Ryukaki's "Don't change the Sharken" post-7.30 Campaign Walkthrough.

Alright ladies and Gentlemen, we've had the Sharken for sum total an hour or so, and I love them!

They've made me go back and re-think my defenses, and more importantly, mesh combinations of defenses into a solid block.

Without further to do:

Nightmare Deeper Well:

http://ddplanner.com/?l=3776,nightmare-campaign-deeper-wells-post-sharken

Please read the comments on the page there. I'll be making one for each map :)

Nightmare Foundries:

http://ddplanner.com/?l=3783,nightmare-foundries-post-sharken-campaign

Again, read the comments there. This map was easier than Deeper Well and could be AFK'd save for round 1 if you wanted.

Nightmare Magus Quarters:

http://ddplanner.com/?l=3803,nightmare-magus-quarters-post-sharken-campaign

Read the comments, this map was too easy.

Nightmare Alchemical Lab:

http://ddplanner.com/?l=3818,nightmare-alchemical-lab-post-sharken-campaign

Again, way too easy, even the boss. Check the comments on the page.

Nightmare Servant's Quarters:

http://ddplanner.com/?l=3838,nightmare-servants-quarters-post-sharken-update

Not too hard, just need a DPS hero for it. Took a few tries still.

Nightmare Armory:

http://ddplanner.com/?l=3925,nightmare-armory-post-sharken-update

This one was really easy, just watch for spiders.

Nightmare Hall of Court:

http://ddplanner.com/?l=3940,nightmare-hall-of-court-post-sharken-campaign

Insanely easy, to the point I almost fell asleep twice while playing it and had no problems.

The barriers in the right nests make sharken charge the walls if they don't fall asleep for any reason, but you could remove them.

The ones to the left distract ogres, and Sharken will charge them and smash into the wall and die instantly. If they get too out of place, just move them back.

Nightmare Summit:

http://ddplanner.com/?l=3792,summit-layout-nightmare-post-sharken-campaign

This is the Summit. I managed to beat the boss with this layout, but there are some tough spots you have to deal with with the Djinn and sometimes spiders. Not easy, but not terribly hard.

As always, read the notes.

Stats for my builders are ALL 800/800/800/600 +/- 50 points.

Pardon my ignorance, but what about the 9 spiders behind your defenses?

Edit: I saw your note, but for covering 9 spider spawns this seems extremely light on the rear.

Maybe since he only played for an hour he stopped to post this build at wave 10. What good is a build that isn't tested? Oh right, it isnt...

Yes. Spiders + ogres make this build non-functional unless you have multiple higher-tier DPSers. Guys geared way past what you can acquire from this map.

"Killing them with DPS" was the solution told to us when Djinn were ruining the TOWER aspect of DD, and its no surprise that the sentiment has rolled around again.

lol good luck with that on waves above 20...
builds still need to work till the end of the map and not only the first 10 waves.

Feel free to mix it up a little bit, but I had 0 problems killing the spiders because of their reduced numbers due to Sharken spawns and that even at the last wave only 12 spawn in places where they're not killed by towers/auras, and they spawn 3/4 at a time.

Also, this is only to cover campaign. I'll worry about Survival when I have proper builds for them.

This is all good and fine for a player with 800 range, but what about the NM beginner who only has 150 at most for tower range?

NM Beginners should not have 150 stats-- you need to use gimicks (such as farming wave 1 of Endless Spires) to get your stats up to respectable amounts.

Speaking of ES wave 1, has anyone checked if it is Sharken-less? Could be bad if it isn't... Anyway, at least not everyone is quick to judge the Sharken and Trendy's implementation of them!

For a long time I had 150 range, even till I was starting omf... as a beginner in nightmare range is far from your biggest concern, its like getting points in skills - sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't :P

Previous posters - "What about higher level survival waves"

Unless I am mistaken, this is for the CAMPAIGN not Survival...

I think there were 3 Sharken on wave 1 ES. Honestly though I didn't even notice them on wave 1. I will have to rethink my build though, Sharken definitely increase the difficulty and reduce the effectiveness of my NM ES Build.

So what do you suggest a normal player without 3 800ish stats builders do?

I'm actually fairly sad that they're nerfing them now. I would've liked to have seen your NMHC Summit build with Sharken. No amount of Magic Missiles and Magic Barricades would have saved that in their current state.

Speaking of ES wave 1, has anyone checked if it is Sharken-less? Could be bad if it isn't... Anyway, at least not everyone is quick to judge the Sharken and Trendy's implementation of them!

As another poster stated, there are 3 on ES NM (the pretty much come from all choke points simultaneously). I managed to beat wave 1 with a djinnette pet so I could replace the moved blockades, but not everyone will have them available. Beginning with a squire only build will not really suffice anymore on ES.

To beat the level, I pretty much had to farm for gear on wave 1 over and over until I could get a set of mythical for my huntress and squire and create gas traps unfortunately out of range of the harpoons (which could be resolved with upgrades).

I'm not saying it can't be done, but each patch puts beginners at a more significant disadvantage almost every time.

*EDIT*

Remember though, 1 million an upgrade might not sound like much to most of us, but to those starting out in NM, 50 upgrades still require an extraordinary amount of farming. I just don't believe we should now be expanding the ES grindfest that much more.

I'm actually fairly sad that they're nerfing them now. I would've liked to have seen your NMHC Summit build with Sharken. No amount of Magic Missiles and Magic Barricades would have saved that in their current state.

I'll try to make sure not to patch so that I can get this far and make a build for you.

As another poster stated, there are 3 on ES NM (the pretty much come from all choke points simultaneously). I managed to beat wave 1 with a djinnette pet so I could replace the moved blockades, but not everyone will have them available. Beginning with a squire only build will not really suffice anymore on ES.

To beat the level, I pretty much had to farm for gear on wave 1 over and over until I could get a set of mythical for my huntress and squire and create gas traps unfortunately out of range of the harpoons (which could be resolved with upgrades).

I'm not saying it can't be done, but each patch puts beginners at a more significant disadvantage almost every time.

*EDIT*

Remember though, 1 million an upgrade might not sound like much to most of us, but to those starting out in NM, 50 upgrades still require an extraordinary amount of farming. I just don't believe we should now be expanding the ES grindfest that much more.

You do make an excellent point. The beginners curve into NM just got alot steeper.

I'm sad they are being so quick to nerf the sharken before people even get a chance to try to deal with them in their current state. It's like the djinn all over again.

I'll try to make sure not to patch so that I can get this far and make a build for you.

The Sharken actually seem to stop spawning once the boss arrives, so it's not actually as big of a deal as I thought it would be.

I appreciate the sentiment here, I do; but the nerf that's proposed is by all means necessary. As it stands, it is IMPOSSIBLE to start a high wave survival (even 13-14 is cutting it close if you're by yourself), completely nullifying any affect that the previous patches to 'better the game' had.

As the game is, for 70% or more of the active forum playerbase, at least, all that matters is survival; and if stats don't even factor into your success rate, but it's left entirely to RNG, the game loses all purpose. You may as well go play slots, at least there'd be a payout every now and again.

NM Beginners should not have 150 stats-- you need to use gimicks (such as farming wave 1 of Endless Spires) to get your stats up to respectable amounts.

There are Ogres and Djinn on wave 1 NMHC Endless Spires now. The old naked farm technique does not (and has not since mid March) work anymore. You either need to just buy cheap 2x vendor myths from players, or you need to spend far more mana on upgrading good Godlys. From there just work your way up through the campaign, find a level you're comfortable with, and see how far you can go in survival on it.

You do make an excellent point. The beginners curve into NM just got alot steeper.

Steep is an under statement. Once I grind glitter enough to hit 74 I will most likely have to start begging, praying, or both. Probably both though. Just to break into nightmare.

Yeah sharken make it harder for people to solo w/o the nerf.... Ryukaki may want a bigger challenge, but it shouldn't be at the expense of new people trying to get into the game and be competitive.