Message to players

okay so, :squire:,:monk:,:huntress:,:apprentice:,:initiate:,:countess:,:hunter:,:barbarian:,:series: and :adept:'s

part 4 is going to introduce another enemy, its most likely going to make you have to change your builds again, depending on the mechanic you might think THIS THING IS OP and it may be when first released, but, for :kraken:'s sake instead of the hate:demon: mongering, emotional threats to developers about the "fun" being removed or that they'll never play again or even the game being broken:kobold:, how about coming up with idea's to improve:djinn: them.

frankly i'm surprised the devs put up with most of the community and don't just leave the game in the dust, 80% of people react so badly to everything, come on guys constructive criticism its not that hard.

all the sha:sharken:rken needed was the charge time increase, little reduction in range and the thing in the next update 7.30c tower targeting like the :djinn:

hope someone actually listens to this but hey.

inb4 flame

frankly i'm surprised the devs put up with most of the community and don't just leave the game in the dust, 80% of people react so badly to everything, come on guys constructive criticism its not that hard.

Yeah, because the devs care about people *****ing and moaning. Anyone *****ing has already paid. And most constructive criticism is met with the same response as *****ing: silence and the occasional nerf.

There is plenty of constructive criticism and good suggestions on the forum. But just like some players will rage and post nonconstructive feedback, which helps no one and makes them look a bit silly, some players will post call-out threads telling the community to stop whining, which helps no one and, well, you see where I'm going with this.

Devs put up with it?

Dude, it's called a business. Owners hire people to do jobs. They've made millions. If the devs don't like it they fire them and hire new ones. It's called a job.

Trendy isn't trying to create art. They're trying to make money. They just think that adding new challenges makes them money. Trendy is quite happy to have thousands of whiny players, they'd like 10,000s more of them. As long as they keep paying, what people post on the forum is pretty much irrelevant. It's just useful information for them to make more money. The PC platform is the test bed for mobile/xbox/ps3. This is all just market research. The devs don't go home and cry trust me. No one is getting their feelings hurt. The devs have no trouble at all cashing their paycheck.

okay so, :squire:,:monk:,:huntress:,:apprentice:,:initiate:,:countess:,:hunter:,:barbarian:,:series: and :adept:'s

part 4 is going to introduce another enemy, its most likely going to make you have to change your builds again, depending on the mechanic you might think THIS THING IS OP and it may be when first released, but, for :kraken:'s sake instead of the hate:demon: mongering, emotional threats to developers about the "fun" being removed or that they'll never play again or even the game being broken:kobold:, how about coming up with idea's to improve:djinn: them.

all the sha:sharken:rken needed was the charge time increase, little reduction in range and the thing in the next update 7.30c tower targeting like the :djinn:

hope someone actually listens to this but hey.

inb4 flame

Agreed 100%, alltough fitty is right too, but yea they care the money and thats the payback for hours of work(my guess, is not like the turn on the pc do some figures on paint, press a click and then walla dd patch) alot of work on the back and invest too since they need TI, steam pay and other stuff. Before think this is a game, this is a business, yes ofc they care of pple that pay, thats logical, but we dont care about that, we just pay for a game that we like (nobody is forcing us to pay). In some modes trendy does force yoy (like nm and etc) but overall u get what u pay, and for me the game worth the 30$ that i paid so far. So stop *****, u qq about shark and he got nerfed but he need a bit of buff to be real balanced and represent a new level of dificulty (that was meant to be) and keep improving. Sometimes we(the community in general) get mad about changes, but its normal happen in everysingle game, then we realize that the "change" makes the game more challenging and interesting (agree shark needed to be balanced, it is now actually). So i dont think TE cares much about the whine, if they are gamers they know what im talking about.

While some people did over-react, Trendy is releasing paid content which breaks the game. We're being treated like beta testers rather than paying customers. That is enough to make anybody a bit annoyed. And when that new content breaks large portions of the game until they bring it in line with everything else, its even more frustrating.

Anyone reasonable knows its not realistic to expect they to balance everything perfectly before they put it out. But they are constantly making VERY LARGE (% wise) changes. While it is good they are attempting to fix things, the fact that such large changes to mechanics are necessary means that they were deeply flawed in the first place. So I ask that you take that in mind when you read people bemoaning the fall of DD due to this or that. It comes from a place of genuine frustration.

And implying that these feelings are invalid because people aren't trying hard enough, or in nsih's case, that they are just complaining for spite, just exacerbates things. It is one thing to disagree, and it is another to attempt to dismiss the validity of complaints completely.

Also, Trendy is hardly "putting up" with anything. They are being paid (in advance in the case of Shards 'preorder') to do this work. And while some of these complaints are over the top, there are hundreds of large, game-altering patch notes that go to show that this sort of feedback matters.

80% of the players? 32% of percentages are made up so....

Anyways, the reason people are flipping out is simple. It's because they CARE. If nobody cared, that would be something to worry about. People have grown into this game and over night it changed...and I mean it changed. I hate to say it but movable defenses makes the game something different...probably more so than anyone thought, and 80% of players don't like the change.

Sorry, but Trendy has continually released content that breaks the game followed by a flurry of patches attempting to fix the problem. There is a very large lack of testing before release. But testing isn't just for bugs, what if they are releasing content that makes the game less fun? They don't want to do that. Well guess what, moving your towers around in a tower defense game that requires precise placement is not fun.

Kind of like playing against a land destruction deck in MTG. If you know that game then you know that land destruction hasn't been viable in a loooong time.

Phase out the boring/frustrating/fun-sucking aspects of the game, or better yet do some testing and don't throw them into your product in the first place.

Myself along with many other players have been begging Trendy to change their ways since January of this year as our friends continue to drop off the DD list. Well guess what, now we are just leaving ourselves. No harm to us, but unfortunately TE is going to see less and less DLC purchase.

See their is one big problem with the sharken, they are slowly balancing it so they will be easy to lockdown and then they are no more threatening than an Orc. Their ability needs big changes so the sole purpose of the Sharken isnt to cause instant failure if they suceed in their charge. With the sharkens ability as it is they have to be either an easily stopped and therefore pointless mob or a regular game ruiner when the suceed, their can be no middle ground without big changes to their mechanics.

I dont want an OP gamebreaking enemy but I also dont want a pointless easily stopped enemy with no value.

I agree with nsih197, but still there are some major issues that have to be fixed. Hopefully they gonna be patched soon with 7.30c.
I'm little mad at kraken boss, it still looks like OP to me, but maybe cause, the team i was playing didn't fully understand what has to be done.

BTW. I love the new challenge that came along with Qftles part3, would like to see more such in future.

Devs put up with it?

Dude, it's called a business. Owners hire people to do jobs. They've made millions. If the devs don't like it they fire them and hire new ones. It's called a job.

Trendy isn't trying to create art. They're trying to make money. They just think that adding new challenges makes them money. Trendy is quite happy to have thousands of whiny players, they'd like 10,000s more of them. As long as they keep paying, what people post on the forum is pretty much irrelevant. It's just useful information for them to make more money. The PC platform is the test bed for mobile/xbox/ps3. This is all just market research. The devs don't go home and cry trust me. No one is getting their feelings hurt. The devs have no trouble at all cashing their paycheck.

Some of what you say is true: everyone who is complaining about specific content has already paid for it. You're wrong about TE not caring. I'm a different kind of programmer (I do web apps), but when I've made a mistake and things break, you can bet I do care. Passion isn't limited to things that are pretty, and beauty is not limited to things that are aesthetically appealing.

If TE just cared about money, they would **** out something like Minecraft.

Said it the last time this argument came up, but people seem to forget that Trendy is an indie developer, not a mega-monolith cranking out billions.

Do they want profit? Of course they do, everyone does. But saying they made this game, and the fact that they continually update, support, and interact with the community is all for the sake of a paycheck is the most naive statement I've heard anyone make.

Not everyone in the world is out to get you. Being cynical only makes you unable to enjoy things for what they are. Calm down, you're not the most important person in the world, and not everyone is going to get on their knees hoping to please you.