Which level packs should I look at getting?

Just got this game for mac after playing on my droid. Haven't played in a while so these new packs/items/classes are all new to me.

What level packs would get me the most bang for my buck?
-Should I get the 3 part map pack, or is it better to get the individuals?
-I'm more interested in new loot opportunities, I really enjoyed playing apprentice and hunter on my droid, so any maps with good gear for those classes. Along those lines, are the new high level quality goods limited to certain levels, or can they drop on any level on NM?
-What about level packs to grind on?
-Also, what about character packs? Should I get the one with 4 new classes or get the individuals given my preference for hunter/apprentice?

Thanks for the help

None right now. Wait until we see what happens with Sharken. Right now i do not think it would be possible to progress and get the gear needed without a full group of dedicated players.

-Should I get the 3 part map pack, or is it better to get the individuals?

If you're going to buy the maps, get the entire pack as you get a discount and early access to nightmare difficulty in addition to a few bonuses. That being said, I can't imagine it being easy to break into nightmare at this point in development (still in beta) since many people have gotten their gear before the addition of enemies like the sharken and djinn. One enemy pushes your towers and the other removes them completely.

-I'm more interested in new loot opportunities, I really enjoyed playing apprentice and hunter on my droid, so any maps with good gear for those classes. Along those lines, are the new high level quality goods limited to certain levels, or can they drop on any level on NM?

Pretty sure the higher qualities can drop on any level provided you grind your way into nightmare survival, which is extremely difficult if you can't break in nightmare to begin with.

-What about level packs to grind on?

New aquanos map in the complete shards dlc gives lots of experience on insane.

-Also, what about character packs? Should I get the one with 4 new classes or get the individuals given my preference for hunter/apprentice?

If you're going buy one of the dlc classes, go with the barbarian for dps and series EV for defensive play. EV's walls and buff beam are fantastic to have. The four pack is just a reskinning of the original 4 classes with minor speed changes.

I've seen a lot about Sharken, what exactly is it?

Sharken is a new mob. Can be challenging unless you know how to tackle it. Gas trap and ensnare aura works well.

I wouldn't say buy them all.

The one that I'd say you most definitely SHOULD get is the Eternia Shards Complete pack. It comes with the first 3 parts, pre-orders part 4 for you, comes with 2 extra mission packs, and it's all at a discount.

Anything other than that you can join without owning. If you're looking to HOST games though, I'd probably recommend the Warping Core, Halloween, and City in the Cliffs maps. The Christmas map can be VERY challenging, and there's a lot of dislike out there for the Valentines and Thanksgiving maps. President's day is only a PVP map, but it does have some funny skins if you're into that sort of thing.

For non-map packs, Series EV is very good. Barbarian can take a bit of time to get awesome, but they're very useful once you've gotten it off the ground. The New Heroes is just gender swaps with new skills of the original 4 classes, but many people use them because they're pretty awesome.

IN A NUTSHELL: Eternia Shards Complete is so worth it that it's almost mandatory. Halloween and City in the Cliffs are both cool that you can't get anywhere else. For non-map DLC, Series EV, New Heroes, and Barbarian are all good, but if you had to pick only one, it should probably be EV.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I went ahead and got the complete dlc, now just need to grind some levels.