[GUIDE] Aquanos Survival Solo + Wave 30

crystals should be oor of ogres no matter what. and your monks' damage is quite low. You should swap your squire / monks gear.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty big update for the TEST build.

Extended south projectile tower buff beam 6 DU, removed the 4 DU buffbeam. things sitll work, it only has to reach the edge of the electric aura (5 may even work when i need another point)

Mid, extended the buff beam to 6 DU, swaped the 3 DU and 2 DU walls (switched their places) and added an inferno trap to mid (explosive may even work since its secondary if i need an additional point)

North, reduced 6 DU Buff beam to 5 DU. Scooted the Fireball up onto the ledge in front of the statue to shoot around the corner.

Obviously it is a test build, needs tested.

umm. The north fireball on the ledge: i had trouble getting the buff beam to hit it so i took the wall from the north and put the end of it up on the ledge too and ran the buff beam down to the 3 DU wall from up on the ledge. This allowed it to buff the fireball in between them. No idea how i did it before. sorta lame. if anyone finds a better way, please let me know

Well the ogre in the center was suddenly on top of my barricade causing it to get destroyed completely, but before it did get hit from some stuff, perhaps a lucky shot from rangers

I'll let you know what happens if i swap my monk&squire

Just tried your Testbuild. worked like a charm until a sharken pushed a wall at the south crystal... and killed me... -- ogre had fun with my crystal -- but works very well for me

edit:
just did Aquanos nmhc mixed mode with your mixedmode build (3 Activeplayers). Wave 22-23 were a bit rough but nothing too difficult. Wave 24 a Goldfish killed the southern crystal after a big laag...

Your Test build worked very well for me. Only issue I had was sharken almost reaching the wall (I apparently had just enough damage and enough luck that 3 were able to charge then die right at the wall before it got pushed at all). My stats aren't the greatest, but here's what I was working with
Initiate - 1729/2490/2073/1831(active, sitting in a corner afk where DEWs and spiders can't get to)
EV (wall) - 3281/xxx/xxx/xxx
EV (buff beam) -1549/2862/1320/1895
Adept - 1375/2437/1383/2299
Traptress - 1504/2204/1778/1543
Monk (hero) 1496/1836/xxx/812 300 tower boost 1420 hero boost, monkey pet

Thanks for again sharing some very good builds Kandar. Specifically for reminding me that there was such a thing as an inferno trap..., and for the ideas on dealing with birds (specifically, aura stacks)

EDIT

I think you just solved my final problem. For anyone taking random mid crystal damage as soon as you pass W20, its an orc skipping over your south mid barricade (I had to run it three times to spot the offender, but it's always an orc for me). Damm thing appears to be ramping off the wall or something.

Anyways, ill try putting the wall on top of the pot next time, instead of infront of it:demon:

Thanks again for the ideas

EDIT2

Just saw one of these orcs going down the stairs post-20. Thing was bouncing all over the place. The little extra height from the pot made it 50-50 whether it bounced over, and meant it went for the wall if it did :demon:

I wonder kandar are you ever going to fiddle with enrage auras inside elec auras? ...ofc theyd be far better if they worked on dijin as well >.> but they do work on sharken ...only real issue lay in DU cost

cannot afford such things. They don't replace a gas trap. You would be forced to have a gas trap in an Enrage aura because there would be no way to afford an electric over top of it.

Djin require gas, Mansharks require Gas. Enrage isn't 100% leaving you with a very high chance of failure. it also wont stop djin from desummoning it.

I don't see Enrage on top of gas as being productive.

never know though, it might work. might not.

Kandar i'm curious. Have you ever tried a setup on Aquanos including lightning towers? as they are another effective way of dealing with Sharken. It would be interesting to see the results of yet another alternative build with lightning towers incorporated into them.

I would try myself, but my PC's out for repair and apparently will take a week to get fixed. I'm just curious to see if the higher DU for a lightning tower is worth it in the long run on higher wave survivals.

i tested lightning towers in deeper well the other day, they do nothing to stop the charge that i could tell. It would just be far less overall DPS. Lightning towers don't have to fire in the right direction which means that you may get zero damage where you need it.

i setup two Lightning towers and two 5 DU EV Ealls. The lightning towers were made by a mage with very very very low stats so it wouldn't kill the sharks. The sharks were clearly able to still charge up and charge the blockade

Ah that explains it then, was just curious as to why you never used them in any of your builds. It's a shame really I was hoping the Apprentice would have another viable tower for late wave survival.

Just had an ogre walking over the wall at the middle crystal. Got there in time to see the crystal destroyed. Wall was still intact and hadn't been moved by sharks.

Had the same thing happen on wave 19. :( It happens randomly though.

Kandar: I have a conceptual question about the build.

What are the advantages in using harpoons over other turrets at this point? In terms of DPS to DU ratios, fireball towers are superior, and the piercing of harpoons seems somewhat wasted with the auras taking care of pretty much everything except ogres. I compared the kills of my harpoons and fireball turrets at wave 25 of NMHC MM Aquanos, and found that the harpoons were not getting many more kills (a difference of around 20 kills). Is there a reason to still favor over other options still?

The primary build doesn't have any harpoons. Secondary build is for people without a mage.

Only use harpoons when you need to pierce ogres to kill charging sharks.

Do your Electric auras in the north touch the buff beam? I cant tell from the DDP.

yes. just the edge will catch them and they'll nearly reach the crystal after you 3 star the buff beam

Ok so after much frustration I went back to Misty and farmed gear for my :monk: . Got Tower Atk up to 2700 and range up to 1600... went back to Aquanos using the primary build -> went to 30 with only a :djinn: gettin one gas trap and :spider: gettin the Fireball tower along the back wall at the north crystal on the final wave... didn't seem to hurt :-P. Had no problems with :sharken:. While I was farming gear and uppin my stuff I started to feel a real difference in my towers once I hit about 1200 range and 2200 attack when I was doing Misty MM. But I dunno how those stats would have done in Aquanos.

From my run I felt the north walls didn't need buffed because if there was an ogre there chances are I was right there to DPS it down and the walls never took dmg. The fireball tower on the wall made it really easy to keep the area behind that bend clear so nothing got built up.

Just some thoughts. Thanks for the build. :snowman:

The primary build doesn't have any harpoons. Secondary build is for people without a mage.

Only use harpoons when you need to pierce ogres to kill charging sharks.

I'm have better success with the harpoon build without the northern crystal build, but seperate north west and north east (also easier to see what's going on imo). What I also like about this build is that it puts less strain on mid crystal. However I did make one change at mid by changing the 5du wall into a 3 and 2 so I could still place on the pot. With the 5 du I had an ogre hop over on wave 26. Will have to up my app stats for other builds.

Mix mode working really nice. Depending on your hunter trap range, you might have to move back a bit the poison traps.
In my case some mobs get stuck a little too far from the electric aura due to poison so I have to kill the myself.

I didnt get any desummon, only have to repair auras/ev walls thats it.
(tried Solo to 4 people)

iv been considering a change to North lately.

In the north, if you just move all the projectile towers to the ledge and face them east, add an MM and face it northwest. you'll have plenty of coverage and the corners will stay clear. Delete the old 4 DU buff beam that was for the fireball tower and simply move the reflect screen to the ledge. Ogres attacking the walls simply wont matter because they're beamed and drained. Not even a 50mil ogre can dent them.

in the south, shortening the Buff beam from 6 to 5 DU, adding an explosive far south, replacing the MM with a fireball. Deleteing both darkness traps in place of one single drain aura.

In the mid, removing the inferno and replacing it with an explosive

in total it'll be 160 DU except you get an extra explosive and the MM turned into a fireball in the south. Also the north corners stay clear because the positions changed.

Just some ideas i'm toying with if anyone wants to give one a whirl.

Ok so after much frustration I went back to Misty and farmed gear for my :monk: . Got Tower Atk up to 2700 and range up to 1600...

Perhaps that is the answer for me too.. My monk had only about 1800 atk and 1200 range and am having issues on Misty on wave 20 with 1700/3100/1200/2200 Squire Tower builder. I do have 2200 atk/1400 range now on my monk but haven't tested it yet again. Sounds like I need to boost it a bit more to start having things easier, luckily I haven't upgraded my new gear on him yet so I will be higher by the time I try again.

iv been considering a change to North lately.

In the north, if you just move all the projectile towers to the ledge and face them east, add an MM and face it northwest. you'll have plenty of coverage and the corners will stay clear. Delete the old 4 DU buff beam that was for the fireball tower and simply move the reflect screen to the ledge. Ogres attacking the walls simply wont matter because they're beamed and drained. Not even a 50mil ogre can dent them.

in the south, shortening the Buff beam from 6 to 5 DU, adding an explosive far south, replacing the MM with a fireball. Deleteing both darkness traps in place of one single drain aura.

In the mid, removing the inferno and replacing it with an explosive

in total it'll be 160 DU except you get an extra explosive and the MM turned into a fireball in the south. Also the north corners stay clear because the positions changed.

Just some ideas i'm toying with if anyone wants to give one a whirl.

I'm currently testing something similar out in mix mode. Replaced the 2 darkness traps with an STR drain, combined the buff beam in the south to one 6 DU beam, replaced the MM at mid to a harpoon, and added a fireball north. Another change I might make next time is make the two walls south 4 and 4, and possibly drop the buff beam on the stairs. My aura range is almost high enough (2.1k) to where the electric far south can reach the single buff beam on the walls. Changing the walls to 4 and 4 will move the beam a little closer to cover the extra distance

North:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596970082497284217/285F51B091E02EC9E78A769CF286A5ED1ABA7351/

South:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596970082497288330/024FC5D29E59A22009780CD7E9B170D486804819/

Middle:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596970082497286374/A49D37F96C67D21FB20FCC2DA819D73003E10C08/

On wave 20 now, so far so good. Will update later.

Edit: Lost on wave 23 due to a goldfish 1 shotting the south crystal. Other than that...the build worked well.

iv found that the MM isn't enough to stop gold fish at the north sometimes on mix mode in the mid 20s. this is bad news bears for the DU pool.

by north i mean south, of course.