Possible for 7.30c to not kill buff beams upon djinn desummon buffed tower as well?

* Buff Beams no longer go down when a Tower is pushed out from them (though that specific Tower will lose its buff since it's no longer within the Beam)

Since you're on that section of code anyway...

I feel this is an appropriate time to bring up a recent thread I made, asking if djinn desummoning could no longer cause a cascading failure through buff beams. http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?56076-Any-chance-of-djinn-desummon-not-causing-cascading-failure-via-buff-beams

Can see pages of responses there, but here was my post:

I'm hoping the introduction of buff beams may have unintentionally given djinn too much power. Buff beams are an interesting tower, and a lot of players are starting to use them more in their builds. I hope the dev's can reconsider the current cascading failures caused by djinn desummoning something like an aura.

I get why the buff beam needs to die if something it's buffing dies, as the buff beam has no HP itself.

However, this causes what might be an unintended effect for djinn's desummon ability. Desummon can now effectively take out 6 towers at once, because killing something like an aura has a domino effect now through taking out the buff beam on everything else that's around. If an area was designed around a buff beam, one desummon weakens the area so badly that the whole area can crash just because a djinn managed to desummon an aura.

Does it really need to be this way? Would game balancing be that bad if djinn desummon didn't take out the buff beam?

I'm using buff beams right now, but they're kind of like playing Russian roulette. Especially when playing solo or duo, it's so frustrating to see a long survival round collapse because of this, when you can't be everywhere at once, and in general your build would handle djinn just fine.

you should plan for the djinn wanting to unsummon your things, and be smarter about where you want to put buff beams and how you protect the things that they are buffing.

I don't have this problem often, but if you use buff beams in late survival waves and a djinn unsummons something taking out a buff beam with it, should you may as well throw your keyboard aside because you know you've lost already -- or should you be able to recover? Plaing a large map like Moraggo solo with buff beams, if you lose a buff beam due to a djinn desummoning an aura around a corner, there's not much you can do at that point.

Someone in my other thread said that you should be able to recover from a single aura going down, but if you use buff beams, often you have no shot.

I think it should be left how it is. Buff beams are so powerful they need this downside. An aura will be buffed like any tower or trap placed on it.

Edit: to the post above i have lost buff beams before and even walls and still managed to hold on high wave survival maps on misty and morrago etc. If you react and adapt fast enough or have the right character to handle it, it's not necessarily an auto game lose situation.

My point is that djinn desummoning one aura effectively takes out the whole area, if it's relying in a buff beam. It allows them to effectively desummon an entire area, like 6 towers, in one shot. Perhaps this should be a large risk of using buff beams, but I think there should be some way to recover from it, which there often isn't now.

I don't have this problem often, but if you use buff beams in late survival waves and a djinn unsummons something taking out a buff beam with it, should you may as well throw your keyboard aside because you know you've lost already -- or should you be able to recover? Plaing a large map like Moraggo solo with buff beams, if you lose a buff beam due to a djinn desummoning an aura around a corner, there's not much you can do at that point.

Someone in my other thread said that you should be able to recover from a single aura going down, but if you use buff beams, often you have no shot.

Usually if a buff beam goes down in misty, I buff that area with what ever tower I can make. Whether it's dark traps/ethereal spike traps to extra cades/harpoons.

Upcoming Patch Notes (7.30c)
* Buff Beams no longer go down when a Tower is pushed out from them (though that specific Tower will lose its buff since it's no longer within the Beam)
* Fixed bug where Supreme Full-Set Bonus (36%) was being given to Transcendent Gear (supposed to be 33%)

[Additional Details Forthcoming]

They should make it where sharken don't move walls. They should make them into the new charger where they charge players and leave towers alone.

My point is that djinn desummoning one aura effectively takes out the whole area, if it's relying in a buff beam. It allows them to effectively desummon an entire area, like 6 towers, in one shot. Perhaps this should be a large risk of using buff beams, but I think there should be some way to recover from it, which there often isn't now.

If, in Mario, I fall into a pit of lava, I should totally be allowed to press a button, go back in time 5 seconds, and replay that section, because totally, it's not fair that I'd have to redo the level.

Or in Dota, or in Half-life, or in Quake, or in Tribes, or in anything...

The game is designed around you needing to be aware and protective of these situations. What you're advocating for is the first step to a way to NEVER lose the game almost. Nightmare mode isn't supposed to hold your hand. Learn from your mistakes and try again. I'm sure you'll find a way to prevent these situations from happening.

I think the Djinn need to have line of site in order to desummon. That would be enough of a fix. Too many times they desummon something throught a wall.

[QUOTE]If, in Mario, I fall into a pit of lava, I should totally be allowed to press a button, go back in time 5 seconds, and replay that section, because totally, it's not fair that I'd have to redo the level.[/QUOTE]

Ever play Prince of Persia: Sands of Time? :D

Ever play Prince of Persia: Sands of Time? :D

Lol... I had a feeling someone might bring that up.. Yeah yeah... with the exception of some games that are designed around the premise of not being able to lose. lol.

I died on the new monster fest wave 13 nm, because of 2 buff beams getting punched by a sharken...so thank fuu for this patch ;D

Upcoming Patch Notes (7.30c)
* Fixed bug where Supreme Full-Set Bonus (36%) was being given to Transcendent Gear (supposed to be 33%)

[Additional Details Forthcoming]

They should make it where sharken don't move walls. They should make them into the new charger where they charge players and leave towers alone.

Except that makes them worthless against players who sit behind towers buffing them with guardians.

Then they should do the samething they did with :djinn:. Make gas affect them during a charge or make something else stop them. Because as soon as the djinn came out it was crazy would kill like 4 towers in 10 sec and then they fixed and honestly i love what they did with the djinn. If they can pull another one of them with sharken then i might stay playing the game. If not i'm not and i give up and just wasted 551hrs on a game that would be later destoryed.

Then they should do the samething they did with :djinn:. Make gas affect them during a charge or make something else stop them. Because as soon as the djinn came out it was crazy would kill like 4 towers in 10 sec and then they fixed and honestly i love what they did with the djinn. If they can pull another one of them with sharken then i might stay playing the game. If not i'm not and i give up and just wasted 551hrs on a game that would be later destoryed.

This, I am trying various combinations of traps and auras to stop them but in Monster fests in particular they keep finding places to start up their charge even with the now reduced range, then smashing right through everything and often 1 shotting me in the process. Even if I do survive I then have t spend the entire next build phase trying to patch up missing buff beams, walls and towers that are now out of place and making it impossible to get the full compliment back in the tight pathways of UMF in particular. Even something a simple as Ensnares actually slowing the charge could help a lot.