[GUIDE] Aquanos Survival Solo + Wave 30

I have like 2600 aura range or so, and that is about the point where you need to place aura's before you place buffbeams or stuff will not fit.

Buddha_3338 if you are using the fireball + harpoons build you really should run a dps monk. since their are only 2 harpoons in the entire build. If you are using the all harpoon build honestly what are u gaining 50-100k dps per active harpoon due to having a useless character out ? Their are not enough harpoons to make up for the massive dps loss not using a monk is costing. Also the most important thing about this build is the hero killing the ogres. IF you kill the ogres, the build can handle EVERYTHING else. If you don't kill the ogres, a shark might charge and you lose, or a goldfish eats u. Hero killing the ogres is a huge portion of making this build work. Like for example my Fireballs do 370k dps per. So if a ogre is beating at the south wall with 40m hp. Just assuming fireball damage it will take 54 seconds to kill the ogre. That is way to long and is even more compounded if more than 1 ogre is at the same wall which can happen south as ogres get stuck on piles of gassed mobs, and take awhile before they can actually make it to the wall.

Note i said monk, and kandar's original post also says monk. A barbarian is only good if you can 1 shot ogres via hawkstance which if your builder is only 2200 damage, i do not think you have that kind of gear. Overall your stats are probally ok, if you switch to a seahorse in the 15k damage range, and equip a monk with your barbarians gear, you will be able to progress farther. Just remember the key rule your hero is not there to kill anything but ogres, stay under STR drains, and kill ogres as they reach your walls.

so that's the key. I've been going for the trash mobs behind because I was worried about the sharken

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah delta you can clear out the piles in the back, the only issues you will have is that str drains, might not extend far enough back. + the way ogres are spaced out on aquanos should give u time to hit hero boost the second it hits the wall, kill it. drop hero boost. Then wait till next ogre reaches another wall. While toggling tower boost to repair aura's as needed or for more extra dps if 2 ogres come back to back because an ogre got stuck on a gas pile.

You will know if you have enough hero dps for this build by seeing if you can kill an Ogre before the next one spawns (ideal situation), I generally get to around wave 25 before I ever have more than 1 ogre out at a time and I would say thats about the benchmark wave for hero DPS to complete to wave 30 - Ogres go from 25mil hp to 41mil waves 25-30 solo on non-mix.

Tower boost is effective, not really for the extra DPS to the ogre, but for the extra DPS from Elec Auras (iirc mine is hitting for around 23k hero boosted), that really helps clear whatever is in the gas traps

Is it mandatory to have someone babysit top or at least an afk with a dps pet? Because whenever I leave it alone longer then a 20s it gets DESTROYED by spiders, they instantly get behind the two turrets, start webbing/killing them and if i'm not there to kill them it's over.

Is it mandatory to have someone babysit top or at least an afk with a dps pet? Because whenever I leave it alone longer then a 20s it gets DESTROYED by spiders, they instantly get behind the two turrets, start webbing/killing them and if i'm not there to kill them it's over.

What is the top? if you mean the North, it shouldn't be an issue if you position your towers correctly.. also its covered by an electric aura which should burn down those spiders before they can do any real damage.

Same with south. They will be burned down by electric aura or the harpoon.

Maybe you mean the alternate build..

For the alternate build, you MUST have a player there if an ogre is at the blockade, otherwise, no spiders will flank your towers. If they do, you have your stuff positioned improperly and need to adjust it so that it doesn't happen. If spiders are running past your blockade, you need to position it better.

What is the top? if you mean the North, it shouldn't be an issue if you position your towers correctly.. also its covered by an electric aura which should burn down those spiders before they can do any real damage.

Same with south. They will be burned down by electric aura or the harpoon.

Maybe you mean the alternate build..

For the alternate build, you MUST have a player there if an ogre is at the blockade, otherwise, no spiders will flank your towers. If they do, you have your stuff positioned improperly and need to adjust it so that it doesn't happen. If spiders are running past your blockade, you need to position it better.

Oh I was using an older version, didn't notice you updated it again. Yea I mean't north, where you used to have the turret/fireball in front of the purple portal outside of electric aura range. I'll try switching to your newer version, that looks like it handles spiders much better.

Lolofaf the short answer is no. The electric aura's exist to stop sharks, the lightning towers in the positions you have them don't do that. Thus they are worthless.

list of bad things u did
10Du wall in south makes no sense, use 8du it works.
1 5DU wall mid has problems in that ogres can float the pot, and own u. use a 3du and a 2du
Not sure if you actually need an ensnare mid for nonmix, you might be able to get away with it.
All lightning towers are bad,if you really really really liked lightning tower north put it on beam between the 2 walls.
Lightning tower south does nothing for you. It wont hit much beside ogres, it wont stop sharks.
But the main Problem. North West needs a gas trap, with your build u got sharked and lost.
Also It seems like u have the inferno south posionted to hurt stuff on your walls, which is no good. Ogres should be only thing that can reach walls.

I've tried most your your builds and updates. But the latest primary build seems less effective than this one:
http://ddplanner.com/?l=6039,old-kandar-aquanos-mix-mode-733

Especially the North with the 3 fireballs. Maybe I was out of luck but i had 2 ogres on each wall and the fireballs could not handle it at wave 26 (even with me beside).

Thanks to the older build I have been farming aquanos a lot without any problem even with 1 or 2 afk players (3 AFK at wave 19 to farm the seahorse) sitting at the forge (and eventually getting killed lol)

Moving the FB to the ledge is great because they can shoot at the gas trapped stuff and prevent clogging (clogging can result in charges). The old build can't do anything about clogging.

The only difficulty for me was to get the FBs placed out of ogre reach.
Anyways ogres fall to my >250^ seahorse in no more than 10 seconds.

All you need to do currently is have a monkey or seahorse guard the south crystal from goldfish.

I've tried most your your builds and updates. But the latest primary build seems less effective than this one:
http://ddplanner.com/?l=6039,old-kandar-aquanos-mix-mode-733

Especially the North with the 3 fireballs. Maybe I was out of luck but i had 2 ogres on each wall and the fireballs could not handle it at wave 26 (even with me beside).

Thanks to the older build I have been farming aquanos a lot without any problem even with 1 or 2 afk players (3 AFK at wave 19 to farm the seahorse) sitting at the forge (and eventually getting killed lol)

i don't ever expect those fireballs to be able to handle a 50 million HP ogre.. It just isn't happening. A player with a good searhorse can wipe out a 50 million HP ogre in just a few seconds. it will take a fire ball or army of fireball towers forever. Simply put, if you have two ogres against the blockades north, you need to take them out, not the fireball towers.

Those fireball towers are to hold attention of ogres until you get there and keep the corners clear of trash. Also the ogres shouldn't be able to attack the fireball towers. position them properly and you wont have any issues.

There isn't enough DU to setup to kill ogres with 50 million HP (4 player) so it requires players to help by killing ogres or killing trash behind them because to do both would take an insane amount of DU.

Electric aura's range and consistency. Electric aura scales about the same as an inferno but as a larger range and its much easier to catch the edge of it with a buff beam. An inferno may be 4 DU and almost the same damage but you have to keep it closer to your defenses or extend your buff beams to get the same area of coverage.

This ends up putting electric auras ahead.

Electric doesn't require a trigger. its always on no matter what (except for immune mobs obviously) Explosives require a trigger every second to be optimal. but they're also only 3 DU instead of 5. So there is value in having explosive traps but only when its required. Example if i had 1 extra DU i could trade an electric aura for two explosives. That would be valid in some situations if i could find at least one of the two locations to place them that had buff beams to reach. explosives also have reduced damage as you get farther from the center so ideally they're out a little bit further then you would place an electric or inferno.

Explosives will work where there is very high traffic (tons of stuff) and a buff beam to reach far out. otherwise, its just smarter to go with an electric aura.

Electric aura's range and consistency. Electric aura scales about the same as an inferno but as a larger range and its much easier to catch the edge of it with a buff beam. An inferno may be 4 DU and almost the same damage but you have to keep it closer to your defenses or extend your buff beams to get the same area of coverage.

This ends up putting electric auras ahead.

Electric doesn't require a trigger. its always on no matter what (except for immune mobs obviously) Explosives require a trigger every second to be optimal. but they're also only 3 DU instead of 5. So there is value in having explosive traps but only when its required. Example if i had 1 extra DU i could trade an electric aura for two explosives. That would be valid in some situations if i could find at least one of the two locations to place them that had buff beams to reach. explosives also have reduced damage as you get farther from the center so ideally they're out a little bit further then you would place an electric or inferno.

Explosives will work where there is very high traffic (tons of stuff) and a buff beam to reach far out. otherwise, its just smarter to go with an electric aura.

thanks for that.

Also buff beams affect both dmg and rate on electric auras, but only dmg on inferno. Because of this I had more dps with a buffed electric aura with 1.5k dmg than an inferno with 2.3k dmg.

Good build!

Obviously I positioned FB wrong, they kept getting hit by ogres.
I died on 23; so I did better than I thought. I only lost cuz I think I got hit by a golden kob or something and my defense could not hold out for the duration.

You REALLY have to manually take down those ogres!

EDIT: 3 trans and four crappy seahorses. would have been nice to at least get a powerful horse :/

Yeah. Those ogres have 50 million HP with 4 players~ You cannot depend on towers to take them down.. I'm sure you could rig up a build to do it but it would come at a cost.

Got a bit further. It's always something, I was insta killed on 26 by something, a charging sharken perhaps?
not so impressed by the loot. Could be the RNG.

I had a heck of a time in the NE with sharken, upon further review, I need to push out the elec aura further to cover them more.

On 26 single player, Ogres were spawning at about 35m HP. JEEPERS! I farmed a better seahorse on insane than the one I have, so hurray for taking down orgres. BOOO for days of mana farming to upgrade it :(

I've gotten as far as I can with this build and my hero's stats. I can easily start on wave 18 and get horses without upgrading anything passed 3^. If I start sooner I can get fully upped by 17 or 18 and make it to 26. After that my north area just gets crushed by slow moving fish and other trash while I'm dealing with ogres. I'm guessing I just need to get my trap reset and aura damage up to deal with it.

Good build, as usual!

Goldfish are problematic in mix mode for both north and south. Trying to stop a 10+ million HP Fish isn't all that easy without high stats.

I'd like to come up with another solution that doesn't require electric or inferno but that would be asking too much of projectile towers.

We need to petition Trendy to add another 5 DU to Aquanos. The zone is just plain huge... with multiple lanes heading to each Crystal. Just 5 DU would make such a world of a difference. At least bareable.

On another note...

A lot of people are using AFK Characters. I dont have an Xbox or Xbox controller... does that "Better Xbox Emulator" thing work for plain mouse-keyboard users? I would post in that thread, but it doesnt seem to get nearly the amount of traffic that this one does. And a few people in this thread mentioned they use AFK characters. I like using the mouse and keyboard.... I simply want to be able to hit a hot key and take control of an AFK toon. Does the program do that?

use the "better xbox emulator" thread.

you use F1 through 4 to select characters and controll them normally on your keyboard.

Latest primary build is quite great. Was finally able to win NMHCSV on solo. Previous builds had problems with sharkens. Though I also realized to use high damage seahorse with rage, which seemed help very much by killing ogres fast.