Sign in to follow this  
SirSmash

[GUIDE] Foundries & Forges Mix-Mode - Easy Clear

Clears Mix-Mode very quickly and easily (tested duo AFK last night), nothing but Ogres and the odd stray Ninja even make it to the walls. Up to wave 20 the only repairs needed were Traps/Auras between waves. 20+ the walls get a scratch or two but nothing major. Wave 25 took roughly 6 minutes (almost half is waiting for Ogres at the end).

If you only care about the achievement just go HC, don't worry about mix-mode. I just prefer doing mix since I tend to get better reward pets and make a little more mana.

Build: http://ddplanner.com/?l=4710,foundries-and-forges-mix-mode-aura-trap-mage

Screenshot: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578955137277926525/C947A5EC8DDF3909379CAC253AE415CD64B77E8A/

dont sems like the fire towers are buffbeamed :/ unleess Im doing something wrong

Everything is buffed, the planner just likes to resize buff beams when you save for some reason. 5-DU buff beam from each side-wall to a fireball, and a 4-DU buff beam for the front.

posting some screens would help so much :)

gave this post 5 stars as it work even tho the fire towers are not buffed xD GJ

I don't think it would be manageable for a lower stat builder (anything far below 1k). I think you'd want at least 1k tower damage for each builder to be able to clear on NM HC. For Mix-mode you'd need to be maybe more like 1.5k.

Does it work if I replace the inferno with proximity traps?
Just to make the killing faster on ogres. It reaches 400k
when I use my tower boosts (w/ buff beam) on deeper well.

It would probably work, but the inferno's are worth the extra DU and the OMG ORANGE effects. They function better than proxies because they stay lit and dealing damage the entire time mobs are stuck in the gas trap. Proxies basically only fire when a gas trap cycles or an ogre stumbles across it so they don't deal as much actual damage throughout the course of a wave.

They also work really well in combination with the Lightning Auras (both serve the same purpose, nuke the Sharks & trash mobs stuck in the gas trap long before they get a chance to do anything). My aura range is 1.5k and even with a 3-star buff beam the Strength Drain only reaches halfway into the gas traps. Having the fire+lightning combo makes sure mobs immune to one type who aren't inside the Strength Drain still die quickly.

Also, Sharken in particular are much better handled with the Inferno / Lightining combo. When a gas trap cycles any Shark that was caught in it will be looking to turn the corner and charge your walls. Proxies do big damage but not enough to reliably take out the Sharken before they can charge, and they usually won't be triggered often enough to kill the Sharken while they're still stuck in the gas trap.

Well, with my builders of 450-500 stats I've reached wave 23 on mm mode, thanks for the guide!

Good to hear! Got any summoner stuff in there too? I'd even consider losing the walls and throwing some ogres in each lane, then use the extra DU for whatever you want to kill things with faster.