[GUIDE] Aquanos Survival Solo + Wave 30

I found some upgrades for my aura monk, changing my tower range from about 800 to 1100 and increasing tower damage from about 1800 to 2200. This made a big difference in how well the mix build performs.

I'm playing a dps monk with dps pet, and run around using boosts to clear djinns's, sharks, ogres. It's also important to keep your gas traps detonated. Although some of the spawn change notes in the patches may help with that.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wave 24, 3 player mix mode i just saw a 10 million HP Goldfish and a 10 million HP ninja. So my bet is the birdfish have the same HP scale as ninjas. Attack ramps too? Sure would explain a lot of stuff people are reporting.

Having your monk builder active does seem to help a lot.

Primary build works excellently. I made it to wave 21 pretty solidly, and then decided to hit the hay. One big problem I'm having is with Ogres heading to the middle crystal. I've got my cades split and set to make sure Ogres can't just jump the pot, but I can't make a 4DU Buff Beam reach far back enough to keep the Harpoon out of Ogre Smash range. I worked it out by taking aggro with my Seahorse, but if it were poison resist it would be game over for sure.

that should be a 5 DU buff beam at mid. 4 doesn't really reach well enough.

Hmm. Did my first run tonight duo, having bashed my head against cliffs for a few days (no luck). Things get really tough post-20.
Had some issues with djinn taking gas, of all things, which caused cascading failures.

Also, I skimmed the thread but didn't see an answer. Is there a reason why you inferno over prox? My proxies throw out about thrice the DPS, across a bigger range. Beyond repairing hassle, is there a reason why you prefer infernos? By doing this in two places, you free up enough DU for strength drain instead of darkness on the NE, which saves a bit of maintenance.

Also, unless something changes in the late waves with spiders, what are the app barriers for? With the reflects in place, the spiders get in range of the lightning quickly and are dead before you say 'jack rabbit'. It frees another 2 DU for str drain in the NW, and covers the loss of HP because you have 2 walls.

It's interesting that monks can now be active builders, too. Hurts the monkey damage output. It's an interesting toss up. I think I prefer a strong DPS/skilled monk who can boost where it's needed, although I wiped, so maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Kandar all your builds are life savers!
Just did the survival build. Currently at wave 23solo and still looking good!

Aquanos is really a nice place to loot :D

Because sometimes the spiders get behind the towers and stay there. They'll end up killing them.

anytime there is an ogre northeast or northwest with that build, you should be there to prevent spider buildup on the blockade. The towers will not attack the spiders on the blockade till the ogre is dead unless you position it too close. Also with more then one player, the number of spiders is greatly increased causing additional issues.

Mobs caught in gas traps don't trigger the trap. The inferno will do far more damage over time if positioned properly. The non mix build is very low stat friendly and will easily burn down sharks long before they ever get in los of a blockade.

Hmm. Did my first run tonight duo, having bashed my head against cliffs for a few days (no luck). Things get really tough post-20.
Had some issues with djinn taking gas, of all things, which caused cascading failures.

Also, I skimmed the thread but didn't see an answer. Is there a reason why you inferno over prox? My proxies throw out about thrice the DPS, across a bigger range. Beyond repairing hassle, is there a reason why you prefer infernos? By doing this in two places, you free up enough DU for strength drain instead of darkness on the NE, which saves a bit of maintenance.

Also, unless something changes in the late waves with spiders, what are the app barriers for? With the reflects in place, the spiders get in range of the lightning quickly and are dead before you say 'jack rabbit'. It frees another 2 DU for str drain in the NW, and covers the loss of HP because you have 2 walls.

It's interesting that monks can now be active builders, too. Hurts the monkey damage output. It's an interesting toss up. I think I prefer a strong DPS/skilled monk who can boost where it's needed, although I wiped, so maybe I'm doing it wrong.

I used the mixed mode build to 3-man it up to wave 24 (regular mode though), at which point I had to quit. The build does work, but it requires a really strong aura monk + tower boost to make it work (25k for electric auras). I believe Kandar already explained that proxies require constant triggering, whereas inferno traps are constantly dealing damage, which does make sense, although I havent tested it out myself

Kandar mid 4 Du buff beam DOES work with a 3/2 split wall its just a pain to position it just right (this was a change i made before you officially changed it to keep things from walking around that 5 du wall

another change is NW where i pulled the MM and harp over a tiny bit to the wall and pulled the reflect beam on an angle from back wall over to keep ogre balls from hitting it as well (keeps you from ever having to repair them save a rogue spider)
as for the sharken on NW perhaps having the 2 DU wall slant inward ever so much so the ogre stands at that gap allowing a cross fire or harp rounds into the potentially charging sharken? (it seems they ignore gas a lot more than normal now and solo its hard to be everywhere at once when the whole wave hits you at the same time)

Aight so I followed the video for placing my auras and gas traps (Mixed build). Got to wave 21 with no problems (except for :djinn: despawning my gas traps at the end of the wave if I wasn't around). Wave 22 right after the big mob release during the middle of the wave, the NW wall and the SE walls were run over by :sharken: lettin the :ogre: to smack my Castle (crystal). Rest the wave went fine and I was able to repair and I moved the gas traps in both locations forward. Again during Wave 23, :sharken: ran the walls in at both locations. Was able to get to Wave 24 with almost no health on the Southern crystal. So I moved the gas traps a little further forward again. And during wave 24 :sharken: just piled through and that was the end of that run.

This always happens during the middle of the wave when you see the massive amount of mobs released in a group allowing them to group up and the reset time for the gas traps is so long (~3 sec) sharkens just mosey on through in a short period of time. Maybe I should move my gas traps way back o.O? Or is it my Monk

:monk: 1758/2054/1200/708 <-- not stronk enough aura monk? Electric Auras tic 9.8k with rate 0.14

Ahh so frustrated lol. Thanks for any help :)

you mean for the non mix build....

I may convert the Non mix style of the north to the Mixmode north style which seems to be functioning better. have to see how the DU works out but it should be just fine. it will clear up all of those issues.

just need someone to test it. i haven't had a chance.

I was using the mixed mode build. I meant to say the NE wall. Sharkens rarely come to the NW wall. Sorry for the mix up.

Aight so I followed the video for placing my auras and gas traps (Mixed build). Got to wave 21 with no problems (except for :djinn: despawning my gas traps at the end of the wave if I wasn't around). Wave 22 right after the big mob release during the middle of the wave, the NW wall and the SE walls were run over by :sharken: lettin the :ogre: to smack my Castle (crystal). Rest the wave went fine and I was able to repair and I moved the gas traps in both locations forward. Again during Wave 23, :sharken: ran the walls in at both locations. Was able to get to Wave 24 with almost no health on the Southern crystal. So I moved the gas traps a little further forward again. And during wave 24 :sharken: just piled through and that was the end of that run.

This always happens during the middle of the wave when you see the massive amount of mobs released in a group allowing them to group up and the reset time for the gas traps is so long (~3 sec) sharkens just mosey on through in a short period of time. Maybe I should move my gas traps way back o.O? Or is it my Monk

:monk: 1758/2054/1200/708 <-- not stronk enough aura monk? Electric Auras tic 9.8k with rate 0.14

Ahh so frustrated lol. Thanks for any help :)

2k should do it. You want to try to avoid the pileup. To do that you need a good amount of overlap. Your gas trap should be pulled in as close as its safe and your aura out as far as possible but not so far that it gets desummoned.

outside of that, it should function fine. i used the build today doing solo +2 AFK and made it to 28 (the two AFKs are very taxing)

i realize its very difficult to nail down all the different possible problem causes but it can be done with a bit of practice.

Tomorrow im going to cut my stats by 50% and give it a run to try and learn some new stuff. should be entertaining.

btw Kandar I do hope you already know that other than activation range buff beaming dark and gas traps is useless (no boost to effective range, duration, or reset time)

patch 7.32 and friggin sharken ....solo
they just keep getting to center south from the narrow lane and absolutely destroy NW, for some reason my elec aura and inferno just do not do enough damage atm even though before ive had no issues beating survival. Ninja buff perhaps? i have no clue
If playing this build i recommend HIGHLY to tower boost NW inferno trap as often as possible

with the way everything seemingly spawns at once (my stats are low 2ks or so but 2600 damage and 1900 rate on my squire builder and ogres die in a heartbeat after i get near them)

Yes, I came to report this as well, also Solo. Was perfect before 7.32, but now I get Sharken taking out one of the NW walls almost every wave after 16 or 17. I also tried the MM build, and Sharken were constantly getting NE wall and one of the center walls. Hopefully they revert whatever targeting change they seemed to ninja into 7.32 because this is very annoying.

There is another thread in patch notes discussing the targeting or Sharken change in 7.32. Lots having this issue. Should be resolved when they admit or undo whatever they ninja'd

In the MM build, what do you think about replacing the darkness traps in the south with prox traps for some extra bang?

I don't really see the benefit or a darkness there since there is also a str drain covering the walls to debuff ogres n dew.

In the MM build, what do you think about replacing the darkness traps in the south with prox traps for some extra bang?

I don't really see the benefit or a darkness there since there is also a str drain covering the walls to debuff ogres n dew.

This was what I thought of initially as well. I already moved the Str Drain morw center as I did not see a reason for it to be as far E as the Lighting/Ensnare. I ended up not trying to because I find proxies annoying to deal with, but I agree with the sentiment.

Birdfish need stripped early. a poison based birdfish can cause serious issues. in mix goldfish go over 10 million HP. they seem to be on the same scale as ninjas as far as health goes.

Solid build. I got ganked in 17 due to my own mistake which led to half of the stuff being destroyed. Mid and Northeast never got touched by Djinn and Spiders, though. Wave 18, and a Sharken charges throgh the South walls and destroys that crystal. if I didn't die, I would have easily made it to 20. Thanks for the build!

I'm building a soon-to-be active tower boost monk, and had him on split screen sitting at south crystal with a seahorse pet. The difference his presence made was pretty amazing. I'd just tap my dpad for Tower Boost whenever I saw Ogres on the map and they dropped like flies. All of the fodder fried, too, since both elec auras were getting boosted and doing 11k a tick.

If you're playing solo and feel like you've hit a wall, definitely consider split screening a tower boost monk or playing an active one yourself. They're a game changer!

btw Kandar I do hope you already know that other than activation range buff beaming dark and gas traps is useless (no boost to effective range, duration, or reset time)

Since when does buff beaming not affect the reset time? They have always lowered the reset time in my experience and it is really useful to do it for sharken at higher waves.

@Kandar
Your MM build is very very similar to my normal build. Is there a reason you changed your MM build so much from your normal build? Do you think the overall north and middle crystal work better with the MM build?

I'm not buff beaming any traps that i don't have to. You may see a buff beam on a darkness / gas.. but it isn't there for them, its there for the electric aura.

well, the north is a tricky section, that's for sure but the one in the non mix is far more stable but only for non mix. It seriously locks down those spawns and they remain 100% problem free except for maybe spiders which can sometimes be annoying but easily dealt with..

If you were to try that build in mix mode with 3 players it would fail. Simply put, the birds just have too much HP at that point for the NE to cover. if an ogre is at the NE blockade, those birdfish would fly off to the south crystal with ease. at the same time if you have an ogre at the NW blockade you would ahve birds go past the DPS towers unless you positioned them more centered which will then cause spider issues and it all gets really annoying.

So because of those issues, i converted the mix mode north to what it is now. The non mix north is very stable for non mix but will fold like a cheap pair of sox in mix mode.

Kandar, ran the map a few more times. Mix Mode build is *drastically* more stable to use on regular survival. It is significantly easier to maintain and handles the "rushes" of various mobs extremely well. I had one issue in the northern area with the northeast occasionally letting a sharken get terrifyingly close if a major backup allowed a group of mobs to move forward during a trap rearm time. That said, it never caused a wipe. I don't anticipate going back to the regular survival build.

interesting feedback pikklez. i'v been considering an alternate non mix build since you can use the mixmode build on regular but not the regular on the mix mode.

I am gonna try the Mix Mode Built with my friends, We start in 1min
You say you need a strong aura monk, we used my brother squire gear and got high stats
But how far have you actually came with that build and what is your stats on your different chars`?