Halloween Items Are Confirmed to Drop

my steam account says that ive played 200 hours in the last 2 weeks, i have not seen a single nosferatu of any quality drop from any map. i only ran my afk shop for...MAYBE 5 hours.

clearly it's not "fixed"

Read the recent patch notes here: http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?58073-Current-Patch-7.32

They recently patched it to increase the drop rate. I think it's working because people are reporting seeing the items drop now.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a Boxing glove, and a Boxing Mitt. One is Legendary from Moraggo (NM non HC), the other is a cursed from HC Spook. Really low drop rate still.

Just ignore nikodareus.

Sadly, seeing:

is only slightly less annoying than his posts. Then the rest of the thread is full of people silly enough to argue with him.

Sadly, seeing:

is only slightly less annoying than his posts. Then the rest of the thread is full of people silly enough to argue with him.

Yeah I added him to my ignore list, it's just a shame it took me three pages to do so.

Yeah I added him to my ignore list, it's just a shame it took me three pages to do so.

Shame indeed. Would be nice if people would learn to use tools provided to them sooner instead of trolling/flaming needlessly.

Thanks though. I honestly appreciate your efforts on this issue. This will save both of us needless hassle in the future.

I wish I had the strength to ignore too, but...

Allright, here we go. Niko, you just tried to argue your way into redeeming yourself, and in the progress made things worse. You made less sense than before, made false assumptions about other people's motivations, and generally came off as of a troll with too much time on his hands, moreso than before. I didn't think you'd be able to.

This whole thread was started by someone trying to be nice, and you've acted like a complete jackass towards him. Please, before you post, think. "Does this add anything to the discussion, or do I have a something positive to post?" If the answer to both questions is no (it was this time), then don't post. It'll make the forums a better place.

Man if only we could see some more of a "live and let live" attitude coming from you. But no, it's rather disturbing that people get away with this sort of blatant trolling and try to act all perfectly innocent. (see how that's just an annoying thing to post?)

On the topic of modding an item: Yes people can mod items and make screenshots. Also, developers can make mistakes. You can't trust anyone to be right 100% of the time. That does not mean you get to shriek at people as soon as they try to prove something. Yes, they could be trying to be jerks and just flat-out mod stuff, but that's kind of the point here. The more people post that something is in fact the case, the more legitimate it becomes. That would also make your complaint about screenshots being posted before seem irrelevant (it is).

Now if you excuse me, I have to find some topics you haven't posted in yet, to feel a little better.

Allright, here we go. Niko, you just tried to argue your way into redeeming yourself, and in the progress made things worse. You made less sense than before, made false assumptions about other people's motivations, and generally came off as of a troll with too much time on his hands, moreso than before. I didn't think you'd be able to.

In your opinion. Sorry I came off that way -to you- but it was not at all my intent.

[quote]This whole thread was started by someone trying to be nice, and you've acted like a complete jackass towards him. [/quote]
In your opinion. I wasn't acting like a jackass, merely perceived that way.

[quote]Please, before you post, think. "Does this add anything to the discussion, or do I have a something positive to post?" If the answer to both questions is no (it was this time), then don't post. It'll make the forums a better place.[/quote]
In your opinion.

[quote]Man if only we could see some more of a "live and let live" attitude coming from you. But no, it's rather disturbing that people get away with this sort of blatant trolling and try to act all perfectly innocent. (see how that's just an annoying thing to post?)[/quote]
In your opinion. No, posting your opinion doesn't bother me. Especially when it's made based on false assumptions like that.

[quote]On the topic of modding an item: Yes people can mod items and make screenshots. Also, developers can make mistakes. You can't trust anyone to be right 100% of the time. That does not mean you get to shriek at people as soon as they try to prove something. Yes, they could be trying to be jerks and just flat-out mod stuff, but that's kind of the point here. The more people post that something is in fact the case, the more legitimate it becomes. That would also make your complaint about screenshots being posted before seem irrelevant (it is).[/quote]
In your opinion. In my own opinion it was perfectly relevant or I wouldn't have posted it to begin with.

[quote]Now if you excuse me, I have to find some topics you haven't posted in yet, to feel a little better.[/QUOTE]
Done here? Good. Bai. Glad to have your input and know your -opinions- on the matter. 0 accurate facts to support it, but your own solid opinion on the matter that you are fully allowed to have.

Glad we could straighten that up. Hopefully we are done with the 'attack niko with false accusations based on our own opinions' game.

Hopefully we are done with the 'attack niko with false accusations based on our own opinions' game.

I lol'd.

Good post(s), would lol again.

Yesyes. Like you aren't one of the worst about it. Can we move on now? Stop with the trolling? K. Thanks. Not sure why others insist on making this an issue when it really isn't. Learn to deal with other people's opinions or you aren't going to make it far in life. 'nuff said.

Love the infraction point by the way. My worst is a few warnings for giving in to trolling. And another for double posting. I've gotten around the double posting. It's just hard not to defend yourself when other people are so clearly trolling and the mods won't actually MODERATE the forums and tell them to stop.

Glad we could straighten that up. Hopefully we are done with the 'attack niko with false accusations based on our own opinions' game.

Things like being annoying, finding someone to be unconstructive, etc, are always subjective. Saying that those are just people's opinions does in no way invalidate their words. The problem here is mostly that the majority of people posting here have a problem with you and your attitude. All I'm asking is that you either post something useful or constructive, or just restrain yourself from posting. It'll make things better for everyone (including you).

Now I'm not saying all your posts are negative, just all the ones that I've seen in all the threads you've posted in recently.

More on-topic: I haven't seen any halloween weapons myself yet. Only played Aquanos and Throne Room so far though. Still, they should be dropping on all the maps now, right?

Things like being annoying, finding someone to be unconstructive, etc, are always subjective. Saying that those are just people's opinions does in no way invalidate their words.

Noone said it invalidates their words. It just means that their words are opinions and not fact. Nor often true (As true as opinions can be). Things like being annoying or finding someone to be unconstructive are indeed opinions but there is nothing to validate or invalidate. They are merely your way of looking at it and aren't representative of my actual intentions. Did I annoy you? Probably. It doesnt mean I meant to. Was I being unconstructive? I guess so, in your opinion, but in mine it was intended to be quite the opposite.

The problem here lies in what each of us considers being annoying or unconstructive. Not with my posts. Sure, I could 'be a little nicer' so to speak. That's just often on the difficult side when from my own perspective, I generally AM being nice. Sure I can be wordy about it. And have a bit of a 'dont care' attitude. The fact that people assume I'm being a jerk or jackass or dbag or the many other names I've been called (Which all fall under the flaming category of the rules, by the way so I'm not sure why mods let these things slip) when that isn't my intent is simply silly to me. Such things are making huge, false assumptions about my goals, intent and attitude.

[quote]The problem here is mostly that the majority of people posting here have a problem with you and your attitude. All I'm asking is that you either post something useful or constructive, or just restrain yourself from posting. It'll make things better for everyone (including you).[/quote]
When I post these kinda suggestions I just get flamed for it. Funny that. There's nothing to 'make better' for me, though. I don't have any problem with people disagreeing with me. It's the fact that other people seem to have a problem with me disagreeing with them that tends to make my responses more 'unconstructive' over time as I am pretty much left in a spot of 'defend my opinion' or 'deal with forum poster x just trashed your opinion, flamed you and called you a liar'. I'd call that pretty unconstructive and negative. And generally well worth defending my own opinions against. I'm usually -quite- a bit nicer than most people about it to boot. I'm not sitting here calling others dbags, treating them like crap stuck to my shoes or anything of the sort. That's the real difference in my 'unconstructive' posts. They continue to lack emotion, personal attacks, etc. Yet people treat them as if they don't. The rare time I do lose my cool, I simply don't post and either A) Find another topic or B)Take a break from the forums for a couple of days. I don't start calling names, insulting, etc. And I think the only people think that I -am- getting insulting is because they themselves get insulting when someone disagrees with them so they don't think I should behave any differently than they do.

I do apologize that my first post in the thread was taken the wrong way and apparently considered an insult by the OP, but that was not at all it's intent. And from my own perspective, still quite 'constructive'. The resulting barrage of 'We hate Niko because she's too opinionated!!!' posts is what I consider unconstructive. Along with the OP not accepting the fact that we had a difference of opinion and instead treating me like some sort of spiteful enemy because of it.

[quote]More on-topic: I haven't seen any halloween weapons myself yet. Only played Aquanos and Throne Room so far though. Still, they should be dropping on all the maps now, right?[/QUOTE]

I've seen them drop on non-halloween maps. And the first screenshot someone posted on the forum back when the change was first introduced (before the two increased drop rate patches) supposedly wasn't found on the halloween map. So they have been dropping on all maps since the change was introduced.

Read the recent patch notes here: http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?58073-Current-Patch-7.32

They recently patched it to increase the drop rate. I think it's working because people are reporting seeing the items drop now.

Yea i saw that patch, since 7.32 came out ive done maybe 3 or 4 full misty runs NMHC all the way to wave 30. still seems a little odd that ive never seen even ONE drop, i mean of any quality...not even cursed or shining or epic lol. I'll keep lookin Nrin, i'll let you know on this thread if i find anything...

Yea i saw that patch, since 7.32 came out ive done maybe 3 or 4 full misty runs NMHC all the way to wave 30. still seems a little odd that ive never seen even ONE drop, i mean of any quality...not even cursed or shining or epic lol. I'll keep lookin Nrin, i'll let you know on this thread if i find anything...

They seem to have a much, much lower drop rate in shards maps. Probably due to the increased size of the loot tables. More competition for other things that can drop with the same drop rate is technically a lower drop rate.

This thread was the first confirmation I saw, at least. Thank you OP.

Oh, nope. He's still not done trolling. Nor knows the definition of Irony.

/done

LOL I don't troll & it's not even necessary in your case when you're so obviously capable of doing it to yourself as you've shown time & again in this thread and many many others.

You still have no idea why people "disagree" with you so much on these forums do you? Here's a hint - it's not your 'opinions'.

EDIT: Having read the little monologue on your profile, I retract the above statement. That's just too funny to be serious. You are a jedi master at trolling. Very well played

sorry to necro this thread but since 7.32 ive not seen ONE holiday drop (etherian holiday,halloween,or pres royal) PERIOD on any game ....wtf is up with that?

also tavern rewards are garbage again... every pet is like 30 levels ...and the armor and weps are horrid

Eh you may just have bad luck on the tavern stuff. Since there's only three items per section there's always a quite large chance to get crap inthere.

Iv seen two NOS in the tavern shop (both godly) but i haven't seen any drop yet. drop rate could probably use a tiny bump again. i haven't seen a single halloween weapon yet. Then again, maybe they're all over the place in other players games. who knows.

I said i'd keep you all updated if i found a nosferatu drop. Since my last post(about 25 hours ago) I ran a 1-25 deeper well, and a 1-25 foundries since someone said they might be easier to find on original campaigns. I also ran another 3 or 4 misty runs from 1-30. Still not a single nosferatu drop of any quality whatsoever. ill keep updating until they fix it or until i finally see one drop lol.

And the problem is that even if they drop they'll likely be fairly crappy. It's easy to farm spook for a 240-250^ NOS. Which means only really a trans/supreme would work and those spawn 150-250^ all the time. So unless one drops every 3rd wave, every 4th wave, getting a decent one will be like winning the lottery. I'd guess to get one better then a 250^ mythic nos you'd probably have to go through 200+ random drops. I get 8 sea spears a wave, there might be one good one a run (15+ waves).

sorry to necro this thread but since 7.32 ive not seen ONE holiday drop (etherian holiday,halloween,or pres royal) PERIOD on any game ....wtf is up with that?

also tavern rewards are garbage again... every pet is like 30 levels ...and the armor and weps are horrid

Since the survivalist achievement was released, I've completed the first 8 survivals in the campaign up to wave 25. Still have yet to see a halloween drop of any quality.