Sign in to follow this  
Kill Kayt

You Have Been Forcibly Removed

I really getting sick of seeing this message before the game even loads.. If you want to play by yourselves make your ****ing game PRIVATE! That's what the option is there for. You can also invite your friends into private games...

I agree. The people who make Public games and have the name like, "Join and you will be kicked" and/or just kick everyone out of the game constantly are annoying and deserve to get a kick in the face :D! Just ignore them like I do haha. Some of them kick because of the level though, stats, so on. Some people take this game to seriously.

I can understand kicking due to stats or level... but you don't have time to check that int he middle of a wave.. and I haven't even joined yet... They just insta kick....

This is why i love to solo.
But trendys making it harder and harder to solo nowadays.

It's pretty simple really. If the host kicks you because you're low level, geared, etc, then that's the reason. If he kicks you before he even realized what class you are, then that's because he simply doesn't want anyone new to join. Maybe he's hosted a normal game and unhid it to let a friend join.
I don't know about you, and I don't really care what you think about it, but when I end up in that situation as host, I never explain to people why I kick them.

There should be an option to make the game private. Not just open/hide it. It would prevent most of the kick-before-join situations I think. For me these kicks aren't that annoying though...you don't lose any time. Maybe a few seconds.

Far worse is when the host takes in 3 players on a survival w19+ map to get quick upgrades and then kicks everyone when the wave is complete. I've experienced it a few tiems lately...

There should be an option to make the game private. Not just open/hide it. It would prevent most of the kick-before-join situations I think. For me these kicks aren't that annoying though...you don't lose any time. Maybe a few seconds.

Far worse is when the host takes in 3 players on a survival w19+ map to get quick upgrades and then kicks everyone when the wave is complete. I've experienced it a few tiems lately...

Dayum man, that's genius! Why haven't I thought of that? :o

Edit: That goes for both your statements ;)

There is an option to host a private game. People just tend not to use it cause they are too lazy to move the mouse down and click that button.

There is an option to host a private game. People just tend not to use it cause they are too lazy to move the mouse down and click that button.

What he means is that there should be an option ingame to change from open to private, instead of changing it to hidden so nobody can join. I some times end up in that situation if for instance I'm running my shop then decide to do a surv and then a friend asks to join. I usually use the private game button though.

I can understand kicking due to stats or level... but you don't have time to check that int he middle of a wave.. and I haven't even joined yet... They just insta kick....

Do you think by chance that your computer is slow and that they are already looking at your stats before you, yourself, even see yourself in game. I know my girlfriend's computer/account will join the game where I can see her stats but her computer takes an additional 20-30 seconds for her to see that she is in the game.

Or perhaps they had someone in the game all this time that is trying to get back into the game after losing connection.

There are many reasons that your not considering....

Bottom line... Make your own games and Build Yourself... People will join you and when they make your games impossible to play because they don't have the stats or your not powerful enough to carry them through the game you will understand others a lot more as well.

Or they're trying to have their friend come in, and you're just ****blocking them.

this is why private invites should trump hidden games; if possible...

Do you think by chance that your computer is slow and that they are already looking at your stats before you, yourself, even see yourself in game. I know my girlfriend's computer/account will join the game where I can see her stats but her computer takes an additional 20-30 seconds for her to see that she is in the game.

Or perhaps they had someone in the game all this time that is trying to get back into the game after losing connection.

There are many reasons that your not considering....

Bottom line... Make your own games and Build Yourself... People will join you and when they make your games impossible to play because they don't have the stats or your not powerful enough to carry them through the game you will understand others a lot more as well.

Bold'd the part I wanted to quote mostly. I cannot stress this enough to people complaining about the kicking.

Bold'd the part I wanted to quote mostly. I cannot stress this enough to people complaining about the kicking.

But but if everyone host then there will be no one else to join any of the hosted games? IF no one is available to join because everyone is hosting are we not then playing solo?

Logic aside, improvement could be made to alleviate the frustration. Some of the collected suggestion and adding some of my own:

- Allowing a game to turn to private so only friend can join is a good idea. Eliminate the need to unhide a match and mass kick everyone trying to join but your friend.
- If you KNOW your going to only allow friend, do Private. (Above option would help for people that forget).
- System need improvement for dropping friends. The spot should be reserved for a few minutes to allow only the player the dropped to rejoin. With that spot reserve the game would not be available for anyone else to join. On a side note, while doing so he/she should be allowed to rejoin in combat knowing there were already there.
- We should have quick message attach to the Kick function. So you can only kick by giving a quick reasons such as: 'Sorry, waiting for a friend', 'Your under geared for my match', 'I forgot to set level restriction, your too low', 'Played with you before, you sux'. (Okay maybe not the last one. :) But maybe 5-6 reason that the host click as the kicking process. It would be slightly reduce hurting anyone's feeling when getting rejected.
- Another options for desired minimum stats level in addition to character level could help host too. Something like minimum tower and/or hero stats.
- Another option for hosting would be desired class 3 way toggle. Such as not allowed, allowed, 1 allowed. So you could pre-set if you want monk or not and if so if you only want 1. Once one fill that position only the other allowed type can get thru.

I can think of at least 3 more options for hosting matches that would allow host to set specific match and for people to find those that fit them. In short, more hosting options would allow people to specify what they are up while telling the people wanting to join what it is. If they qualify they can get in, if not the match is inaccessible and no disruption for the host and no hard feeling for the person kicked out.

That said, when personally hosting I leverage the minimum level requirement and if open I will try to make do with anyone joining. That is a challenge in itself and I may learn or teach someone something. In case where I really need to kick due to behaviour or unforseen reasons I try to write it up but having quick kick message would help. However, I would like to have extra options would even help me try more variation of game play while still not having to kick anyone.

This is why i love to solo.
But trendys making it harder and harder to solo nowadays.

Same. So hard to solo now- a-days. Gotta be fast in building and have at least moderate stats. It's annoying to see games with join=kick

People think Private means solo / single player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or they're trying to have their friend come in, and you're just ****blocking them.

If their friend knows to join their game they can just set it to hidden/private and the friend can use Steam to join.. I do it all the time. Right Click > Join Game.

If their friend knows to join their game they can just set it to hidden/private and the friend can use Steam to join.. I do it all the time. Right Click > Join Game.

Except if there are 2 friends in a public game with 2 other random players that joined and the one friend looses connection and needs to get back in.. how does that work? Can only kick people until friend gets in.. you can't invite a friend to a hidden game.. Another issue that needs fixed.

Ability to:
- Change game type from public to private and back would be awesome
- Ability to invite friends to a hidden game would also be awesome.

you can't invite a friend to a hidden game.. Another issue that needs fixed.

While no. for some reason you can't invite your friend to a game if you start it normal and then hide it. If you start it hidden (private) you can invite them. However, even if you start it normal and then make it hidden your friend can still Steam Join you.

No. Hidden games cannot be joined by anyone at any time. Even sending invites to your friends will make them get the "you have been banned" message.

And what if I want 4 players with one friend? Two randoms and a friend.

No. Hidden games cannot be joined by anyone at any time. Even sending invites to your friends will make them get the "you have been banned" message.

And what if I want 4 players with one friend? Two randoms and a friend.

This This This.

Stop crying about things you don't fully understand.

I don't mind getting kicked right after I join; it simply means I didn't have the character the host was looking for. Just find a different game.

I DO however mind staying about 10 waves in MM NM HC, then the host kicking everyone when there's about 10 enemies left in wave 14 (thus missing out on the pet). That made my blood boil for a bit.

However, even if you start it normal and then make it hidden your friend can still Steam Join you.

I can attest to the fact that whether I've made a game public or private, after I click that hide button I cannot invite or have friends choose to join my game from Steam. Every time I get asked "Did you just kick me?"

i hate these people they host public and instant kick you before you even get to spawn. honestly these guys are just trolls wanting to kick people for the fun of it