Suggestion to improve sharken playability

And this is cool for solo people right :S

Exactly, I have an EV waller, but to get to the 1900 tower HP I previously needed for mistymire survival (god only knows what I'd need now :( ) I had to take so many negs in player HP and player damage that even on easy I'd die in just a few hits. It basically limits us to only hybrid characters, and it's hard enough finding decent gear when you are only concerned with tower stats, finding gear with positive stats in towers and player HP/DMG is next to impossible, especially since it seems items have a minimum 3 negs at the moment (not even counting neg armor).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, I have an EV waller, but to get to the 1900 tower HP I previously needed for mistymire survival (god only knows what I'd need now :( ) I had to take so many negs in player HP and player damage that even on easy I'd die in just a few hits. It basically limits us to only hybrid characters, and it's hard enough finding decent gear when you are only concerned with tower stats, finding gear with positive stats in towers and player HP/DMG is next to impossible, especially since it seems items have a minimum 3 negs at the moment (not even counting neg armor).

Well said sir, well said!
Gear progression is hard enough, let alone the prospect of needing a full hybrid set.

Strange the beta team did not come up with this. I think they all got 5000+ stats during testing, reporting back "product approved, we finally had to be at the keyboard" :)

congrats trendy - unless you admit you broke a game that was great the way it was - you've lost another customer... Although I suppose you don't care, as you've already got your money from me.

And to the players who are clearly noobs saying "sharken is easy, doesn't get near defenses". Um... more hp than warriors, almost as fast while charging. When said hp is as high as 1-2mil on the kind of nm survival maps the high end players use - it spells certain doom for your builds. Running around repairing the havok warriors wreaked on your towers was fun enough... when they are moved completely its pretty much an insta kill. (high end play).

Tell you what trendy - I'll give you the solution for free: Make Sharks a really cool enemy that charge your defenses and deliever incredible damage to the walls and towers. Dont let them move them. Nobody will blame you, and this was meant to be a kind of beta-stage of the qftles parts anyway.. fix the mistake and win back respect from your community. Sharkens should pound defenses to hell, but NOT move them. Make a sticky thread poll and you'll see that by a margin of at least 80% I think players will agree - sharken should stay in game, but NOT move defenses.

Otherwise I'm actually willing to stop playing this great game. Perhaps you can release a pre-sharken version for those of us who liked it the way it was?

congrats trendy - unless you admit you broke a game that was great the way it was - you've lost another customer... Although I suppose you don't care, as you've already got your money from me.

And to the players who are clearly noobs saying "sharken is easy, doesn't get near defenses". Um... more hp than warriors, almost as fast while charging. When said hp is as high as 1-2mil on the kind of nm survival maps the high end players use - it spells certain doom for your builds. Running around repairing the havok warriors wreaked on your towers was fun enough... when they are moved completely its pretty much an insta kill. (high end play).

Tell you what trendy - I'll give you the solution for free: Make Sharks a really cool enemy that charge your defenses and deliever incredible damage to the walls and towers. Dont let them move them. Nobody will blame you, and this was meant to be a kind of beta-stage of the qftles parts anyway.. fix the mistake and win back respect from your community. Sharkens should pound defenses to hell, but NOT move them. Make a sticky thread poll and you'll see that by a margin of at least 80% I think players will agree - sharken should stay in game, but NOT move defenses.

Otherwise I'm actually willing to stop playing this great game. Perhaps you can release a pre-sharken version for those of us who liked it the way it was?

Good god, you spammed this post here also?

sorry.. :-(

my feelings on the issue were the same, so I thought I'd use the same reply... i didnt intend it as spam. My apologies.

Great idea.

On a side note: the suggestions forum would be the correct place for this... but I guess Trendy almost never looks/responds there.

Dear AusSkiller,

If this "fix" gets added to the game that will mean that the apprantice can actually be very helpful indeed, using overcharge would get things back in place real fast :).

anyhow 1 way or another there should be something added to "repair or fix" what the shakens have done, selling all your towers and rebuilding them (not possible especially if playing solo) is just rather frustrating and not much fun.

also for this fix Treny can also use a timer so that you have limited time to get the towers back in place, meaning the player still have to be very much active to react fast enough.

Yours truly,

Domistroy

Another potential fix would be instead of having the barricades being moved, to have the barricades "Phased Out" for 5 or more seconds then re-appear. Essentially the same effect but may be easier on the coding.

Trendy does indeed look through the Suggestions forum.

Good news for us :)

I agree with the suggestion in the OP but with one small tweak which im sure the programers at trendy would appreciate; simply allow players to move towers, as they can move them when building them. Problem solved, simple case of unlocking an already programmed ability to be available after placement.

I think that would be the ideal solution, as at the moment this "towers moved everywhere" effect borders on game breaking at the very high levels...

Is this something trendy would consider implementing?

Good news for us :)

I agree with the suggestion in the OP but with one small tweak which im sure the programers at trendy would appreciate; simply allow players to move towers, as they can move them when building them. Problem solved, simple case of unlocking an already programmed ability to be available after placement.

I think that would be the ideal solution, as at the moment this "towers moved everywhere" effect borders on game breaking at the very high levels...

Is this something trendy would consider implementing?

+1

then rebuff the horribly nerfed Sharken! :)

I'm going to post a poll thread on the suggestions forum to try to rally support for this - I think its the simplest solution.

I'm not so sure that would be a good idea, it opens up a lot of room for exploitation. Think about it, if you can simply move towers as you see fit then you just need to build a nest of buffed DSTs and move them to face which ever lane has ogres whenever you want. It will remove a lot of the strategy involved in placing towers as you can just move them where ever you want to deal with situations as they come, and in particular this would make many boss fights too much easier. There's also the problem of having to pick up towers then moving somewhere else the placing the tower, and also the wheel command menu that controller users use already looks like it's full so there's no real place to put such actions. It's a good idea but I still prefer mine as it limits the changes to gameplay to only dealing with sharken and doesn't open up a can of worms that may unbalance the game further.

Trendy does indeed look through the Suggestions forum.

Do you have any idea if the developers are considering this or similar suggestions to make the sharken more bearable/fun?

this is by far the best suggestion ive seen involving sharken, everyone wants them to be too easy but this would still cause problems yet be fixable without having to afk a wall toon

this is by far the best suggestion ive seen involving sharken, everyone wants them to be too easy but this would still cause problems yet be fixable without having to afk a wall toon

Exactly, which is how I'd like to see the game play, Trendy please implement this, or at least something similar.

Why not make sharkens charge "through" towers. Any tower it charges through, gets disabled for a certain period of time.

This is like an advanced version of webbing basically, but requires physically being hit by the sharken, where spiders shoot from range.

Why not make sharkens charge "through" towers. Any tower it charges through, gets disabled for a certain period of time.

This is like an advanced version of webbing basically, but requires physically being hit by the sharken, where spiders shoot from range.

I think the idea behind the sharken is to weaken up your defenses for other mobs to get through, having it only weaken them for a period of time wouldn't allow many mobs to get through and make AFKing levels too easy. However if trendy preferred that change then I'd support it :). IMO something that allows you to in some way recover from a sharken attack is really necessary for the game right now, at the moment the sharken are just too crippling if they get through, and completely irrelevant if they don't, which makes them no fun to play against :(.

Been pretty consistently 85%, really hope trendy implement this, or something similar so the sharken matter, without being overpowered.

So wait.. You're still pushing this after they nerfed sharken into trash mobs?

/close thread please.. >.o Sure it'd be nice if they would have done something like this instead. But Trendy has made it clear how they wanted to handle it. And now we have easycakes instead of sharken. There is no need for this change anymore unless they actually make sharken hard again.

So wait.. You're still pushing this after they nerfed sharken into trash mobs?

/close thread please.. >.o Sure it'd be nice if they would have done something like this instead. But Trendy has made it clear how they wanted to handle it. And now we have easycakes instead of sharken. There is no need for this change anymore unless they actually make sharken hard again.

That's what I want, to make them hard again because as is they might as well not exist, the only thing they seem to do is prevent apprentice towers being useful (harpoon piercing guarantees hitting a sharken, fireballs hit the mobs way in front allowing sharken to charge up). If someone from trendy comes out and says something along the lines of "we want sharken to be pointless" then I'll close the thread, but till then I'd rather just believe trendy have been busy and haven't seen this thread yet.

So in your idea...would upgrading the tower instantly move it back or would that be too OP? Assuming it's not 3-star already. I'm not sure if anyone's put any mention to it but I am curious.

Or maybe moving it back at a small extra cost in the upgrade. Like to level 1 would be 150 and level 2 would be 300 and so on.