For the love of god Trendy NERF THE BLOODY KRAKEN

This is just retarded sorry.
INSIDE a strengtdrain this sucker can oneshot heroes with 100k life and 90% general resist with the bubble. His aiming missiles constantly do damage that you can maybe dodge 1 out of 5 times.
HOW THE HELL SHOULD WE FIGHT THIS?

Just for your information, your playerbase does not consist soley out of 3000 hero health & damage chars. Thats maybe 1% of players.
Half these stats is considered to be decently geared for all other purposes but this piece of **** eats that for breakfast while fighting in a tower buffed strengthdrain / heal combo. Neither the Queen nor the Genieking do half that damage, this guy is just way out of line.

get 1/2 squire blocking. Then 2/3 Monks with hero boost and monkey

If you make it this way on NM hc and can proof it with a video of the full fight I will give you 2 200m token, and I wanna see all stats.

If you make it this way on NM hc and can proof it with a video of the full fight I will give you 2 200m token, and I wanna see all stats.

I've already done it lol- and not HC. Why do it HC when there's no added benefit apart from reward weps?

And hero stats on most chars were 1-2k nothing special.

I found the spiderqueen much more annoying than the kraken. I have better stats now but at least he doesn't spawn inside your base and targets towers specifically. If you move out of the base he always follow....without destroying your base.

Myself I killed him with a 2300hp 1300dmg barb with a good dps pet. A blocking squire and a few monks should make it a very easy kill. Especially if you don't play hc.

HC, because if you cannot beat a boss on NM hc he is defenitly not balanced well.

Why hc?And whats your stats?Maybe its not possible with yours, but thats not the problem of the kraken,its your problem

HC, because if you cannot beat a boss on NM hc he is defenitly not balanced well.

so basically you can't beat him non HC so use the fact I can't beat it HC as an excuse?

Ah so your proposed tactic consists of what? Getting a squire with a 100% block weapon and a DPS monkey and stand there for half an hour blocking?

Yeah that might work.

THAT IS ALSO COMPLETLY ****ING NUTS.

Thats NOT a fun or challenging mechanic, thats abusing the game system.

The king had a fun mechanic to fight him. The queen had a slighlty less fun mechanic but you could exploit her slow turning speed and run circles around her. The kraken has none of this. Undodgable attacks that kill 100k life (ofx with 90% general resist) in 3 bursts (missiles) or oneshot them straight (this wobly sphere thingy) INSIDE a strengt drain aura isnt a challenging mechanic. It's just fake difficulty by ramping up the monsterdamage real high and only leads to frustration.

And dont even get me started on progression. If we assume a linear progression path during campaign you can maybe get to 1100/1200 health & damage by farming NM HC Aqua and that doesnt put you anywhere close to the stats needed to defeat the boss.

Ah so your proposed tactic consists of what? Getting a squire with a 100% block weapon and a DPS monkey and stand there for half an hour blocking?

Yeah that might work.

THAT IS ALSO COMPLETLY ****ING NUTS.

Thats NOT a fun or challenging mechanic, thats abusing the game system.

The king had a fun mechanic to fight him. The queen had a slighlty less fun mechanic but you could exploit her slow turning speed and run circles around her. The kraken has none of this. Undodgable attacks that kill 100k life (ofx with 90% general resist) in 3 bursts (missiles) or oneshot them straight (this wobly sphere thingy) INSIDE a strengt drain aura isnt a challenging mechanic. It's just fake difficulty by ramping up the monsterdamage real high and only leads to frustration.

And dont even get me started on progression. If we assume a linear progression path during campaign you can maybe get to 1100/1200 health & damage by farming NM HC Aqua and that doesnt put you anywhere close to the stats needed to defeat the boss.

it took 10 minutes. and 1100/1200 is enough if you spend more time on the level and less time complaining.

yes it's a very hard boss but I wouldn't say it's broken

Don't nerf him, he should be hard. Like when spider queen was released.

Run in circles around him, use portals, heal, return attack him, heal repeat.

Ok, this is realy ****ed up.

I just duoed him with a friend of mine on non hc. I managed to do so without dieing but my friend bit the grass about half a dozen times (on his barb, and he only came to actually damage the boss) , so i still dont see how this is possible on HC BECAUSE DURING THE ENTIRE FIGHT I DID NOTHING BUT STAND THERE AND HOLD BLOCK INSIDE A HEAL AURA WITH A TOWER BUFF BEAM.

THIS IS NOT AN INTERESTING OR FUN MECHANIC, ITS JUST INCREDIBLY DUMB AND BORING

The only thing proven now is that my monkey does damage and that i can press my right mouse button for half an hour. During that time you only sit there and watch your monkey take away 300k chunks of the krakens tentacle health then call for your friend once he exposes the shard and even then you are at constant risk of being killed even with a barb. So the best tactic is to just stand there blocking and let your pet do all the work. And thats just pants on head retarded.

because when you do it properly or with what is available, the boss is rather easy. i killed it on hardcore solo as a monk.. a few times. also duo which was even easier.

hit him in the back till tents are gone, hit him in the face till he shuts his mouth. how to do it solo? Lots of circles and running back and forth.

Don't like the mechanics of the fight? [URL="http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?58141-GUIDE-How-to-kill-the-big-fish&p=451189&viewfull=1[[1393,hashtags]]"] Abuse the mechanics of the map.
[/URL]

Don't like the mechanics of the fight? [URL="http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?58141-GUIDE-How-to-kill-the-big-fish&p=451189&viewfull=1[[1393,hashtags]]"] Abuse the mechanics of the map.
[/URL]

Don't have a sniper pet? ... Then you have problems. Pet range on most dps familiars is not sufficient to avoid damage completely like you can with a monkey, and as stated, one-shots are really not all that unusual if you're forced to get close to deal damage.

I wish responses to general map-difficulty complains didn't consist of "well get on your dps/boost monk with a megachicken/monkey you noob." Alas, there's only two camps after this patch, it seems: those with dps monks and monkey pets, and those without. Interesting how systematically, almost all of the latter have a hard time with the new content.

Don't have a sniper pet? ... Then you have problems. Pet range on most dps familiars is not sufficient to avoid damage completely like you can with a monkey, and as stated, one-shots are really not all that unusual if you're forced to get close to deal damage.

I wish responses to general map-difficulty complains didn't consist of "well get on your dps/boost monk with a megachicken/monkey you noob." Alas, there's only two camps after this patch, it seems: those with dps monks and monkey pets, and those without. Interesting how systematically, almost all of the latter have a hard time with the new content.

Just to prove you wrong, I'll do the same thing with a griffon. You actually WANT to be close to the boss. Get into melee, duck out, he wont hit you. Stops him from using the projectile attacks as well.

Also, it's not like it's hard to get a monkey...

Just to prove you wrong, I'll do the same thing with a griffon. You actually WANT to be close to the boss. Get into melee, duck out, he wont hit you. Stops him from using the projectile attacks as well.

Also, it's not like it's hard to get a monkey...

I've finished aquanos twice: once solo with a serpent pet, and a second time in a group where two players had monkeys. The solo run was nigh-impossible to accomplish without dying, the second was an easy one-shot.

Not like it's hard to get a monkey? So monkeys really are the key to trivializing content? Is that the message? I'm not criticizing your success, but I am criticizing the disparity between failing miserably on a full-trans dps barb, succeeding sloppily on a mediocre-stat monk, and breezing through it with a monkey.

Playing any map on hardcore requires that you're well geared. As you move up the chain (from demon lord to kraken) you'll need considerably better gear.
Nightmare is end-game. It's supposed to be a challenge. Hardcore even more so. Just as you (mostly) can't solo any map in nightmare with a single class's towers, you also can't expect to go to the Kraken party (or really any boss party) underequipped. You need a high DPS pet, and the help of a someone to boost you as much as possible.

Asking why you can't kill an airborne creature with a melee character is basically the same as demanding hunters or EVs get anti air, or monks should have walls.
Not every class can finish every map solo. That's the way it is, and it's not a bad state of affairs. If you want to be able to take the Kraken on nightmare hardcore, I don't think it's unreasonable that you should be geared up appropriately. And if you are geared up, you should be able to do Karathiki (or Aquanos/morrago if you don't want to buy the jungle pack) insane to wave 15 a few times to farm a decent pet.

This is especially true if you want to solo, and can't find a friend to help out.

As for avoiding damage, I have 90% resists and 140k health. Sitting in a boosted strength drain aura and running around shooting caused me to never drop below 50k health. At which point I'd hide around a corner and heal. High casting is also pretty essential.

So, yes, it's tough. But it's possible. And if you want to play endgame content, spend less time whining about not being able to finish it with mid-game gear, and more time farming for better equipment.

i have 99k hp on my app on nm and 90% resists to all stats and kraken never 1 hit me, luckily can heal at superspeed to keep myself alive :P its a powerful monster but only reason to really kill it is for unlocking survival, so just do it without hardcore the first time then if you really feel the need go back when your better geared and try hc lol found the fight fun assuming at least 3/4 members r dps based.

As for avoiding damage, I have 90% resists and 140k health. Sitting in a boosted strength drain aura and running around shooting caused me to never drop below 50k health. At which point I'd hide around a corner and heal. High casting is also pretty essential.

So, yes, it's tough. But it's possible. And if you want to play endgame content, spend less time whining about not being able to finish it with mid-game gear, and more time farming for better equipment.

As far as I can tell, unless 30c or 30d changed how towers affect the boss, str drain had no effect on the bosses dmg output. Basically it didn't affect him at all.

First I just want to say, I've beat it on NM but not NM HC.

In my opinion, one of two things need to happen with Kraken. Either knock down his strength a bit mainly because my crazy awesome Barb shouldn't be almost getting 1 shot in turtle stance(unless that was multiple attacks and didn't notice because of all that was going on) or have something in the stage that weakens him for a short time. Because as the loading screen says. Every boss has a weakness, yet knocking tentacles is not a weakness, its a challenge just to damage the boss.

The only other issue I have is the water flooding. Why can't we empty like the challenge? Open the portal so we can drain it after it gets so high, heck I don't care if we have to do the puzzle for that to drain it. It just needs to be drainable, because if we are in for a long fight and the water is max, it get's quite annoying.

That's just my thoughts.

As far as I can tell, unless 30c or 30d changed how towers affect the boss, str drain had no effect on the bosses dmg output. Basically it didn't affect him at all.
Well, then he's even less of a challenge if he's only doing 30k per hit at full strength.