Are accessories suppose to be this expensive to upgrade?

WOW WTF well at 9th upgrade on mine (also last upgrade) cost 7 mil... more than my pet at about 40!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if that is intentional. I mean, it is a whole new item slot, and additional stats on top of all of your armor. If you have a 200 up piece of armor, think of this as the 201st up. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if that is intentional. I mean, it is a whole new item slot, and additional stats on top of all of your armor. If you have a 200 up piece of armor, think of this as the 201st up. :)

Except no. Even on my armor with 300+^ it isn't near that expensive. Not even worth it to put money into.

Working as intended as a mana sink, since it is expected that Everyone in the game has a couple billion in mana tokens laying around. That means you, the casual player.

The casual player is probably smart enough not to upgrade their accessories until they've upgraded every other item they own.

Seriously, this is bonus points on top of everything else you're wearing. It doesn't matter how expensive it is, since you can complete everything in the game without accessories, so all they do is make things you can already do (that get you mana) easier, and should never be the difference between if you win or lose a map (unlike traditional gear slots). I mean look at how small the numbers on them are, they aren't meant to be a primary source of stat points.

Working as intended as a mana sink, since it is expected that Everyone in the game has a couple billion in mana tokens laying around. That means you, the casual player.

Lol

word limit.

The casual player is probably smart enough not to upgrade their accessories until they've upgraded every other item they own.

Seriously, this is bonus points on top of everything else you're wearing. It doesn't matter how expensive it is, since you can complete everything in the game without accessories, so all they do is make things you can already do (that get you mana) easier, and should never be the difference between if you win or lose a map (unlike traditional gear slots). I mean look at how small the numbers on them are, they aren't meant to be a primary source of stat points.

I get that, but why even have upgrades at all? Just leave them at 1/1.

Has anyone found a good accessory yet? It seems like all of these are very low on stats and very expensive to upgrade.

Would you genuinely be happier if you couldn't upgrade them at all, than if upgrades were expensive?

At least this way there's something to spend all that mana that drops on, rather than just pouring it into tokens that sit there and don't really accomplish anything for you anyway.

It's just something for people who have nothing left to buy to spend mana on.

Every game economy needs a currency sink. Trendy is trying to get people to have to spend millions on something else than mana tokens. Shift the economy around a little bit so that the new players who don't even know what tokens are might be able to buy something for once (since there will be less tokens, people will be sinking that into accessories instead).

Every game economy needs a currency sink. Trendy is trying to get people to have to spend millions on something else than mana tokens. Shift the economy around a little bit so that the new players who don't even know what tokens are might be able to buy something for once (since there will be less tokens, people will be sinking that into accessories instead).

This game needs a currency sink. It's called a bank. Not tokens. Not "accessories".

This game needs a currency sink. It's called a bank. Not tokens. Not "accessories".

I think you are missing the point. A currency sink actually destroys the currency. Its not there for later use. Right now, for people who have their gear upgraded all the way. There are no currency sinks. They store all their mana into tokens for later use (granted they lose 20% of it, they found a way to circumvent the limits). If you can access the currency later, it is not a sink. Accessories currently upgrade for obscene amounts but do not gain an obscene resell value like weapons do. Thus, the currency is actually destroyed (a real currency sink). This will help deflate the economy (or at least, that is the goal) so that newer players will have an easier time.

let me guess they were glasses ;D

Well you would know, wouldn't you? ;)

But i'd figure i'd put that one out there, just in case people weren't sure what the later upgrades scaled up to.

thaaaaaats definitely only 1.5 billion myster2...

anyway, i just found some cuffs on NM magus wave 10. 7 levels, best stat was tower attack speed, at 3 ;p

(This post is my personal opinion: Taking the moderator hat off for a moment)
[QUOTE]Has anyone found a good accessory yet? It seems like all of these are very low on stats and very expensive to upgrade. [/QUOTE]Having 2-3 new item slots that could have the same amount of stats as all the previous items would probably break things pretty bad. Just saying. :p

Even with the current upgrade costs, they don't cost as much as other items to upgrade to maximum.