You know you're getting kicked when....

I host alot of surv public games to help ppl get into the game, and for the most part ill let ppl stay in if they even have a chance to stay alive in the content im doing. But my biggest thing is when ppl dont say hi or figgen talk or anything. I 100% agree with ur post but being a bit social goes a long way in my book.

~Maka

This.

And please all, stop with the specifics or debate about monk. The subject is not "I should not be kicked because i'm too OP and people don't see it", witch is or isn't true, i don't fre*king care, but to understand why you get kicked sometimes, especially if you're new to the game and still don't understand everything.

Respect the work and time Cremate put in this post.

For me, I would say :
You know you're getting kicked when you replace the host's towers in survival by yours without asking.
Even if you have better towers, better ideas for the global layout, it's always a subject to discuss before rushing into it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know you are getting kicked when...

... you do not host your own game.

Host is always right. Period. Their game, their rules.

Escept if the host is an a******

For me, I would say :
You know you're getting kicked when you replace the host's towers in survival by yours without asking.
Even if you have better towers, better ideas for the global layout, it's always a subject to discuss before rushing into it.

Agreed however i've joined to see that time was running out and started putting up towers, however i let the host know to please sell them after the wave is over if they are not needed. Basically just help however you can.

You know you're getting kicked when you're not even wearing ANY equipment at level 70. I don't care if you're waiting to put on mythicals, at least put some equipment on before then! I have seen at least a few people in other people's rooms(mainly glitter insane hardcore grinds) that don't have any armor. All they're doing is leeching off your hard work. I haven't found any while I host, but I will kick if I see anyone in my rooms like that.

Also: You know you're getting kicked when you join someone's room where the host is level 60+ and they're doing something like hard or insane summit or glitterheim, and you're level 0 or 1. I cannot stress how much I hate this. I've told people who did this: "I'm not powerleveling you. If you don't have a higher character, I'm kicking." Or something similar to that. I don't like to powerlevel newbies. I don't mind as much if you join on a higher level character and contribute to the build or something, but if you don't have any way of contributing at first or are new, I'm not helping. One of my biggest pet peeves is someone expecting me to power level them when they joined MY room on a low level character.

EDIT: I also agree with guizmus. I had that happen earlier today, actually. I was doing survival endless spires, and some countess with lower stats than mine started replacing my bouncers and bowling balls on the side with double slice n dices. One on top of the stairs, one on the bottom. I didn't care at first, we were doing fine at that time, but before I kicked them(Or they left, I forget) they went on a level 1 barbarian and then at one point sold my other bouncer(On the other side that I didn't let them touch) and didn't replace it. I think I DID kick them, because they were level one and didn't apologize(or speak for that matter) for selling my defenses.

Sticky! rofl

Yes, I voted for my own sticky w/e. I didnt expect so many people to agree, but apparently this is a good read for those new to the game.

You know you're being kicked when...
During first battle phase, you start building your defenses at a completely different choke point, away from the rest of the main defenses. And then, after the host is nice enough to ask you to build closer to their defenses, say, "lul y?"

You know you're getting kicked/host ragequit when you join PVP and get high score on Hall of Heroes or Hold the Flag as DPS Apprentice.

Most people that require gaurdians, will put it in the title. And if its in the title, yet you zone in without one equipped, thats YOUR fault. It's unreasonable to quickly host your own tavern, swap to the right toon and pet, then join their game? But it's not unreasonable to make 3 other players wait on you to zone in, hit the forge and swap toons and pets? Funny. Just like you are thinking... "all they had to do was let me get to the forge and switch".... they are thinking..."All he had to do was switch before he came in".

But if you kick a player without allowing him/her to switch are you not causing more waiting time for your team to get another player? The time it takes to go to forge (correct me if I am wrong but we do spawn next to it when joining), hit swap character or go items and select another pet would be much less than kicking and perhaps waiting for another candidate.

Sticky! rofl

Yes, I voted for my own sticky w/e. I didnt expect so many people to agree, but apparently this is a good read for those new to the game.

Although I personally have more leniency, you do have good informative point especially for newer player that may not know. Unfortunately, as it is often the case in gaming, the people will less experience are not here yet to read that. Once they get the experience, or perhaps get frustrated with the kicking, they come into the forums and post a complain message about it.

Perhaps sticky is a good ideas and merge it with other similar threads. Even though not everyone agree with everything, it still gives an insight of what to expect and that is information any player should use to adapt.

But if you kick a player without allowing him/her to switch are you not causing more waiting time for your team to get another player?

No, you just hit G if you want to go. The number of mobs is decreased or increased dependant upon number of members... so there is just as much benefit to running with 3... as opposed to 4. Unless you need someone in particular to cover a check point... which most maps dont require more than 2-3 people.

Agreed 110%, my main pet peev is when I'm running around upgrading and i hear the looting noise like 6-7 times quite fast, I KNOW you are looting for cash because I press the shift key every 10 seconds or so, I know if you are looting or clearing looking for that acc that's there, and if you are only looting for cash, I will kick you without warning.

Also as said above, of you die in my match right at the start of the wave in HC, I will assume you are just there to be lazy and get free mana with 0 effort.

I will add, you will be /ingored (i know it dont work but get the idea) if I'm running glitter surv for some cash and to help a randoms with leveling and you join all fine and dandy, this does not invite you to spam me ever 20 minutes from that point onward on steam with "plvl me/my alt I'm too lazy/I dont want too/my gear isnt good enough(I had this and I looked and it was something like tower stats 11xx/15xx/8xx/9xx" "can i haz your old gear seeing you just got trans stuff and dont need it(you know that stuff you have thats like 136/19x or something). Generally anything you ask, I will ask why and if your answer is along the lines of "I'm too lazy" then no you will not gwt my help.

Be nice, don't milk the host and asking "what can I do?" will get you in to 90% of the hosts good books, I dont need my gear upgraded in some maps, but seeing people buzzing around upgrading and repairing my stuff pleases me

I'm going to add a few more
You're going to get kicked when, you start selling my towers during a wave of insane glitter and replacing it with your all mighty tower and you barely have 100-200 tower stats and then try to tell me its "better"

You're going to get kicked when, you run around and pick up all / half the mana on the first build wave then refuse to give it to me because you need it to attack or place a trap / wall / other useless object.

You're going to get kicked when, (a) you start telling me to carry you through nightmare mode and wont be quiet when I say no because you have less then 150 in ANY stat and will be dead weight. (b) you start asking me to run you through some DLC you do not have therefore can not do it(it tells me you will be kicked if i do that map) or any other map I do not want to do.

You joined me for a boost in EXP, mana and maybe an upgrade, not to order me / the other builder around and run the things you don want to or cant do.

DO NOT annoy the builder, and asking goes A LONG way

one think i hate is trying to build and you drop mana at forge and someone goes MANA and runs like hell for it and runs off around the map, jump in lava or go I dont have any. Also they pick it up when you changing toons and drop it again right as you click the swap heros. If your not the builder and you just joined ask how to help or sit there and wait.

i hate people who touch mana while im trying to build. i just punt them to get them out of the way. that and people who sit at the forge.. drives me nuts. retards MOVE IT.

i do agree with hasv04~

Thirded. I'm at the stage where I build solo, then open. WAiting 10s for someone to give me mana, then they tell me to come to them? Ugh. Means kick and restart. I want to delete their characters.

Thirded. I'm at the stage where I build solo, then open. WAiting 10s for someone to give me mana, then they tell me to come to them? Ugh. Means kick and restart. I want to delete their characters.

???
I build solo and open too, but you prefer to kick someone telling you to move and restart all the build, than to actually move to them? Or have I misunderstood

I got a new one...though, this may just be a pet peeve of my own.

You know you're getting kicked if you are on my list of people who host an AFK shop with "Trans" advertised in the title... and yet, we zone in and you just have low level myths and a bunch of "Egg". Thanks for wasting 35 seconds of my life. We know you didnt have Trans, as most people would AT LEAST have an empty "Trans" folder, be mana capped, or have some trans on the floor advertising the ones that were too expensive for the shop! And if you were good enough to get enough trans to advertise their sale... your myths would be higher quality as well! You just used the word "Trans" to attract customers to your crusty, busted, hand-me-down shop. You wasted my time. You will be kicked.

Also: You know you're getting kicked when you join someone's room where the host is level 60+ and they're doing something like hard or insane summit or glitterheim, and you're level 0 or 1. I cannot stress how much I hate this. I've told people who did this: "I'm not powerleveling you. If you don't have a higher character, I'm kicking." Or something similar to that. I don't like to powerlevel newbies. I don't mind as much if you join on a higher level character and contribute to the build or something, but if you don't have any way of contributing at first or are new, I'm not helping. One of my biggest pet peeves is someone expecting me to power level them when they joined MY room on a low level character.

Back when glitter insane was the place to level, if a level 0 joined, I would tell them they had to put all their points in move, hp and cast rate, so they could help out after the first wave. Also explained respec to them and how the glitter run would more than pay for a respec afterwards.

If they put points in anything else, kick. But you'd be surprised how many people will actually do that in exchange for a quick 0-70.

???
I build solo and open too, but you prefer to kick someone telling you to move and restart all the build, than to actually move to them? Or have I misunderstood

Yep. I do. Because they've already ruined it.
Take uber death from above. You need to drop walls, auras and change to squire for harps during combat. On a perfect run, I can get walls, auras, and get a couple of harps deployed before combat starts, assuming no-one touches the chests, and I have all the mana I need.
The problem is, you get asshat idiots who stand by the forge, you drop mana, change character, they've already started running across the map to do god knows what. I need the mana with me to start building. By the time I've run to them, and got back to position to start laying the auras, the timer is screwed, and I can't complete the build.
It's not that I would rather not run to them. It's that by being selfish stupid dckholes, they've made the whole build phase redundant.

In addition, if they are of the mentality that in addition to doing all the building and carrying their sorry asses, I should have to run after them for the privilege of getting my mana back? They are not the sort of idiots I want to play with.

i hate people who touch mana while im trying to build. i just punt them to get them out of the way. that and people who sit at the forge.. drives me nuts. retards MOVE IT.

i do agree with hasv04~

These are my biggest pet peeves, and the reasons I usually solo. Drives me absolutely crazy