[GUIDE] How to kill the big fish

Sorry to say Kandar but your build doesn't work. Tried it multiple times.
The 2 walls where you fight the boss get pushed away by the boss when you are dead (which happens very often).
Then once in a while an ogre gets through and starts to bash your crystal.
So in fact, the walls there have absolutely no purpose and can be used to increase dps with harpoons and a snare aura on the other path.

There are no ogres while the kraken is up. As I said, I had the walls and harps from mid in one big pile in a corner, and still no mobs got anywhere near the crystal for 40 minutes straight.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to say Kandar but your build doesn't work. Tried it multiple times.
The 2 walls where you fight the boss get pushed away by the boss when you are dead (which happens very often).
Then once in a while an ogre gets through and starts to bash your crystal.
So in fact, the walls there have absolutely no purpose and can be used to increase dps with harpoons and a snare aura on the other path.

Lol, yes it doens't work. you're totally right.

quit getting rolled by the boss. setting up 10 extra blockades as fodder for when you keep dying isn't something i plan to do. he is yet to ever kill me.

I have by no means to offend you in any way, your guides are always very thought through and helpful.

I changed the layout to this: http://ddplanner.com/?l=4782,kandars-campain-modified

So i removed the walls and increased the focussed dps by adding harpoons.

Inferno is removed to make the fight visually somewhat easier in that area.
Healing also removed, the heal wasn't enough. (maybe my stats)

With the ensare on the other path and the increased dps not 1 mob/orge comes near the crystal and you have plenty of time to fight the boss. Between the deaths you will have to repair in the area where you fight.

Did it with a slightly modified build.. mostly this, but no healing aura, instead an extra electric aura in the middle, and some other stuff moved around..

i squire tanked it, had 3 dps monks,, 1 clearing lanes all the time, 1 always on the tentacles/boss, and one going back and forth..

not gonna lie, still a difficult fight, but i think i learned a few things that would make it much much easier in the future

Lol, yes it doens't work. you're totally right.

quit getting rolled by the boss. setting up 10 extra blockades as fodder for when you keep dying isn't something i plan to do. he is yet to ever kill me.

not everyone has the huge stats you mentioned earlier and access to the best monkeys in the game. i was only able to obtain 3 and have to use the best of what i got.

There are no ogres while the kraken is up. As I said, I had the walls and harps from mid in one big pile in a corner, and still no mobs got anywhere near the crystal for 40 minutes straight.

no ogres during kraken fight? are we going the same map?

Swae: Yes there was a patch where there were no ogres during boss fight. Now there are.

Build updated. OP updated with a Video of a kill.

video should be ready in a few minutes if it isn't already.

Can u tell me the stats of ur monk and its weapon?

I do 14000 Dam with my retri per single multi - shot hit.

2000 Hero Damage.

Did this with gyles I believe above,

I just hero boosted with a monkey and span around teh boss (using a nos) avoiding stuff as much as poss. Died a few times but soon as ya get it tents off you can do ~50mil dmg if your prepared.

its a carpet beater 296^ from Uber Death From Above. has 27k(ish) ranged attack. i'm not in game at the moment for exact numbers.

its roughly the same damage as a NOS at ranged. but does more up close. Also it has stats that are far superior to a Myth NOS.. I haven't seen any trans / supreme nos yet.

Holy Crap I did it. Thanks alot Kandar for this guide, you're Awesome :)

Leaderboard said it took me 27 minutes to do. I wish I had started it on HC cuz I didnt die once :)

All you have to do is circle straff him, he cant hit you and let you uber pet do all the work, when he goes down I enabled Blood Rage and beat the crap out of him.

My DPS stats...http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578955190047939358/20F3AA22D2FBE13E4BF9401665A907EE81955D92/

My Pet, I got this from Insane Survival...http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578955190047925998/D08BFD3F8FCC989CFCBD871E8D05CC4792A8948F/

and with Blood Rage on...http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578955190047914983/581AAE472FF7CC9AA1ADEBB1035415530E878AD9/

My reward w/ 15 ups :( ...http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578955190047954152/C9C66A3180A42969AAA07A84E9C52F6CF61F46B5/

This is me :) http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578955190047931245/B8E876197FBC2D6B74FC3D0457D99AF85B76811A/

Thanks again Kandar.

Just cleared it solo with this build. Getting a Seahorse from Insane HC Surv made the difference I needed, it really is an extremely powerful pet. It can't aim worth ****, though.

can someone help me in beating him its always a sharken breaking thru or an ogre busting things up can help with dps monk or countess with a seahorse my traps and monk stats are about 1k SID: Diablo2050

nvm joined a group where someone just came and build it for us and we dpsed the boss , we died alot though but was fun

There is a circular rooftop near the forge area. You can run around that rooftop, just leading the boss around in loops as much as you need. This is great to buy someone time as their partner runs to get mana, repair, replace walls, etc...

Oh yeah, I did it! Solo'd as well.

Took a few tries to learn how to dodge most of the boss' attack but I got it in the end. Used my own build, but it kinda similar to Kandar's. But for the mid section I placed out the wall at bit further, since I had very low hero HP boss tended to one shot me everything I got hit with anything and that way the boss would just hack away on the wall (and doing some very weird movement). Might help someone else with similar problems!

Would an inferno trap in the healing aura where you fight the kraken hit the tentacles also?

I haven't seen a single tower do damage to the kraken. Far as i know its a hero kill boss.

It would obstruct your view on the boss as well. Even if it'd work, and inferno would be working against you more than for you. ^^

Ah, got'cha. Appreciate it. I've followed the build and such, but something always seems to push the wall in the SE area. Perhaps I need to send my traps out more. Just nervous about djinn desummoning.

If you play as a Series EV/Huntress its damn fun to strafe around the kraken with a flamethrower weapon. I used a fully upgraded 230^ Everflame of the nautilus which is the best flamethrower since it deals physical dmg. Deals alot of dmg and fast and its AOE so will dmg all tentacles no matter where i was around it. Didnt succed though but nearly got him gonna try again when i have more time

I'm a big fan of the drill laser weapons. Short range, but the AoE bubbles are sweet. Might try that on Kraken next time.