planned and I ended up back in the tavern. I organized my loot from the run and sold most of my excess equipment. Around two pages of inventory was left to my main item box. My mana ended up being 599,676,798 and so I decided to go shopping. Funnily enough I ended up in a shop that was my friends who had been playing with me. As I went through his transcendent armors, I found leather boots that could suit me. I decided to buy these for 110m. As I was doing the transaction, the screen freezed for a moment, and then I was ejected back to the shop list. I saw from steam friends list that my friend was offline. As I talked with him this morning, his internet connection was interrupted during the night and he had been ejected from trendynet (probably around 4 am UTC+2). He had had successful trades before my visit and his bank mana amount was around 806 million.

What you could check:
- why only the items in the main folder were lost? It seems that while bying items from the tavern keeper, the game assumes that there is a trade going on between the players item box and tavern keepers shop. If at some point the network traffic is cut, the transaction packets don't arrive, and the game considers the trade canceled and empties the "trade window" which in this case is the main item box. You probably have a variable that causes the item box to be confused as a trade window sometimes. This could explain the trading bug also, if the game does not understand which folder is inbox, and which folder is the trade window.
- a patch arrived easterday. I know I was using the same 7.33 patch as was my friend too while the problem occurred. The 7.34b patch had been released already when this happened.
- I am using Finnish keyboard layout. Some foreign characters could cause problems. You should test these, just in case.

I hope this helps in solving the problem :)

Best regards

Drizzit

Them

Yes

6.2 Billion worth of tokens

No mana

N/A

If items were involved how many pages/items did you have in your inventory before the trade?
One item on the main page. Nothing else was lost.

Was there any multiple confirming/unconfirming? (did the deal change and you added more items in)
Both confirmed, no repetition, they disconnected. Bug happened.

Did you notice anything special happen during the trade? (lag, other player joined, etc)
Nothing special.

We now both has the 6.2 billion worth of tokens. Identical. My item, the supreme spear is gone in the ether.
Below you can see a second trade after the incident. We both have the tokens. When one of us adds a token, the other cannot add the duplicate to the trade. It appears as though the item is already in the trade even though it is on the other side of the trade.

The hammer on the left was added. The hammer selected by the mouse is the duplicate.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/2324/2012060800001.jpg

Them

Yes

6.2 Billion worth of tokens

No mana

N/A

One item on the main page. Nothing else was lost.

Both confirmed, no repetition, they disconnected. Bug happened.

Nothing special.

We now both has the 6.2 billion worth of tokens. Identical. My item, the supreme spear is gone in the ether.
Below you can see a second trade after the incident. We both have the tokens. When one of us adds a token, the other cannot add the duplicate to the trade. It appears as though the item is already in the trade even though it is on the other side of the trade.

The hammer on the left was added. The hammer selected by the mouse is the duplicate.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/2324/2012060800001.jpg
I'm the other half of the trade. I offered 45 tokens for his spear(very nice spear) and then game shut down right after the trade and booted me to desktop with DD closed. I opened it again and the tokens were all still in my inventory, but no spear to be found. The other half of the trade afterwords. It shows my tokens as in trade via his side of the window.

Who initiated the trade? I think I did
Were you the host of the tavern? I was not the host of the tavern
What did you put into the trade? I put an armor worth 243Million ish and all my mana 381Million ish
What did they put into the trade? He put a trans electric sea shocker into the trade
If mana was involved how much mana did you have before the trade? I had 381Million ish mana before the trade
If mana was involved how much mana did they have before the trade? He had 5.8 million ish mana after the trade(so i would assume this was the amount before as well since he traded no mana)
I had 196 items before the trade and the item was one of 3 in the folder it was in first folder(top left) off main folder
There were not multiple pages in the trade

Was there any multiple confirming/unconfirming? There were issues with confirming the trade the checkmark didn't apper when i clicked it the first time.

Did you notice anything special happen during the trade? (lag, other player joined, etc) there was lag in the shop previously as well. There may have been lag during the trade that is what i attributed the above to. another player left during the trade

Any additional details the guy I traded with reported this problem or me for hacking one of the two he asked me if i had hacked which i do not do and said he would report this. this is in ranked.

sorry for not knowing the exact numbgers

They did.
No the person I traded to was.
I put just under 600mil mana into the trade.
They did not put anything.
599mil approx. It was just under 600mil but the exact amount I don't remember.
100mil.
No items.
No.
Nothing special was noticed.
None.

hi i had the trade bug
i started the trade in my tavrn
in the trade were 12 400M tokens from my side and a trans mail coat on his side
there was no mana involved
i had about 169 items in my item box
the confirm was instand
nothin out of the ordenary happend

• 3 weeks later...
-YOU
-YES
-Weighted Companion Cube
-8 TOKENS 600M
-7 PAGES / 77 ITEMS
-NO
-TRADE LAGG BEFORE CONFIRMATION
MY ROOM LAG IS THE 2ST TIME WHEN LIMITED COMPANY ARRIVES

• Who initiated the trade? (You or Them): Me
  • Were you the host of the tavern?: Yes
  • What did you put into the trade? 1 Sea Horse, 0 Mana
  • What did they put into the trade? ~20 Tokens worth of weapons. (~400M each)
  • If mana was involved how much mana did you have before the trade? n/a
  • If mana was involved how much mana did they have before the trade? n/a
  • If items were involved how many pages/items did you have in your inventory before the trade? 205/220
  • Was there any multiple confirming/unconfirming? (did the deal change and you added more items in) Just one long pause before the cash register sound.
  • Did you notice anything special happen during the trade? (lag, other player joined, etc): No
  • Any additional details you have to what may have happened?: My game has been running for a few days straight. AFK Shops and games in between. I believe the other party just started his game. I doubt that has to do anything with a botched trade, but with this ongoing problem, anything goes.

Who initiated the trade? them
Were you the host of the tavern?no
What did you put into the trade?2heretic maybe 2 hammers i put 5 items
What did they put into the trade?pet rock
If mana was involved how much mana did you have before the trade?82mil +
If mana was involved how much mana did they have before the trade?dont know
If items were involved how many pages/items did you have in your inventory before the trade?13 or 14
Was there any multiple confirming/unconfirming? (did the deal change and you added more items in)no
Did you notice anything special happen during the trade? (lag, other player joined, etc)when i was confirming it wont show check so i press the confirm twice then it complete the trade but we didnt get the stuff
Any additional details you have to what may have happened?nothing just normal

Who initiated the trade? (You or Them): They did

Were you the host of the tavern?: No I wasn't

What did you put into the trade?: 1 weighted companion cube, 2 600m tokens and 1 400m token

What did they put into the trade?: 2 pieces of supreme armour. 1 being a pristine helmet, the other being mail boots

If mana was involved how much mana did you have before the trade?: There was none. It was item only

If mana was involved how much mana did they have before the trade?: " "

If items were involved how many pages/items did you have in your inventory before the trade?: I likely had a near full inventory. Probably 210 or so. Can't remember exactly
Was there any multiple confirming/unconfirming? (did the deal change and you added more items in): No

Did you notice anything special happen during the trade? (lag, other player joined, etc): When we both hit confirm the confirm box turned black and stayed that way for a short time then the trade window disappeared. We both checked our item boxes and found none of the traded items.

Any additional details you have to what may have happened?: No

• 4 weeks later...
Who initiated the trade? They did after he was unable to confirm it
Were you the host of the tavern? Yes
What did you put into the trade? 1 Supreme Pretador Gun with 306 ugprades, I had previously taken out a Supreme musket from the trade since they weren't paying the 12 billion in full agreed.
What did they put into the trade? 12 x 600 million tokens
If mana was involved how much mana did you have before the trade? none
If mana was involved how much mana did they have before the trade? none only tokens
If items were involved how many pages/items did you have in your inventory before the trade? 129
Was there any multiple confirming/unconfirming? I changed it by taking out the Supreme musket and letting him know I would give it to him on the next trade.
Did you notice anything special happen during the trade? He did inform of some weird lag.
- I opened trade window first, a guy joined later and I accidentaly opened another with him.
- I closed it and reopened with the other person.
- For some reason I think the other guy was a hack cause he had 2 billion on him and no good gear at all.
- Anyway I had opened the trade with the right guy now.
- He was unable to confirm, I had already confirmed it.
- When It was done, He didnt get the gun, and I didnt have the tokens on me.