[GUIDE] Aquanos Survival Solo + Wave 30

First of all, thanks for that awesome Layout Kandar!

But i always have 1problem with middle core, with 5 DU EV Wall ogres hit the wall and sometimes the crystal, with 2x2 DU EV Walls it works better, but sometimes out of nowhere crystal gets attacked by small mobs!

I dont know if it is a bug or something, because i look map constantly and it really get damaged out of nowhere...

Layout worked for me till wave23 with 2player...
Do you have any tips how i can get any further?

Builders:
:squire: xxx/2.5k/1.2k/2k
:monk: 1.2k/1.3k/1.6k/700
:huntress: 1.2k/1.3k/1.1k/1.2k
:apprentice: 1.8k/1.4k/300/1k
:series: 1.4k/1.4k/1.4k/2k

And using a Barb to take out ogres as fast as possible!

Thank you for any advice!

it isn't a 5 DU wall. its 2 plus 3. Watch the video in the OP for positioning. it works fine.

Use a monk to drop ogres. barbarians are slow / low damage.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Middle crystal is buggy for me still. Ogres on wave 21 are 1-shotting the crystal through reflection beam and out of melee range. I have no idea how, but second time this happened today. The "replay" made it look like a poison ball just went straight through a reflector. It was the only time that area had any problems today, and i even shortened the northeast wall to a 2-DU so I could set the 2 + 3 DU walls out further from the harpoon with a buff beam. I thought that would ensure no melee attacks on the harpoon were a possibility. Wave 21 remains my bane, I need to gear up my aura monk to try mixed.

it isn't a 5 DU wall. its 2 plus 3. Watch the video in the OP for positioning. it works fine.

Use a monk to drop ogres. barbarians are slow / low damage.

http://ddplanner.com/?l=4845,kandar-water-world-alternate-non-mix

Using this Layout at the moment. Will try the positioning of EV walls like seen in Video, mabe it will help me get further :)

Thanks for the help kandar! Keep up the good work

Middle crystal is buggy for me still. Ogres on wave 21 are 1-shotting the crystal through reflection beam and out of melee range. I have no idea how, but second time this happened today. The "replay" made it look like a poison ball just went straight through a reflector. It was the only time that area had any problems today, and i even shortened the northeast wall to a 2-DU so I could set the 2 + 3 DU walls out further from the harpoon with a buff beam. I thought that would ensure no melee attacks on the harpoon were a possibility. Wave 21 remains my bane, I need to gear up my aura monk to try mixed.

i tested this by putting the wall in place and then having an ogre hit me while i was standing in front of the crystal. There is plenty of room there if you set it up properly.
A 4 DU buff beam is long enough. you just have to position everything properly otherwise it will fail.

Did both mixed and non mixed builds... it seems the sharkens ruin it for me. Ogres don't even smack the walls. I analyzed the video and all the pics to copy the builds exactly but some how sharkens just move my walls starting around wave 17 starting with the north east wall (mixed build) and gets to be to much by wave 21. I started ignoring the ogres completely and running behind him to clear the sharkens but after wave 20 my monk just can't take the heat or theres just to much goin on.

:squire: 1.9k/2.9k/1.3k/1.2k
:monk: 1.7k/2.0k/951/447
:huntress: 1.4k/2.4k/1.1k/1.1k
:apprentice: 1.6k/2.8k/1.1k/1.1k
:series: Walls 3k/xxx/xxx/xxx
:series: Buff 1.5k/3k/446/1.0k
:monk: (Hero) 1.7k/2.0k with 568 tower and 1.1k Hero boost with 10k dmg sea horse

any suggestions?

Placements are never exact and always a tiny bit different between players. different stats mean you need to make minor adjustments.

You should probably take some time to fully understand the placements and then you can make the adjustments that you need.

I don't have any wall push issues when i run. That or its extremely rare that it happens.

Never had one get mid. what are your stats and where did it spawn.

I've got an aura monk with 2k tower attack and 1.8k range, and I did not get to see where they spawned, but I'm guessing the west spawn (forgot to use replay). My trapper also has more than enough range, with that gas trap in mid, so I guess its just a matter of having dps pets in mid (the guy in mid had a genie on, and had to come over south to help out when my south walls got pushed by sharken). We were playing with 3 players too (2 barb + 1 monk)

EDIT: forgot to mention that this was in mixed mode aquanos

patch 7.32 and friggin sharken ....solo
they just keep getting to center south from the narrow lane and absolutely destroy NW, for some reason my elec aura and inferno just do not do enough damage atm even though before ive had no issues beating survival. Ninja buff perhaps? i have no clue
If playing this build i recommend HIGHLY to tower boost NW inferno trap as often as possible

with the way everything seemingly spawns at once (my stats are low 2ks or so but 2600 damage and 1900 rate on my squire builder and ogres die in a heartbeat after i get near them)

I have no idea what changed with 7.32 but I've started having sharken bust down my walls, before 7.32 it was VERY rare for a sharken to push a wall aside. Now, since yesterday, I've tried 10 times and every time when I hit wave 20 every single wall fails to a sharken, EVERY WALL, it's not like a random sharken knocks through a side wall, everything just falls apart and I can't understand what changed.

A few days ago this build worked perfectly for me, I was consistantly getting 28+. Now I can't break wave 20 :(.

EDIT: NM I'm an idiot, didn't realize it was because I tried duoing it instead of solo, apparently with two people the sharken get out of hand for whatever reason

Been trying to play survival aquanos on both insane and NM difficulty. However the spawn of the aquanos near the top crystal almost always makes me loose the survival run. I think this is due to a buggy fish-wyvern spawn/path.

I've tried some stuff to counter their spawn near the crystal:
- Putting defences that take care of them. This works for a couple of waves, but as they grow stronger, the defence just won't cut it, i'd have to waste an insane amount of DU just to kill those fish wyvern, sacrifising ogre killing power.
- Neglecting the crystal, i.e. not going near it.
This seems to work, as the fish wyvern are drawn to nearby players. But if my defences need healing, I simply can't neglect and can't focus on both sides at a time.
- Using a high-DPS pet to take care of them, serving as an ubertower without du used.
This is the best option, but it's rediculous.

Is there anything i'm missing?

So I went back and repositioned everything. Made sure gas and electric auras rapped around the corners. Only one incidence of sharkens runnin into walls up till wave 20 but after wave 20 it just doesn't matter. They move to fast and gas traps just don't hold them long enough for anything to kill them. How much does your Electric Aura Tick for? Mines like 9k.

I have no idea what changed with 7.32 but I've started having sharken bust down my walls, before 7.32 it was VERY rare for a sharken to push a wall aside. Now, since yesterday, I've tried 10 times and every time when I hit wave 20 every single wall fails to a sharken, EVERY WALL, it's not like a random sharken knocks through a side wall, everything just falls apart and I can't understand what changed.

A few days ago this build worked perfectly for me, I was consistantly getting 28+. Now I can't break wave 20 :(.

EDIT: NM I'm an idiot, didn't realize it was because I tried duoing it instead of solo, apparently with two people the sharken get out of hand for whatever reason

thats probably not the issue. ii test my builds with + 1 2 or 3 AFKs

No i may need to test the build post 7.32. mansharks may have seen some hidden changes. I was in cliffs since patch.

Bennit Mix mode or normal, which crystal is it reaching and what are your stats.

Walkerboth what is your trap reset time. Mine can easily catch a manshark post 20 100% of the time.

also note that since mansharks were introduced.. it is important to know that having a primary builder with stats through the roof and having other characters with low / mid stats isn't ok anymore. You need a much greater average of stats.

:huntress: Gas Trap in Tavern has a 77.52 sec duration with a 3.01 sec reset time

:monk: Electric Aura in Tavern (w/ Buff Beam) 8762 with 0.14 Attack Rate

[QUOTE]Bennit Mix mode or normal, which crystal is it reaching and what are your stats.[/QUOTE]

Mixed mode, Top crystal (south on map), fishverns from behind the crystal

Stats (HP, Demage, Range, Speed)
Monk: 1333,635,1394,904
EV-waller: 2450,x,x,x
EV-booster: 1458,1253,1178,1175
Squire: 1789, 2534, 1278, 2395
Trapper: 1579,2060,1095,1128
Mage: 836,1655,1190,792
Mage-Waller: 1975,x,x,x

I'm able to do 30 waves of MM misti, so I don't think it's the stats, although my mage and monk could do with some improvement.

Thanks for fast answer! :)

Bennit you cannot do Mix mode with my layout and have 600 damage on your monk auras. it wont work.

walkerboth it may be your snare positions. Your gas trap triggers are the same as mine.

I replaced your electric auras with explosion traps opening a lot of extra du's, that works fine too, but it's really those fish wyverns...

The electric auras take out the fish. thats why they're there but with only 600 damage, there isn't a chance in hell the'yll keep up.

I see, that would explain some stuff indeed, I'll build a tower-offensive monk too then I guess :)

ok i just did a quicky test. used 3 players (solo + 2 AFK) and ran the Mix mode build on non mix (only because its lower dps)

instead of interacting i didn't do anything. didn't bother killing ogres or anything like that.

I did get a wall push on wave 24 in mid. I fixed it by pushing the gas trap out a good bit farther then i used to. there is a reasoning behind why this worked for mid.

with the more rare mobs releasing in bunches you're getting clogging in ways that we didn't before. In the past, we were able to keep the gas trap closer to the blockades and allow the damage to burn down mobs as they come in. For mid i had to push the gas trap out farther so that as the mobs bunch up around the corner they don't push inward and gain LoS on the blockade. or if they do the gas trap edge will have them kept back away out of charge range until it is their turn to die.

that was the only wall push i had and i assume that is what is happening to people.

In the North, you have to setup Electric auras first becuase those are tied into the edge of the buff beams. From there you can use their effective range edge to choose where to put your gas trap. if you experience realllly bad bunching on the corner, you may need to push the gas trap's effective edge outside of the effective range of your electric / inferno damage. it'll slow things down but prevent charging.

Actually, it's working on NM for me with my suck monk. It was just the ensnare and the harpoon over the crystal that needed better placement!

Thanks kandar!

Hey Kandar Thanks for all the feed back and comments your providing for the community. I really do appreciate it.