I know there isn't one as it stands, but it'd be nice to have the ability to pay or earn a reset on pets like the companion cube - I found out it's better to upgrade its attack rather than hero damage and I have no way to undo the damage that's been done. This is nothing but a gold sink as it requires more mana dropped on something you've already even spent on, so I can't see any really groundbreaking effects.

Please consider!

Agreed. I can see no harm in allowing a pet to be reset to "new" condition if all the mana invested is lost. All it does is require you to re-earn the levels for it in some manner.

The problem, as I understand it, is that for most pets the initial stats aren't stored, so there's no way to undo the leveling. For the companion cube, this isn't a problem since it has set stats, but for most of the others I think it is.

One interesting idea I just had would be that once a pet reached maximum level, you could then start leveling it down. You'd spend the same amount of mana to remove each point as it cost to gain that point (so going from 1-50 costs the same amount of mana as going back down from 50 to 1) and then once you hit level 1 again, you can start leveling it up again. But, you can remove the points from anywhere. So if you have ridiculous sums of mana to spend, you can slowly level a pet up, then, down, then up, then down enough times to alter the stat distribution on it (between any stats it starts with) to suit your liking. It would be insanely expensive, but it'd also allow you to effectively respec any pet, and fix pets that roll with *nearly* great stats, but -100 in a tower and +100 in a player stat where you really want it to be all tower stats, if you invest huge sums of mana to shift all those points from one to the other. And deleveling a stat would have to not allow you to go into negatives, so that there are some limits to it. It's not a perfect system, but it does allow some respeccing, and it does have limits in place that'd likely avoid it from becoming too powerful.

Agreed. I can see no harm in allowing a pet to be reset to "new" condition if all the mana invested is lost. All it does is require you to re-earn the levels for it in some manner.

The problem, as I understand it, is that for most pets the initial stats aren't stored, so there's no way to undo the leveling. For the companion cube, this isn't a problem since it has set stats, but for most of the others I think it is.

One interesting idea I just had would be that once a pet reached maximum level, you could then start leveling it down. You'd spend the same amount of mana to remove each point as it cost to gain that point (so going from 1-50 costs the same amount of mana as going back down from 50 to 1) and then once you hit level 1 again, you can start leveling it up again. But, you can remove the points from anywhere. So if you have ridiculous sums of mana to spend, you can slowly level a pet up, then, down, then up, then down enough times to alter the stat distribution on it (between any stats it starts with) to suit your liking. It would be insanely expensive, but it'd also allow you to effectively respec any pet, and fix pets that roll with *nearly* great stats, but -100 in a tower and +100 in a player stat where you really want it to be all tower stats, if you invest huge sums of mana to shift all those points from one to the other. And deleveling a stat would have to not allow you to go into negatives, so that there are some limits to it. It's not a perfect system, but it does allow some respeccing, and it does have limits in place that'd likely avoid it from becoming too powerful.

I would love for this. And the stat caps might make things difficult(maybe? I didnt have the chance to level up a trans pet yet). The only thing I'm concerned with is would we be able to remove points from negative stats (to make Hero HP go from -120, to -121) during the leveling down process.

Resetting stats on pets that are fixed. I am totally okay with. with the offering of stat respeccing your characters. we might as well be given the option to respec our pets.

I would love for this. And the stat caps might make things difficult(maybe? I didnt have the chance to level up a trans pet yet). The only thing I'm concerned with is would we be able to remove points from negative stats (to make Hero HP go from -120, to -121) during the leveling down process.

Resetting stats on pets that are fixed. I am totally okay with. with the offering of stat respeccing your characters. we might as well be given the option to respec our pets.

Well, like I said, they shouldn't be able to go into the negatives. That included (in my mind, but I do agree, I wasn't quite explicit on that and could've been clearer) not making negative stats lower still.

Basically, you could rearrange positive stats, or bring *up* negative stats, and it would require long periods of just raising, or just lowering, so that it wasn't a free card to just rearrange the stats how you want without planning and huge mana investment. It'd actually be a nice feature on every item. It'd leave us just a little bit less at the mercy of the RNG, while at the same time not just saying "this item has 853 points, spend them however you wish."

Also, I'd give my two big toes to understand how this game decides if an item is 'better' than one I have equipped. It seems to me the obvious way to do this is just add all the stats together, plus upgrade levels. This gives you the total stat points on an item, if they're more it's better. If they're less, it's not. I mean, there are more complex ways to do it, but it seems that as a minimum, items with lower stat totals should never count as better, but I'm pretty sure I've seen ones that do.