How do I get better loot??

Just curious... what modes do people play to get weapons that drop 500+ dmg and 50ish stats??

Are you guys playing survival? hardcore?

Does it depend on the level you are? Do you have to play in a group or is some of it soloable?

Also are accessories dropping on all maps or just the DLC expansions?

It's hard to say and depends on your stats and charecters
I found omf on nm drops pretty nice weapons as rewards
But if your stats are a bit on the low side you'd be best of on the assult pack get nice ret

Just curious... what modes do people play to get weapons that drop 500+ dmg and 50ish stats??

Are you guys playing survival? hardcore?

Does it depend on the level you are? Do you have to play in a group or is some of it soloable?

Also are accessories dropping on all maps or just the DLC expansions?

To better recommend some maps, please tell us the gear type that you're currently wearing?

well i was gifted an insane weapon... Squire 12000dmg and 50ish on all stat which puts my dps at 300,000 so all the stats are in the 100-120 range now(prior to this my stats was all in the 50-70 range, I was power level'ed so my weapon and stats are way above my game experience at this point. I am thinking about my other characters tho who are all low levels ... I have mainly been playing solo and maybe that is my problem... I just started doing maps solo on insane and I'm still not impressed with the drops so I'm not sure if I have to play on nightmare mode!

Also what does Hardcore mode do?

I guess even with my squire now I'm going to be trying to upgrade his armor but it would be nice to know where to get accessories too ( I got a feather and a shield from part 1 of the 4part DLC) but I'm not sure if the DLC is the only place to get accessories.

I guess I'm just asking what modes and settings drop better items and if I have to get to wave 4? or wave 9 on INHC or NMHC? or if I just do insane or NM without hardcore will that drop anything in the 30+ stat range?

You can find accessories everywhere.
Hardcore mode improves the quality of loot and experience, but you won't respawn if you die.
Play through the campaign on Insane. You might not find any new gear but you'll learn the maps, and that'll be important for later.

Delete your hero, start over and stay away from people offering to powerlevel you unless they also volunteer to teach you everything you need to know.

Alternatively, start working your way through the hard/insane campaign and once you have completed the entire original campaign on insane, come back here and ask again ;)

With the introduction to Sharken, the easiest way IMO to obtain gear is to farm Uber MonsterFest on either Hard or Insane. Once you can last on either difficulty without dying, go for hardcore mode. Additionally, You will need a monk and series-ev to comfortable beat the levels with your Squire.

For easy leveling and early mana for upgrades?

1) Ramparts Hard Hardcore to about level 60ish. (500-600k mana per run.)

If it's too easy,

2) Ramparts Insane Hardcore until about level 71ish. (900K-1M mana per run.)

When this becomes too easy,

Glitterhelm Insane Hardcore can be done until 83. (3-6M mana a run, if you dont loot?)
Note: This is the absolutely best method aside from Nightmare Hardcore for leveling. With all the bonuses it can yield like 2.5 million XP in about 15 minutes when your towers can handle the enemies without needing upgrades.

Hey, thanks guys! This has been very helpful!

I will start trying hardcore mode on levels that I can clear on insane.

also good to know about monster fest! I will try some of this stuff out. Should be good.

Glitterhelm Insane Hardcore can be done until 83. (3-6M mana a run, if you dont loot?)
Note: This is the absolutely best method aside from Nightmare Hardcore for leveling. With all the bonuses it can yield like 2.5 million XP in about 15 minutes when your towers can handle the enemies without needing upgrades.

Only a couple of things wrong with this.. Glitterhelm Insane is still better exp than any map on NM HC (Except Aquanos). And also is NOT the best exp anymore. Aquanos gives 3-4x as much exp as glitterhelm if not more. Insane runs give nearly 1.5 mil per wave. NM waves can give 2 mil per wave with a good set-up.

• 1 month later...
[QUOTE]Glitterhelm Insane is still better exp than any map on NM HC (Except Aquanos). And also is NOT the best exp anymore.[/QUOTE]

That seems to be a contradictory statement. or I am reading it wrong.
Are you saying Glitter Insane is better exp than Cliffs and Moraggo on NM HC? I don't think that's true. I don't think Glitter NM HC is as good as Cliffs on Insane is it?

Anyhow I concur with the second part. Glitthelm is so yesterday... :)
I leveled my summoner from 0 to 74 in one Insane survival run of Cliffs to wave 28.

Glitter is still one of the easiest maps to get exp on.

To get most enjoyment out of the game I'd recommend not powerleveling (unless you have friends to play with and you want to get on their level) and just play the game to get higher. After you have a character reach level 74, getting more exp is not going to be worth much. Mythical items will do more than fine, transcendant or supreme are end-game loot, and a rare sight outside of survival mode.

Just play the game, do some challenges, work your way up. You'll learn the game, and get to enjoy most of it. If you're still enjoying the game after that, you can try breaking into nightmare mode. It'll be a nice challenge, or a neverending strugge, depening on how you look at it :D