* Sharkmen Tower Targeting priority now increased only when actually charging, not wh

* Sharkmen Tower Targeting priority now increased only when actually charging, not when winding up

Why??? Why would you do this? By this time it is too late to stop them...

If this is in response to people saying they've been nerfed into uselessness then please understand that they do still move stuff around and generally cause havoc... towers shooting at them while they are winding up means that a decent build that plans for them stops them MOST of the time, I just lost a deeper wells survival (lol) because a sharkman found a blind spot to "wind up" in and let the ogres through... by the time it was charging it was far too late for the towers to do anything.

This will now happen for EVERY sharkman that decides to attack the defences, regardless of how well thought-out said defences are, every time towers are distracted by the damage-soaks that are ogres any sharkman that approaches will have a free pass to let them through.

yea. i really dont understand this change..

theres no need for priotization in this case,.. as the only time it will save anyone is when they have low enough health to be killed during their charge.. which means only when the waves are already easy enough to kill them before they charge..

maybe if they make it so that their slowed during their charge by ensnares, or stopped by gas.. then this could be useful.. but other than that it seems like this is just getting rid of the priority implemented last patch.

It just seems in line with saying "Djin tower priority now only takes effect two-thirds of the way through the desummoning process"

Djinn already barely get target prioritized a lot of the time, I swear, it really gets under my skin.

This change is bad IMO, please don't change this. A sharken should definitely be targeted when it's charging up. There's no reason not to....

Now Sharken won't just be another trash mob like Orcs or Goblins, which was the point when they were released. Hopefully this will make them atleast a little interesting again. Good job, Trendy!

Now Sharken won't just be another trash mob like Orcs or Goblins, which was the point when they were released. Hopefully this will make them atleast a little interesting again. Good job, Trendy!

This.

They never have been a trash mob, even without this change they are more of a threat than djin...

Horrible change. Sharken are an instant loss if they get a charge off. Making the targeting priority only kick in during that three second window between when they start charging and when they screw you over makes the priority worthless.

They never have been a trash mob, even without this change they are more of a threat than djin...

Agreed. This change is bad. It's just like saying Djinn are prioritized when they're almost done casting. Seriously now. Sharken do their damage charging, and Harpoons can be distracted by other things like Wyverns, Ogres, desummoning Djinn, and other mobs infront of the Sharken while it's winding up. Towers have a hard enough time killing fast moving mobs.

It's better to not make this change. :|

Priority should be: Desummoning Djinn > Sharken > other stuff.

Eh, Sharken > Desummoning Djinn > OTher stuff, IMO. Sharken do far more damage.

Eh pointless now to have any priority on them at all with the change. If they are even remotely in the middle of charging, you already lost as their move speed while charging is extremely quick (I doubt a tower will be able to track them). And a tower isn't going to attack a sharken as it comes into LOS. Usually an Ogre is already the closest target so all harpoons will track them and leave the full health sharken alone. Dumb change.

I didn't pitch in because I felt this was a bad change, BUT I hadn't tried it the other way yet to know before. Sharken don't have THAT much health, and depending on how far away they start their charge and how fast it is, they might be quite killable during the charge.

It'd have been nice to try it out before making final judgment. That being said, I'm perfectly happy with the way things are right now.

What does happen when both a djinn is desummoning and a sharken is winding up? Who does the towers target first currently?

Winding/Charging Sharken is slightly higher tower targeting priority constant, but distance is always a factor as well.

-Jer

I'm fine with this change, I've had a sharken die while charging right in front of my barrier. The harpoon turned to shoot it as it was charging and killed it before it hit my barrier.

I had an ensnare aura down at the time so I don't know if that actually slows their charge speed or not. If so then the slow aura is what saved my defenses.

Which means they served their intended purpose in my opinion since I had to change up my strategy just for them.

i definitely prefer the tower to hit a sharken charging up over a djinn aiming to desummon since i could activate gas which i mainly use to counter djinn

Jer, I'm not sure it went in with this patch, but the towers seem to be not targeting the sharken while they are winding up, me and a friend of mine were duoing Aquanos, and before 7.31, we were cruising along getting out waves ticked off, getting close to the pet wave, My internet D/C'd and I restarted everything, found that the patch started downloading, so we both download it, and sharken are tearing through just about EVERYTHING, we can't even finish a wave past 15 now :/

In 7.30d, I had 2 harpoons preoccupied with a desummining djinn let a sharken charge thru my EV wall. The djinn was definitely closer to the poons than the sharken.

But, the thing that i really cant stand is that the charging sharken killed my 83,761 hp EV in one shot (wave 22 ES NM). I can't even fix the damage when I'm dead. At least give me a fighting chance, Trendy. With my poons intact and EV's decoy, I could have had a chance to recover. Plus, it would have been fun to at least try. But, no. You had to break the golden rule of gaming and one shot a player.

Only true way to counter Sharken is to keep your main wall builder in the game so that it can sell and quickly rebuild any nudge walls. If nothing can stop a Sharken charge then idk what else you can do to counter it. At least higher tower priority can counter a Sharken charge by proxy, remove that and I honestly dont know what Im supposed to use/do to stop them.

personally, id like to see a combination of both. if there are no djinn desummoing around, but a sharken charging up, i think priority should kick in, but i also think that if there is a djinn that is there who is desummoning and a sharken is actually charging, they should receive priority.

A djinn desummoning can be hard countered by a gas trap, it can be interrupted by doing enough damage, it can be stunned(or so the patch notes say) by barb lightning stance. A charging Sharken cannot be stopped by anything and so absolute priority must be given to Sharken charges.