Do Accessories only drop on NM?

I got an accessory, forgot exactly what, bad quality though, on wave 25 insane hc glitter survival.

I've gotten one or two on insane aquanos, but nm survival is where it's at. On foundries and forges and servant's quarters, waves 16+ I got 1-2 accessories a wave. Got a godly bracers with 15 hero atk and hp and some other stats.

Is it just me or are these ridiculously expensive to upgrade? I had a mask with 32^ and it's over 100m per upgrade at level 24. It's crappy too (as far as stats go). What's the point of that?

Is it just me or are these ridiculously expensive to upgrade? I had a mask with 32^ and it's over 100m per upgrade at level 24. It's crappy too (as far as stats go). What's the point of that?

Trendies attempt at a gold sink i presume, since only the high end players who want everything maxed will bother.

As you noticed and people have said, they can drop anywhere. They are pretty much as rare as eggs though. Of course the general loot rule still applies too. The harder the difficulty of what you are doing, the better the possible maximum of the item you could get.

So if you truly want the best possible accessory ever, you will probably want to be playing nm hc survival on the hardest maps.