You Have Been Forcibly Removed

I hate it when I host a public game and people don't read my game's title: if I put up 'Casual Game' and you join my medium, deeper well campaign game with your level 70+ whatever with 1k+ stats; chances are, I'm going to kick you.

I can attest to the fact that whether I've made a game public or private, after I click that hide button I cannot invite or have friends choose to join my game from Steam. Every time I get asked "Did you just kick me?"

While I have experienced that in the past. I have been able to join friends after they have marks as hidden.

Private games can always be joined by friends as long u dont hide the private game, but becaus private games are already not listed in the server list there is only one reason to do that, if you realy want to play alone so even people on your fl cant join.

And if you want to play with an friend and 2 randoms, u most certainly wont name your game dont join or kick... thats just plain stupid, private game and done heck u dont even have to write a game name time saved ;) and u got what u wanted.

And if you make a public game and hide this, the game is only moved to private mode people from fl in steam can still join. A public game cant be fully closed that can only be done with an private game.

There is no logical reason to kick in a public game unless its becaus of misbehavior, heck u can even set what level is allowed to join. So why are there still people who open game called dont join or kick, trendy has provided all the tools we need to make our games as private as we want...

I kind of see it this way....for many people Dungeon Defenders basically is no longer game or for having fun but rather just grinding & loot farming almost to the point where it's become a part time job (that they don't get paid for). You basically interrupted these people at work and that's why they kicked you.

i hate these people they host public and instant kick you before you even get to spawn. honestly these guys are just trolls wanting to kick people for the fun of it

No, you do spawn on their side before you spawn on your computer. So they have all the time in the world to look at your stats before you spawn. I am guessing you have low stats and your trying to join a game your not up to doing with your stats. If you have low stats, don't even try to join a high end Survival Game... it will save you a lot of kicks.

Low Stats most times means you have low resists and will instant die to anything that hits you. I guarantee you that if your resists are not good you will get instant kicked very often. People look at your resists first, then look at your stats probably, then if those are good enough they will look for or ask you if you have a Apprentice Guardian.. If you don't have that you could be kicked as well.

If you don't have these basic things your only wasting other peoples time by trying to join.

No, you do spawn on their side before you spawn on your computer. So they have all the time in the world to look at your stats before you spawn. I am guessing you have low stats and your trying to join a game your not up to doing with your stats. If you have low stats, don't even try to join a high end Survival Game... it will save you a lot of kicks.

Low Stats most times means you have low resists and will instant die to anything that hits you. I guarantee you that if your resists are not good you will get instant kicked very often. People look at your resists first, then look at your stats probably, then if those are good enough they will look for or ask you if you have a Apprentice Guardian.. If you don't have that you could be kicked as well.

If you don't have these basic things your only wasting other peoples time by trying to join.

i dont have low stats or low resists i have alot of high end stuff i also farm alot of survival myself and reach high waves even on dlc maps that not the issue there some guys who just kick for the fun of it and host public for no reason

i dont have low stats or low resists i have alot of high end stuff i also farm alot of survival myself and reach high waves even on dlc maps that not the issue there some guys who just kick for the fun of it and host public for no reason

I see... but there really is no good solution for this type of an issue except perhaps running your own games so your in control. I haven't seen this type of thing happen myself. I have been instant kicked before I spawn from a few games even with good gear/stats but just assumed they were wanting a friend in.

Yes and no: I'm sure someone enjoys kicking for no reason; but three good reasons have been mentioned: you don't have a character and/or stats the group needs (particularly in insane/nm due to the build timer), the host is trying to let a dropped player have a chance to rejoin (especially if they aren't steam friends$, and you didn't read the game title/level/difficulty (I don't need a level 78 squire if I'm playing anything on medium).

Oh, and another good reason to boot immediately: I remember that player being abnoxious in past games and I don't want to deal with them. Can result in multiple boots as they keep clicking quick play and hitting my server again and again.