Insane Aquaonus Survival

Woot, cleared all 30 waves! Few questions though;

1) Seahorses in my case usually range from 50~225 upgrades with some +200~250 (and of course negatives) yet when I get my Giraffes, they're ALWAYS 50~80 in all stats. Why do giraffes suck so bad yet are harder to get?

2) Beating Aqua Survival makes the Boss Cinematic movie comes up. Lol??

For those who are curious about my setup;
http://ddplanner.com/?l=4443,insane-survival-setup-30-waves
Clearly, the layout doesn't show very exact locations, but it is roughly how it looks. At request, I can re-do a run and take screenshots.

I had zero issues with Sharkens until Wave 27, when one of them moved around my harpoons at topleft. Nothing I couldn't fix during next build phase. 28-30, they didn't touch anything. Random and tends to occur when Harpoons are distracted by Ogres.
Every single harpoon and aura is buffed by EV buff beams; all at 4 DUs each. This, however, does not include the one Physical Beam.

You don't need a DPS, you don't need your active builders. With my setup, you can easily AFK all the way to 30.

Aura Initiate Stats: 921-982-984-709
Countess Stats: 1173-1309-876-829
EV Stats: 1122-1166-1040-907 (Not required, as ev buff beams scale horribly, plus the one Physical Beam barely get attacked)

If I can ever beat NM Kraken, I'll be attempting a very similar setup for NM.
:fyvern:

whats killing the wyvern (fish guys) that come from behind at the top crystal? auras?

Huh, I see a few open pathways to the crystals. Am I correct in assuming that the defenses either attract enemies or finish them off before they can even venture down those pathways? Also, do you not need to worry about Fish Wyverns going towards the southernmost crystal?

I may give this build a go myself to see how well it plays out.

for me the wyvern fish that come out of the east door (east when looking at your map) do a 180 fly up and straight for the crystal behind them. so i have to spend quite a few DUs to get them before they get the crystal.

Ensnare/Electric/Str Drain murders those wyverns (and do in most every map on every difficulty, works on NM to just do that triple aura there through wave 30.) With the ensnare there, those wyverns get clogged up so hard and with no resistances, they'll get taken down by the electric aura before they get anywhere.

whats killing the wyvern (fish guys) that come from behind at the top crystal? auras?

East spawn or West spawn? Auras are killing the majority (if not all) of them, both directions. Never once has a fish escaped the SEE combo.

Huh, I see a few open pathways to the crystals. Am I correct in assuming that the defenses either attract enemies or finish them off before they can even venture down those pathways? Also, do you not need to worry about Fish Wyverns going towards the southernmost crystal?

I may give this build a go myself to see how well it plays out.

There are no open pathways. Can you point them out? Every single pathway is covered by the auras. Auras does 95% of my work. The only reason I even have harpoons are to prevent Ogres from going anywhere.

How are the gear drops on insane survival? I haven't been able to down the boss on nm yet and am wondering if insane is worth it.

Sure. These are the paths I'm concerned about:

http://i.imgur.com/BfjGx.png

The top one is my primary concern. I've seen plenty of enemies follow that path. I understand that the auras will slow them down, but my experiences have also shown me that Wave 20+ enemies move quite fast, so it seems plausible to me that some may sneak by.

The bottom left one is a big stretch, and I'm really not thinking it's something the AI would do.

The blue is for wyverns. I can see Sharken or Ogres taking all harpoons' focus for a split second, allowing a single wyvern through. Does this not happen?

All of these points may just be due to me not having your stats just yet. I have a similar monk (perhaps less range, though), but my Squire thus far is only around 500/700/400/700. I s'ppose I should try and make an armor set for him that doesn't max out resists, though, as I have a couple of other builders around 600/1100/500/800 or so.

Auras slow them down, take away their immunities, AND get electroced to death. Wyverns will not survive the SEE combo at all. They don't even make it onto the map before dying.

The other two ground paths you're concerned about, auras cover them both. Really. SEE is one of the deadliest 13-DU setup you can possibly come up with.

I tested this in NM Campaign, and it worked perfectly too. Dealing with the boss, however, is a whole another issue.

I don't think giraffe are rolling properly in Nightmare hc aquanos, so i wouldn't be shocked if insane has the same issue. My sample size is way to small at the moment (3), but none of them look even close to a good or bad giraffe from misty nm hc. The stats didn't seem to be going as far + or as far down as i would expect no stat on any of them in 300 range.