[SUGGESTION] Would you like to see increasing RNG on unopened chests?

I suggested this earlier, but wanted to make it into a poll.

Basically, the idea is this: for every wave that you don't open the chests they gain some sort of multiplier. The longer the chests are unopened, the bigger the multiplier gets and the better the loot from the chests could possibly be.

This would help out everyone, imo.

End game players could simply leave the chests unopened for the survival game, and at the end they'll open them and have a chance at something significantly better (or at least the best of the best) than they can normally get (rather than just hoping for something slightly better than what they have).

It would also help the players who aren't at that level yet. Maybe they can only make it to wave 10 - 15 on some of the maps. Well, doing this could give them a chance for items equivalent to what would drop in the later waves. So then they do it enough times, they actually get noticeably better gear and can legitimately make it to the later waves on their own.

Perhaps it could also give a chance of a higher prefix (i.e. leaving it unopened enough waves will give you a shot at a transcendent piece where you could only otherwise get mythic).

They could also add a simple counter to the chest, so then when you look at it says "x waves" (where x is the amount of waves it's been unopened.

maybe instead of increasing RNG, a less random of a number (say wave 25 the number is between -100 and 100), opening a chest that has been kept unopened from wave 10, will have the number generated as 50 to 100).

instead of having it potentially drop better gear than it should. it's chance of better drop should increase.

Yeah, but then there's not nearly as much of incentive or even a point to leave the chests unopened if they simply have a better chance of just dropping what they already do normally.

They'd have to be unopened from wave 1. Starting on a later wave in survival gives you so much mana you can often get by without opening one or two chests, and once you've gotten past wave 1 or 2 the mana from enemies is so much that the chests hardly matter, so the disadvantage of not opening a chest would only work right at the beginning. I'm just not sure it'd really work as the disadvantage it would seem to be.

They'd have to be unopened from wave 1. Starting on a later wave in survival gives you so much mana you can often get by without opening one or two chests, and once you've gotten past wave 1 or 2 the mana from enemies is so much that the chests hardly matter, so the disadvantage of not opening a chest would only work right at the beginning. I'm just not sure it'd really work as the disadvantage it would seem to be.

Well, if you lose during the wave then you don't get to open the chest and you get nothing. So if you're struggling with a survival map you kind of have to decide whether think if it's worth risking another wave.

It would also help progression, imo.

And also a chest that's unopened from wave 2 to 20 will have better multiplier than one that's unopened from wave 10 to 20. So it will also give another reason to actually start at the lower waves.

It gives you the potential for some really great stuff if you leave a chest unopened for waves 2 through the end.

That's the thing. It gives the potential for great stuff with almost no added risk. That doesn't sound like a very balanced idea.

It sounds like someone just saying "I want better loot."

If they were going to offer better stuff, it would need to increase the challenge on par with the loot improvement. That would be something like loot drops being better the further under the DU cap you were.

That's the thing. It gives the potential for great stuff with almost no added risk. That doesn't sound like a very balanced idea.

It sounds like someone just saying "I want better loot."

If they were going to offer better stuff, it would need to increase the challenge on par with the loot improvement. That would be something like loot drops being better the further under the DU cap you were.

It gives added time though. As now people would have to it through 10 more waves or so if they want a shot at the very best stuff.

And yes, it is designed to help progression too. It may seem pointless to people with 3k+ tower states, but for the newer players this will help them progress further.

As I said, think of the players that are struggling with nightmare survival on the easier maps. Maybe the can just make it to wave 10, they do this a few times and they can better gear from the chests that will maybe let them get to wave 15.

I don't see how this any worse than grinding for mana to go and buy better gear from player shops.

I don't have 3k tower stats. In fact, a friend and I beat OMF with builders wearing gear acquired solely from Spires Campaign (well, initially we failed on wave 10, then with the gear we earned, 11 and so on until we beat it), and I beat Magus Quarters survival (all 25 waves NMHC including being able to complete the final wave just fine with two people standing around literally doing nothing but increasing mob count and difficulty) with a Countess with no stat over 1k, an EV with no stat over 700, and a wall builder with 1400 in THP and that's it. A far cry from 3k stats. I got to wave 21 on NMHCMM Magus yesterday (to be fair, the Countess is now at 1.4k TATK and 1.1K TSPD for that run), and I'm pretty sure I could beat it if I played it just a little differently.

There may be problems with progression, but a large part of it is probably just not knowing where to go next, because the level order for progression is far from obvious. Making the loot easier to get with weird systems that basically give it away without increasing risk isn't going to solve the problem. Instead, if progression really is a problem, they just need to make loot drop on slightly earlier waves until it balances out so that the loot you acquire always allows you to get just a little bit further, to acquire a little more loot, to get a little bit further.

Basically, the current progression should be fixed, rather than adding in a system to bypass or replace it. Any new system should increase challenge for increased rewards on top of existing progression, rather than serve as an alternative because the current progression is broken. You should fix existing systems, not duct tape something on top of them.

. Making the loot easier to get with weird systems that basically give it away without increasing risk isn't going to solve the problem.

The current method for getting better loot though is basically find a map you can do and play them over and over until you get better gear. This would simply cut down on the number of times you have to replay maps.

The current method for getting better loot though is basically find a map you can do and play them over and over until you get better gear. This would simply cut down on the number of times you have to replay maps.

Again, so would simply improving the drop quality. Which, again, doesn't require some weird system.

I mean, it just seems like you're overcomplicating things. If the loot received isn't good enough, the solution is to make it better, not to leave it bad and come up with some weird way to hand out good loot.