* Remote-Crystal-Activation (Default 'G' key) now works on MonsterFests and any maps

* Remote-Crystal-Activation (Default 'G' key) now works on MonsterFests and any maps without a Crystal to advance past the Build Phase

only took you a year to put this out :D
now it will go 8 min faster yay :D

All that's missing is for crystal activation to work on an Xbox controller.

* Remote-Crystal-Activation (Default 'G' key) now works on MonsterFests and any maps without a Crystal to advance past the Build Phase

Yep you said it buddy, i guess miracles do happen.......sometimes.

All that's missing is for crystal activation to work on an Xbox controller.

Works fine if you manually bind it from the config file. Agreed that it sucks, though. Controllers really should get thier own binding page. Prefferably one that actully works.

??? Just tried to activate the combat round on OMF and 'G' doesn't work. hmmm what am I doing wrong? It works for regular campaign maps.

The game would have to have been out for a year. Heh. I mean it's barely even breaking into the half a year mark >.> Exaggeration much?

Works fine if you manually bind it from the config file. Agreed that it sucks, though. Controllers really should get thier own binding page. Prefferably one that actully works.

It's never worked for me manually binding it to any key on an xbox controller. Over half the control bindings do nothing or just glitch things up if you change them on an xbox controller.

I have also manually bound it and have had no luck.. What Config call did you bind it in and what did you bind it too? I even made mine read only.

Umm... GameConfig.ini i think it is. I've got a shortcut for it on my desktop, so I can check for sure when I get home. Make sure you save a backup copy first, of course.

Its been a while since I edited it, but if I remember right, the file has two parts that look like they are keybindings. Its the second set you want.

@nik: Are you sure you typed everything in right? Some of the commands do have slightly weird names.

Umm... GameConfig.ini i think it is. I've got a shortcut for it on my desktop, so I can check for sure when I get home. Make sure you save a backup copy first, of course.

@nik: Are you sure you typed everything in right? Some of the commands do have slightly weird names.

Uhhh.. I was supposed to type anything in? o.O I'm talking about using the games key binding / controller configuration page. Wherein I click on the blank spot next to activate crystal and press a button on my 360 controller to bind it. Doesn't matter which button it's bound to, it doesn't work.

I don't see any configurable ini's (especially a gameconfig.ini). Even if I did, if I was going to go through that much hassle to configure it I'd just configure a joy-2-key system instead so I could make it behave how I wanted with all the other buttons/functions that don't work for being manually configured either.

If I can't configure it to work from dundefconfig.exe (Which is buggy as heck itself) there is a problem here..

Oh, thought you meant you had already tried editing the config file. My mistake.

And yeah. I said it in my first post, but I completely agree that key config needs to be relooked at ...Come to think of it, I can't think of another game that doesn't let you edit bindings on the fly. Why exactly do we have to relaunch the game every time?

I'm still not sure where any such config file is. Heh. No ini files and the only .config and .pref files I'm seeing have nothing to do with keybindings.

If Trendy's answer is to modify config files that the dundefconfig itself should already be modifying though, I'd be severely dissappointed. Not so bad when another forum poster suggests it, but I'd hate to see Trendy at all supporting this line of thinking.

I'd rather see the problem fixed than the player being told to find a way around it when it comes to actual programming issues like this. (Not quite the same as game content being 'too hard' or anything like that, wherein I usually agree with the 'find a way around it' tactic.. Configurable controls shouldn't be a difficulty factor :P)

Ah... I probably shouldnt mention who told me where to find the file then... But yeah, I dig it up when I get off work in a few hours.

UDKInput.ini

Steam\steamapps\common\dungeon defenders\UDKGame\Config

Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_A",Command="ActivateCrystal")

works fine for me, shame you had to bind it there though.

edit: ActivateCrystal is one word >

Good to know if that's ever critical I guess. Until Trendy fixes dundefconfig to be more controller friendly, I'm just going to be using xpadder or something similar though. There is no good excuse for the config program being as broken as it is. Trying to reposition it is also impossible as only the background moves in the end. Text/options all snap back to the center of the screen often leaving sections of the config screen completely unviewable. None of the options there should be specific to the config program either, seeing as how every other game out there these days all have these options inside of the game itself.

Well since we're talking about fixing the config anyway, individual player settings, please. How it is now is fine for keyboard/controler (assuming you can get it to work), but what are you supposed to do when you have more than 2 people trying to splitscreen and the controller people have different preferences?

Well since we're talking about fixing the config anyway, individual player settings, please. How it is now is fine for keyboard/controler (assuming you can get it to work), but what are you supposed to do when you have more than 2 people trying to splitscreen and the controller people have different preferences?

This would also be great and even more reason to move these options in-game. I'd like to be able to sort out which buttons use which skills for EVERY character. I like having my most used skill in the same place on every character which is impossible to do with forced shared control schemes.

Even just seperate controls for each controller as you suggested would be a vast improvement for when I like to split-screen 4 chars.

what xbox key are you binding it too? So far what i've tried does not work and if i use the config file it overwrites the key and diasbles it's primary function.

you could add it to the config (rather than writing over the key)

so that would be

Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_A",Command="Jump")
Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_A",Command="ActivateCrystal")

just leave them like that one after the other and it *should* do both of them all the time :)

edit: ActivateCrystal is one word again >