Theorycrafting: What are YOU doing with Strength Drain?

I have been having a blast making trap/monk builds every since the patch!

What have you been doing with strength drain auras? I love to use prox + gas + snare + lightning + strength all on a buff beam and repairing my way to victory!

I have also been using strength drain to bring back the mage towers and use the fireball/lightning!

Fun to use with elemental pets like the serpent too :D I have 1600 tower range and 1.58 range buff on my beam so they're starting to get pretty big!

Going mad with app builds. Full fireball or full lightning tower builds are now viable and a lot of fun :)

Strength Drain + Buff Beam + Physical Beam makes walls practically invincible. Toss in an ensnare and electric aura with a couple fireballs behind it and you're set for just about anything.

Strength Drain + Electric Auras everywhere (it's like a 10 DU generic damage aura) + EV walls + beams on everything = win!

i like strength was already using it before it got the elemental removal on enemies
now it just even better. you can pretty much use any weapon even if it does elemental damage instead of generic without worrying it not like your going to go inside a mob outside a strength aura in survival anyway. also not every enemy has same elemental so even if your wep did hit resist enemy it would probably end up in strength aura radius anyway so no full need of having generic damage weps only.

mage towers are also real nice lighting towers pwn even on other enemies not in strength aura radius and by the time the resist one reach the strength aura they get owned by other towers and get hurt by the tower that couldnt do anything before.

I like these numbers:

2 harpoons = 12 DU
1 ensnare + 1 strength + 1 lighting = 13 DU

If you don't mind the slower pace of the map because of the ensnare the dps far outclasses harpoons when you take into account the vast number of enemies you can kill at once with a lightning tower. Yeah, the strength drain made me want to use app builders again :) Also, with SD you don't really need buff beams on walls anymore and you don't have to worry about dying as much!

buff beam+monk tower boost. 25k per tick with electric aura. Combine with either genie for almost permanent tower boost, or any other pet of your choice. With monk guardian you can cover all three waypoint on magus quarters with 1 aura

buff beam+monk tower boost. 25k per tick with electric aura. Combine with either genie for almost permanent tower boost, or any other pet of your choice. With monk guardian you can cover all three waypoint on magus quarters with 1 aura

That's a neat idea. I'd imagine you can do the same with any of the first several maps, since they are so small. Winning Insane survival with 13 DU's: I punch those numbers into my calculator and it makes a happy face.

I am pretty much using them with Lightning Auras to clear out weaker mobs. My prefered setup in most cases is Gas + Darkness out in front of the walls with an ensnare just behind the wall to slow down Ogre roars and spiders and DEWs that get behind the walls.

I had already incoperated Strength Drain into my towers, but now I think I may put them infront of my walls with an Electric.

Harpoon > Wall of Sort > Strength Drain/Electric/Ensare.

I am pretty much using them with Lightning Auras to clear out weaker mobs. My prefered setup in most cases is Gas + Darkness out in front of the walls with an ensnare just behind the wall to slow down Ogre roars and spiders and DEWs that get behind the walls.
That makes no sense.... why not move your snare/strength a bit further out so you don't need the darkness?