Sign in to follow this  
KamelJabber

Karathiki Jungle

So time to get some better gear and a monkey.

I read various posts about it's difficulty and nearly impossible to do solo.

If this is in fact true, then I need to group up with ppl with my crazy schedule to run this :/

p.s. I can always try and see how it goes, but, at this point I don't wanna waste time failing....

ty

Myself as well. Add me to steam and I will be glad to run this.

Squire builder: 800/2300/800/900
Barb: 2.8 mil
Wall EV: 2300 hp

steam ID: Sel'thyr

I managed to complete it solo yesterday after many, oh so many, failures. I modified Kandar and Disciple's builds to deal with sharks better, at least for my playstyle. Trying to help someone else through the map using Disciple's full build, but we're not having any luck.

I did it solo a few days ago using combinations on the builds on this forum.
First round, build walls and harpoons. second round traps and buff beams and snares is what worked for me.
This map is a real pain to solo so unless you have super stats it's probably going to take a while.
For the sharken, well yeah haven't really found a good solution for that so far.

Finally, finished a duo run which was harder than the solo run. Although maybe I'm just used to working alone.

Sounds like solo is dooable.
That's enough for me to give it a try. =p

p.s.
Although my stats may not cut it anyway.
I lost on Moraggo Wave 20. I was thinking I could make to at least 25.
Perhaps I have not bled Misty dry yet... :/

I am around often, add me on steam: Matonloco
Jungle is the last unlock I need for survival so I am down anytime to do it.

I need the campaign victory badly. I have a dps monk, a 3.1k tower dmg squire and assorted other builders. Add me on steam if you are going to run it at some point, maybe tomorrow daytime.

TY for the offers and support!!

I have never run the map, before I take you up on offers I think it's fair that I at least run it on hard/insane so I don't derp around the map :D

I use this to farm monkeys. I didn't try it for Campaign, but it should work just fine. It's based on disciple's build.

http://ddplanner.com/?l=4903,monkey-farming

Just tried this build in survival and it works greats. I split screened on the 14 wave and the framerate dropped so fast I had a hard time telling what was going on. Still got my two monkeys.

I have never run the map, before I take you up on offers I think it's fair that I at least run it on hard/insane so I don't derp around the map :D

That would be recommended. Seeing ddplanner maps of it does nothing to prepare you for seeing the entire map. Even though it's largely symmetrical, it still throws me off from time to time where I am going without the map on (today was the first time I loaded up the map as well).

I have a campaign build handy and it lasted on Hard. In theory, it should work on Nightmare with Sharken but I guess I'll find out. If you want, we can team up (We seem to be on the same spots in terms of loot progression anyways).

I use this to farm monkeys. I didn't try it for Campaign, but it should work just fine. It's based on disciple's build.

Used this tonight to get the survival unlock. Subbed the NW fireball for a hap and didn't use the reflects, but it still ran pretty smoothly. I had an issue with sharks moving my SE crystal's E wall, but that's probably due to bad trap placement.

The gas traps on the outer sides of south crystals should be placed so that their effect radius barely ends before the tiny stairs (place them further out if you want, but that'll contribute to clogging). Also, the harpoons shooting towards that gas trap should shoot straight through the crystal, as there are broken tiles slightly southish that will block harpoon projectiles from hitting half of that hallway if you place the harpoons south of the center of the crystal.

Other than that, I found this map to be really forgiving of silly setups. You only ever need forge-side walls for all 4 crystals. Yes, there's another path, but if your trap radius and aura radius are big enough + boosted, nothing through wave 14 has enough HP to reach your crystal. The one exception is ogres, but I haven't had any take the long route in the 8 to 10 runs I did recently.

I found it a little exciting to start on wave 13 with pure strat mode for monkey farming, but ymmv.

I caught Zinn tonight, so far 8 bad monkeys and counting...maybe a reboot will make the RNG behave :)

Thoughts: so unless there is a massive drop in mob numbers and mob HP this would be crazy hard solo! We both have monks with tower boosts. I know i'm using hero boost to get on top of sharken. Both are checking on south traps. It's quite a tag team.

tbh, Zinn is pro, I just follow him around :D

I have 14 monkey's in my ItemBox now. Maybe more, I lost count. Good ones are hard to come by!

Maybe only 2 are useable.
Of those two, one is much better than the other.

That one of course does not have a lot of Hero HP, So, I'll lose about 12k HP (from my current DPS pet). Maybe OK since it heals too. And it has a -100 tower boost stat. Which makes me feel real bad cuz I spent billions upgrading that stat in particular.

Because upgrade costs are ENORMOUS I'm hesitant to upgrade it in case I may find a super one.

That leaves me running around in circles and basically not doing anything again for a while.

hehe, I use pretty much the exact same build based on disciple's build! :P
works like a charm though. Just got an 245^ monkey with 289 hero damage so I think i'll leave jungle alone for a while.

edit: I did it with only 580 range on my aura monk, so it's a very good build :P

Just got an 245^ monkey with 289 hero damage so I think i'll leave jungle alone for a while.

Groan...you're making me want to farm a better one. Maybe I can afk controller a decent monkey in place of an AA tower. ....if only I can roll a decent one!

Well I got it done. It was messy and perhaps a bit lucky, of course hectic, but WIN xD

If you survive the first wave you're in :) I'll try to make a vid of a nice clean run soon...

p.s. All credit goes to the strat builder (sorry don't know who exactly) and Zinn for showing me around the map!

Nice. I finally able to start at wave 13 and make to 15 solo for the pet. Its hectic, but it not crystal damage or anything. I did lose a wall in the north but I was able to hold it while running back forth between north crystals.

Well I got it done. It was messy and perhaps a bit lucky, of course hectic, but WIN xD

Congratz.

I was able to get to the last wave with a friend several times but I still need to make some adjustments to either help deal with Wyverns or Sharken on the outer side. North end of the map always seems to be the crazy side; South side can be left alone, even without buff beams on campaign (Time build limit is a pain in the butt on Campaign) and even if Sharken move a wall (since I position it in such a way that even if it charges, it won't move it that far).

Of course, I abuse the fact that enemies despawn in Campaign, so what I've made is a time-consuming build, but a really safe build.

I hope to join the Monkey farming soon.

Just wanna bump this up that I do still need to get through this campaign. A really basic build is what I'm using atm. Certainly not the build I'll be using for survival but again, time limit when I'm building everything = using buff beams is silly and time-consuming

Kamel, I PM'd you my ID but it looks like you didn't add yet. Do you want me to send it again?

i added someone :)

as far as this goes, I been trying to get better gear last few days. I wanted to get a solid build order down but major failed.
I got frustrated and gave up.

The planets aligned for my last win. It's not a win unless you can do it three times in a row :)

EDIT: new plan, playing around with a build that uses less towers. to much to build in campaign mode...