Changing Monk's Auras (3D Model)

The current model and effetcs for the Monk's auras are too big and uncomfortable.

The distorsion effect kills the framerate.
The fact that they're not completely transparent often impairs the visual of what's behind them.
Their size is also a quite big problem since they fill the screen.

In a normal game with few auras this is the situation:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Eseth/screenshot/630728788594606827/?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Eseth/screenshot/630728788594619056/?tab=public

So my proposal is to change them into something less "obstructive" and way lighter, like this:

(Done in Maya in a minute or so XD)

You could use either the Camera-Facing central piece for the Aura Type (pretty much like now) or you could put that animation over the external face of the triangules.

Fix'd

...if they re-work them..

Then we will no longer be able to sit in the middle of max-stacked auras, with both boosts runnning, while spamming ranged attacks...

..which, as we know, is a wonderful way of making people-with-low-end machines cry.

..at least, so a stranger in an ACTUAL TAVERN THAT SERVES ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES told me.

Agreed, i can run the game just fine UNTIL monks set up auras, and it murders the FPS. **** YEAH (i censored that, not the forum :P)

sorry if i'm bumping this again but I really want to play my monk and I actually can't XD

Agreed. Although I can still play, it kills the framerate on larger maps and completely obscures vision when anything happens. Stick a couple of auras in the same general area, add in something like a huntress with the ray gun exploding everywhere and good luck actually seeing what's attacking where and who's killing what.

Speaking of which, those ray gun explosions really don't help the frame rate or ability to see anything either. Not as drastic as the monk auras, but (vision especially) still noticeable when lots of stuff is happening.

I agree that the huge opaque bubbles suck. I understand that it's good to know the aura's boundaries, but you can't see through them. I dunno how many times I've gone head first into a fat pair of ogres because I didn't know they were there.

I like the aura effects, but the bubbles definitely need more transparency. Try finding the mini ogres in Halloween insane when there's big opaque bubbles all around you. :P

TBH, and no offence intended but have you considered upgrading your CPU and GPU?

I certainly have to upgrade my PC, but I need the upgrades in order to work with Hi-res meshes in ZBrush, have faster rendering times in Maya and better visuals in the Unreal Development Kit.

Surely not for a 10€ game that stops running smoothly as soon as monks starts putting down auras.

Also, the problem is not only with the Frame Rate drop, it's also with the clustering visuals, and there are many people sharing it.

TBH, and no offence intended, have you tryed making your brain work a little and think about other implications instead of simply coming here to say "Buy a new PC!"?

With patch 7.08 on its way, paving the path for simplified auras, the frame rate issues now have hope. Unfortunately, if it only affects low graphics settings, the higher graphics people will still have visibility issues. And depending on how the aura is simplified, low graphics people may still have visibility issues.

Allow me to demonstrate how things currently are...
Here we have a nice picture of a couple of guys going after our precious crystal:

Add some auras and... holy crap! Where did they go?

Yes, you can still somewhat see them. Barely. But now imagine that this isn't the starting wave. There are 100+ more enemies running around the map. Do you really have the time to be staring closely at this picture to determine whether or not there's something (like an ogre or 5) hiding right in plain sight in front of your face, when there are probably 10 more elsewhere on the map that require fatal stabbings?

If the simplified auras in 7.08 actually allow you to see things, it would be lovely if they were also allowed to be applied to high quality graphical settings instead of being restricted to low.

Is it just me or they added another effect on the auras? Past 7.08 I started noticing a "wave" emitted from the center of the auras similar to the monk's AoE buffs.

Also, it seems that the opacity change is intermittent.

If the simplified auras in 7.08 actually allow you to see things, it would be lovely if they were also allowed to be applied to high quality graphical settings instead of being restricted to low.

Yeah, it'd be cool to know where the setting is hidden.