Sharkens make me not want to play anymore.

Idk if I'm in the majority but the addition of the sharken has ruined the enjoyment I was getting out of the game. I have no desire to play anymore.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh noes, you can't afk farm with no tactic besides good towers on nm maps more. :(

OMG trendy net! why are you offering the players some challenge! /troll

No really, get good.

They already nerfed them, and with the next patch towers will now have their priority set to target Sharkens first.

Oh noes, you can't afk farm with no tactic besides good towers on nm maps more. :(

No really, get good.

Fail troll, its TrendyEnt, TrendyNet is their online service

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

What if there's a Sharken and a Djinn desummoning simultaneously? Who gets target then?

Sharken, because they do more bad stuff to your towers in less time.

Idk if I'm in the majority but the addition of the sharken has ruined the enjoyment I was getting out of the game. I have no desire to play anymore.

That's why god made easy, normal, hard, and insane difficulty modes.

Have fun :)

its not the sharken causing issues.. its more the utter swamping of ogres thats killing me.. Sharken have moved 1 barrier in my setups so far and even that wasnt a complete disaster

its not the sharken causing issues.. its more the utter swamping of ogres thats killing me.. Sharken have moved 1 barrier in my setups so far and even that wasnt a complete disaster

This. Besides beating my head against the kraken (**** one-shotting), I've done a few survivals, on deeper wells, foundry and forges, and servants quarters. I know trendy is fixing it next patch ... but it's a bit ridiculous to have 50-60 ogres on a wave and 3/4 of them come all at once, or even worse 360 mini-ogres (WAVE 21! Who knows how many later on) and 3/4 of those fill up the map. Hilarious comparing that to the 11 sharken on the map. Doesn't help that the mob count seems to go up significantly as you go into the campaign - I did skip alch labs and magus quarters, but 1400 in F&F to 2700+ in servants quarters is pushing it.

Have you tried adjusting your builds to take this new enemy into account? My personal favorite is to set a mage wall at the front of my traps/auras to agro the sharken and force him to charge a useless barrier. Works very well.

Have you tried adjusting your builds to take this new enemy into account? My personal favorite is to set a mage wall at the front of my traps/auras to agro the sharken and force him to charge a useless barrier. Works very well.

Yup. On Endless Spire I like to set up walls near the edge and watch them run off.

That's a really good idea. I have found that using a trap/aura pile closer to enemy spawns works well too, while having walls and towers closer to the crystal for ogres. It's like a mob filtration system!

No really, get good.

Dude, go get some fresh air, leave the forums, stop playing. Just-get-some-fresh-air-ok?

Not even everyone is like you, who has the time to get beyond godlike gear (inb4 hacked gear) to kill some retarded new enemies that are no way fun to play with, they are frustrating, not fun. So i agree with OP.

They should just switch sharkens to deal heavy damage to towers instead of moving things. This update is good content-wise, but i dont like playing on nightmare anymore, and you know why's that. Damn OP gamebreaking enemies, that ruin the fun and competitive gameplay for everyone, higher end players might be doing ok with this but not everyone is the same. So quit making those retarded as hell posts, you aren't helping with anything.

And for the record, i only did 2 challenges (riddle on insane and monster fest on nm), i tried the campaign map on nightmare, got bored of it already because of this new addition. Only thing i enjoy playing is the monster fest, because it's the only map i can manage to do something without having to resetup builds every build phase.

Dude, go get some fresh air, leave the forums, stop playing. Just-get-some-fresh-air-ok?

Not even everyone is like you, who has the time to get beyond godlike gear (inb4 hacked gear) to kill some retarded new enemies that are no way fun to play with, they are frustrating, not fun. So i agree with OP.

They should just switch sharkens to deal heavy damage to towers instead of moving things. This update is good content-wise, but i dont like playing on nightmare anymore, and you know why's that. Damn OP gamebreaking enemies, that ruin the fun and competitive gameplay for everyone, higher end players might be doing ok with this but not everyone is the same. So quit making those retarded as hell posts, you aren't helping with anything.

And for the record, i only did 2 challenges (riddle on insane and monster fest on nm), i tried the campaign map on nightmare, got bored of it already because of this new addition. Only thing i enjoy playing is the monster fest, because it's the only map i can manage to do something without having to resetup builds every build phase.

It's supposed to be hard.. wow kids these days.. You are probably one of those kids who joins all exp run games and have no clue on how the game works. If you can't play on NM, play on Insane? get better? get friends? There's really no problem, have you ever heard players in other RPGs like WoW cry because they can't solo all content? NO! It's a team game. It's ment to be a challenge you can't just go in like a retard and afk farm.

And no I don't have any crazy gear I just know how to play. And I play the game maybe 2 times a week, I have 50hr gametime (afk shop doesen't count) since it got released so stop talking ****.

You are a casual player who don't like a challenge, stop crying on the forums and try to play with a tactic instead.

If you change Sharken to dealing heavy tower damage instead of moving them, you have just made DEW2.0, that's nothing new or exciting.

They aren't impossible to beat, just adapt :)

Buahahaha, calling out others for kids on the internets? Honestly, grow some beard and then come have a chat with me.

Who said about afk farming? I rarelly go afk, and when i do its in build phase for like a minute or two. I'm active all the time so quit making up stuff that makes no sense.

And yes, i do play on insane for testing out new content first, i do have friends that help me out with harder stuff (eg: high end waves in survival). You are telling me all this mumbo jumbo about team playing, team playing in this game is out of this world. Soloing or doing duo is usually easiest thing you can do. Not to mention the lack of hosts playing on nightmare, on the maps i want to try out or get kicked out of those very few servers for no apparent reason. And i can't host public servers without causing people to rage quit because of lag. So, tell me, since you seem to know alot about other peoples opinions, what would you do when you are pretty much limited to team playing in a game like this? It just doesn't fit to me, and when it does, it's rare.

If you change Sharken to dealing heavy tower damage instead of moving them, you have just made DEW2.0, that's nothing new or exciting.

I would rather have DEW2.0 than a game breaking addon anytime of the year. And the sharkens arent competitive, they are game breaking enemies, that provide no competition, it's like (IF) me using hacked gear to beat mobs right when they spawn, does that sound much of a competition? No it doesn't, and this doesn't either to my eyes, just saying.

I'm going to throw in another thing, they might be exciting new things, but they dont provide fun to alot of people, they do provide alot of stress to people who waste their time making 1+ hour builds and they get thrown away by some retarded mob that starts charging from a mile away.
Last time i checked, games should focus more on fun department more than competitive department. Otherwise people will just keep on quitting your beloved game.

PS: I don't mean to be rude or anything, it's just that it's frustrating when you try alot of things, most of which are time consuming and u loose in the end because one of those sharkens still breaks through your build and makes you loose, that's not fun, wasting time and not get rewarded anything other than madness, i would rather play something else at the rate Trendy is doing things to their game.

This. If you can't deal with Sharken, then maybe Nightmare just isn't the difficulty for you, or maybe Dungeon Defenders just isn't the game for you.

or maybe sharken are indeed problematic and just because YOU dont have a problem with them doesnt mean 99% of the rest of the game population doesnt.

ive never had a build i could AFK, and even if i did, i wouldnt leave the game running because that either means whatever i was afking, i dont really need to money or whatever from, or, i just didnt really feel like playing so i might as well just quit the game. there were maps that were easy, that didnt require much player involvement, but i am always active when playing. either repairing things, checking loot, or just killing mobs because it makes the waves go faster.

the game is still very much a challenge for me, and every new monster that is added only further ramps up that difficulty curve and pushes me further away from achieving a higher level of progress because i now have to work even harder to be able to get to a point i was barely able to get to to begin with, which, say what you want to about it, that is ****ing retarded. all the while the reward for getting somewhere is still based on some asinine algorithm that functions poorly to provide upgrades to players. "hey? want to play survival and get better upgrades? hope you can make it to wave 22, because everything that drops up to that point, regardless of what map you are playing, will only be slightly better, but most likely equal to, what you can get from endless spires campaign. oh, and then, youll probably get a piece with 3 stats with -50 or more that drops when you get to wave 22 anyway. ENJOY!"

no. i do not enjoy this. i do not enjoy being perpetually progression-locked because the loot system is ****ed, and i do not enjoy that being exacerbated by new enemies that can completely destroy a build in less than a second because there are too many other mobs in an area and defenses dont focus on them fast enough to interrupt them or take them down before they do. and i also do not like the fact that unless i have ogre x-ray vision, i cannot see these mobs, let alone overcome the collision boxes (which are easily 3 times the size of the hit boxes of any given mob) to be able to get to them and then get out of there without getting destroyed by dark elves, ogre splash, spider webbing, whatever else the game decides to throw at me to be able to interrupt them.

no, i am not having a problem with sharken on every map. just every map that would provide a (slight as it is) chance for progression.

[c3;448635']or maybe sharken are indeed problematic and just because YOU dont have a problem with them doesnt mean 99% of the rest of the game population doesnt.

1. It's not 99% of people who are having problems; 99% of the people who are whining about it are having problems.

2. or maybe sharken are indeed easy to handle and just because YOU have a problem with them doesn't mean 99% of the rest of the game population does. See how that works?

Wish I had had a chance to play with the Sharken before they were so heavily nerfed. Just played on Aquanos with my mates and we hardly noticed they were there.

Go play Inscane if it is to hardcore for u now. They just got neffed and that is freaking lame. Just use some slow aura or trap and they are faceroll.

What if there's a Sharken and a Djinn desummoning simultaneously? Who gets target then?

Who gets targetted when 2-3 djin are all trying to desummon a tower at the same time? Be their to sort it out of you gonna get stomped :P

Nevermind.
pointless arguing with ppl with very high stats that finds it easy.

This. If you can't deal with Sharken, then maybe Nightmare just isn't the difficulty for you, or maybe Dungeon Defenders just isn't the game for you.

What a sad response. I'll tell you what, right now Dungeon Defenders isn't the game for me. Before April 26th it was. The game changed into a game I have no desire to play. That's a big problem. It's not fun for most people to have to constantly rebuild things, because they got moved. Throw in the build timer and you have something that is nothing more than a chore. People, myself included, were having a hard enough time defending without the defenses being moved. This seals the deal. Not the game I signed up for last year. I don't have time to build a setup just to be taken down in 5 seconds. If we could save setups, load them, and tweak them...that would be nice. Not going to happen though.

The game changed into something different. It's no longer the same. It's not fun with this new mechanic. Like I have said before, my friends list used to be full of people playing this...now, maybe 1 or 2 at most.

So maybe you're right, Dungeon Defenders isn't the game for me and many others...NOW. It was before and now it's not? That's a pretty large problem.

Feel the same :/