Can Aquanos Monster Fest be done with a single camp?

I've tried building around various points in the center, but at least 1 spawn always goes the long way, and I run out of time. Right now I'm experimenting with 2 camps at the farthest East/West corners. Your thoughts?

Completed it with 2 barbs. one on each side of the map. Same strategy should work with bases, unless they bug (they often do:p)
When you say 'each side', do you mean the 4 corners, just North/South, what?

I did it solo. I setup defenses in the NE straightaway and i stayed there for the first minute or two of later waves, then i went out west and near the end of the wave, went south to clear it manually.

I did it solo. I setup defenses in the NE straightaway and i stayed there for the first minute or two of later waves, then i went out west and near the end of the wave, went south to clear it manually.
That straightaway is pretty huge though. Did you build on ends of it, or cluster near the center?

i spent all my DU there. 3 spike blockades (2 at the north 1 at the south) and filled between with harpoons and buff beams, 2 reflects, 2 lightning auras, 2 str drains, 2 explosives.

Pretty much tot he ends. i left a bit of stright away on both north and south of it. but i used a metric crapton of harpoons.. not that they were really needed.

Easily enough DU on this map to simply build two camps that can easily support them selves. I'm sure someone will post a layout sooner or later when they get around to it. i usually don't mess with challenges but i was waiting for the manshark patch.

hmm, I must be missing something. I tried on Easy, and still ran out the clock about 3/4 through the wave. There just doesn't seem to be enough time for one builder to setup 2 camps.

When you say 'each side', do you mean the 4 corners, just North/South, what?

9 o'clock and 3 o'clock. Where the paths meet basically. Hard to explain, but it's all about reducing the mob movement distance

hmm, I must be missing something. I tried on Easy, and still ran out the clock about 3/4 through the wave. There just doesn't seem to be enough time for one builder to setup 2 camps.

Time for you to do some critical thinking. It wasn't all that hard.

did it solo twice, each time build in different spot near 'centre' of the map, gonna try 3rd spot tomorrow
picked a slope, build 7 or 8 bowlers pointing down the slope, and 7-8 poons pointing up, and 1-2 pointing down for djins and flying fish, spikers or bouncers as bait for sharken way up front, sd aura and buff beams
was cutting it really close and had to run around killing frolicking mobs

squire stats 1600/2300/1300/1400 (more or less)
played with dps monk (genie for upping at start and dps later)