[GUIDE] Aquanos Survival Solo + Wave 30

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waves 17 to 30 complete. Solo + 2 AFK.

Wave 30 with 3 players had 3754 mobs, 40 sharks, 40 genies, 290 spiders, 14 ogres and 200 birds

I beat it twice, solo and duo, with proxy in the middle. On wave 26+, only 1/3 of the middle wall's HP was left.

Those seahorses have some serious dps.

edit: Loot quality isn't the best here. Can't find a decent drop.

starting at 22 with 3 players i started seeing supreme. it wasn't awesome supreme but wasn't too bad. Lots of trans items with 3 player. think wave 30 had 15+ on the ground.

Mix Mode updated. Mix Mode layout will probably function just fine for non mix as well.

Need to find DU to convert the middle crystal MM into a Harpoon. outside of that, the build works 20+ solo for mix mode. i haven't had a chance to give it a full run.

all walls are buff beamed, snared, drained. very durable build as long as the birdfish don't get your crystal.

Requires a strong Aura monk.

Oh.. Golden birdfish can be problematic~ These birdfish havea very high health pool to start with. Djin buffs on them are not really a good thing.

Its a shame this map doesnt have just another 5du... it would make such a difference.
I can reach wave 30 but not without a lot of micro-management and rushing to take care of ogres, and in waves 25+ seabirds frm the right coming to the center.

Just a fraction more du and I'd have enough for an extra harp to cover the right from the ledge...

If this build fails at all, its always to birds for me. But v well done, its been a masterpiece so far... I just doubt players with stats under the 2ks in the important areas will be seeing much of wave 24+, unless they manage to stay on sea-bird duty 24/7

Tried this build yesterday and finished wave30 on first attempt. Middle crystal got hit by something I didn't see and lost almost all hp at wave 28. Seems to have been a one time occurance though.

thx for the build.

Tried this build yesterday and finished wave30 on first attempt. Middle crystal got hit by something I didn't see and lost almost all hp at wave 28. Seems to have been a one time occurance though.

thx for the build.

Had the same problem on late waves. The middle crystal got hit by orcs/goblins somehow. Saw one come flying down from the stairs. They might also have sneaked through from the west. Solved it by standing there pretty much the entire time.

Going to try the MM build now though.

Mix mode build is still Under construction.. it isn't near as Low Stats Friendly as the non mix build since it only uses electric rather then electric and inferno.

Middle crystal could be taking damage from bombers or maybe even a summoner. i also want to give a closer inspection to the blockade at middle crystal. Make sure mobs cannot get around it. i broke the wall up into two sections because it covers slightly more. We may need it to reach the back side of the flower pot.

Mix Mode is surely end game. Not meant for people with under 2k stats. But that doesn't mean i don't wanna improve on the build. it has quite a bit of work to be done and positioning is very critical with the gas traps and mansharks.

I finished 2 runs of wave 18-30 yesterday, and the build worked great. I did one run solo, and one run duo. It actually seemed easier duo with 1active + 1 entirely afk character. basically Afk char just sat at nw and if an ogre spawned i hit his hero/tower boost until the ogre died. It really saved me a lot of running around.

In all between both runs i got 1 supreme drop, so i am trying to figure out if i want to pick up a controller and try for a 3rd character or not.

no need for physical controllers. Use the "A Better Emulator" (thread name) which will allow you to control 4 players VIA F1 F2 F3 F4.

also, i recommend leaving DPS pets on your afks at blockades

I'm having some issues with this build, ogres walk over the little curb thing by the middle crystal (the one with only one harpoon and no auras/traps). Is there a screenshot of your wall placement there?

Also, why inferno traps? As far as I know the only advantage inferno has over proxy is that you don't have to repair your tits off.

Ogres in the middle cannot get over.. I need to put a new mid crystal picture up. Use a 2 DU and 3 DU blockade and gap them a bit. Get the edge as far past or into the pot as you can.

because when stuff is trapped for 60 seconds or longer and wont move. What is triggering the explosive? Nothing, is usually the answer except the random ninja. Infernos tick the whole time non stop and have the same area of coverage (roughly) as an explosive. It ends up dealing far more damage.

Try the Mix Mode build~ No Infernos there! couldn't afford them. Non mix build is very "Low Stat Friendly" because it has both inferno and lightning aura.

Ogres in the middle cannot get over.. I need to put a new mid crystal picture up. Use a 2 DU and 3 DU blockade and gap them a bit. Get the edge as far past or into the pot as you can.

because when stuff is trapped for 60 seconds or longer and wont move. What is triggering the explosive? Nothing, is usually the answer except the random ninja. Infernos tick the whole time non stop and have the same area of coverage (roughly) as an explosive. It ends up dealing far more damage.

Try the Mix Mode build~ No Infernos there! couldn't afford them. Non mix build is very "Low Stat Friendly" because it has both inferno and lightning aura.

Allright, thanks. Looking forward to that picture, and I don't really mind traps - my traptress has far better stats than my aura monk does and my monk can't wear trans yet so I can't swap. I was just wondering why you chose inf over proxy ;)

no need for physical controllers. Use the "A Better Emulator" (thread name) which will allow you to control 4 players VIA F1 F2 F3 F4.

also, i recommend leaving DPS pets on your afks at blockades

Looked for this emulator thread.. search came up blank, think you could find a link? :)

Ah ok, thanks for pointing out the controller emulator kandar. I personally looked at that back when i started around december, and, no one really seemed to have a clear picture of if it was something trendy was going to allow or not. Seems like it has moved into the yes we tolerate it category so i guess i should give it a try.

What pet do you use on the active character ? monkey, mega chicken, or seahorse seem like they all could be valid choices for this build.

seahorse or monkey depending on the situation. In mix mode i use seahorse since my builds are covered in drains and darkness.

Monkey is excellent for AFK characters

Gave mix mode a solo run this morning it's a pretty different beast. Ogres went from ~16 to 25-28 million hp from wave 19 to wave 20. Wyverns varied from around 2.5 to 3 million. Mob scaling per wave probably needs to be looked at because it's a tad bit inconsistent there atm. Wave 20 might just be especially difficult because of the every 10-wave difficulty increase giving you wave 20+ ogres, but having them jump 10-12 million in a single wave still seems a tad bit excessive.

Here's my notes for mix mode thus far:

- From waves 15 to 24, the Magic Missile in south only had *14* total kills. It's possible that you could trade this for a proxy on top of the walls there, as it'd help kill DEWs faster late game. Not sure if it would matter for spiders, but you could use a mage wall for 1 DU instead of the reflector right on top of the spider spawn, then free yourself up 3 DU somewhere else.

- I was able to make central a 5-DU wall without any issue. I think if you place the towers far enough back, it funnels the Ogres coming from South into a corner that they wouldn't be able to damage the crystal even if they swung like here. If the ogre comes from the NW spawn, you can funnel them with your DPS pet to that spot by standing here: here. This is more a nitpicky thing, but if you ever get a ninja rush there while you have an ogre on another lane, I trust a 5-DU wall to last longer than a 2+3.

- On wave 21, I had a Sharken charge the crystal from the NE. I think it was a problem of the gas trap leaving the mobs too far out of tower range. That same wall got pushed back on wave 23, but no crystal damage was taken. It's just gonna require monitoring at 21+, that's all there is to it.

That said, so far so good up to wave 25. I have to go to work but I'll see how 25+ goes once I get back this evening.

If it matters, I am using a Dragon DPS pet. Since this build strips elemental resists, the AoE damage that Dragon pets deal is very significant for clearing.

Gave mix mode a solo run this morning it's a pretty different beast. Ogres went from ~16 to 25-28 million hp from wave 19 to wave 20. Wyverns varied from around 2.5 to 3 million. Mob scaling per wave probably needs to be looked at because it's a tad bit inconsistent there atm. Wave 20 might just be especially difficult because of the every 10-wave difficulty increase giving you wave 20+ ogres, but having them jump 10-12 million in a single wave still seems a tad bit excessive.

Here's my notes for mix mode thus far:

- From waves 15 to 24, the Magic Missile in south only had *14* total kills. It's possible that you could trade this for a proxy on top of the walls there, as it'd help kill DEWs faster late game. Not sure if it would matter for spiders, but you could use a mage wall for 1 DU instead of the reflector right on top of the spider spawn, then free yourself up 3 DU somewhere else.

- I was able to make central a 5-DU wall without any issue. I think if you place the towers far enough back, it funnels the Ogres coming from South into a corner that they wouldn't be able to damage the crystal even if they swung like here. If the ogre comes from the NW spawn, you can funnel them with your DPS pet to that spot by standing here: here. This is more a nitpicky thing, but if you ever get a ninja rush there while you have an ogre on another lane, I trust a 5-DU wall to last longer than a 2+3.

- On wave 21, I had a Sharken charge the crystal from the NE. I think it was a problem of the gas trap leaving the mobs too far out of tower range. That same wall got pushed back on wave 23, but no crystal damage was taken. It's just gonna require monitoring at 21+, that's all there is to it.

That said, so far so good up to wave 25. I have to go to work but I'll see how 25+ goes once I get back this evening.

If it matters, I am using a Dragon DPS pet. Since this build strips elemental resists, the AoE damage that Dragon pets deal is very significant for clearing.

The Magic Missile, Thats actually there for Golden Birdifsh. Even if you have 3000 tower damage on your aura monk, you still wont kill a golden birdfish before it 1shots your crystal. This can happen when genies below the south crystal buff the birdfish swimming straight up along the auras. I'm not sure an explosive trap would do the job as effectively. its one of those things that you don't want to go wrong. Those 14 kills were probably half goldfish. GOLDFISH i like it. hah.

3 and 2 or 5 DU on the wall doesn't really matter. For most people, its going to function best with 3 and 2 because of the coverage. you can actually end the wall on top of the pot using 3 and 2 which is 110% covered. no possible issues is a good thing. The walls are drained and buff beamed so damage taken on walls isn't ever going to be an issue.
-The way your wall is, isn't 100%. Iv gotten quite a few game messages and PM's about it. Safer to just do 3 and 2.

The northeast sharkman issue. The key to it is this: Place your aura so that when its 3 star its effective edge is a few feet from the crystal. When you check the opposite side of the electric aura, you'll notice it reaches around the corner. Place your gas trap so that its effetive edge goes around the corner slightly as well, yet make it so that the electric aura's range is farther then the gas traps effective range. I had that NE get charged once so i had to figure out why. same goes for the opposite side.

on the dragon pet! Go with the seahorse. Mine does 1.1 millionX6 Thats what you call trash clearing power... that and it obliterates ogres.

Nice feedback.

stress testing. Solo +3 AFK wave 23 MIX MODE complete. i didn't wipe, will continue till i do. ill edit if i get to something post 25.

3 AFks is a lot of baggage on mix.

died on 26.. we'll call him "MEGA GOLDFISH" ate my crystal. he went through the snared electric and had a fireball and harpoon trained on him the whole time and he still whacked my crystal. heh. Easily prevented had Non AFK players been in my game.

^ Shouldn't ever happen solo or even duo. mob scaling for "Players Added" seems to be higher in this zone.