Info on sharken so far

Ye but why trendy dont test it? they realeased it and AFTER patch they collect information about new patch? Its not good politic

I'm sure this is exactly how they do it, create a bunch of arbitrary broken mechanics and levels and introduce them without any testing or refinement. Seeems like a solid, foolproof business plan. /sarcasm

New patches/enemies mean new challenges, obviously old strategies are not going to work - the patch has been out for all of what, a few hours, and you are already throwing a hissy fit. Give them a little bit more time to evaluate and modify.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For everyone disappointed of the new patch - nightmare is still in BETA. If you don't like sharken, go play insane (finished difficulty), becuase nightmare is UNFINISHED and it's ok to have game breaking changes. And you know why? Because it's gonna be fixed, balanced, made playable soon.

There are some new patch notes already and it seems that sharken is going to be nerfed a lot.

The only way I can see to deal with them without having massive radius auras/traps is to place Ensnare or Gas is places where Djinn will be more than happy to desummon them from safe positions on many maps.

Djinn cannot unsummon a large enough gas trap if it is active. If that is what it takes, it might be worth putting a gas trap further out with some other defense (lightning aura, proxy trap, inferno etc) to kill sharkens and djinn.

That being said it would be kind of nice for another class to have a way to deal with Djinn desummons, (possibly shock beams, lightning tower, enrage aura etc).

Also, has anyone tested shock beams and lightning towers for interruptions yets?

New patch notes state changes to Sharken, significant changes. Obviously, builds will still have to be altered, but in the end, I'm sure it will all even out...

[QUOTE]* Sharken Charge range reduced by 66%, Sharken Interrupt Damage Health-Percentage Reduced from 25% to 10%, Sharken Charge Time increased by 3x, Sharken Health Reduced by 33%, Sharken numbers reduced on all maps by 50%[/QUOTE]

So it seems we can infer some things from this. One they do have a charge time (since it is getting increased). Although I'm going to assume this is charge meaning time it takes to start a charge and not the actual charge itself, but I could be wrong.

Next, they can be interrupted. So we just need to figure out what interrupts them. I'm going to assume it is probably player damage, but we need to confirm that.

The charge range is reduced, but it doesn't really specify if it is the distance traveled or the range they will decide to charge at or if it affects both. Now that I think about it, it'll probably affect both.

For everyone disappointed of the new patch - nightmare is still in BETA. If you don't like sharken, go play insane (finished difficulty), becuase nightmare is UNFINISHED and it's ok to have game breaking changes. And you know why? Because it's gonna be fixed, balanced, made playable soon.

There are some new patch notes already and it seems that sharken is going to be nerfed a lot.

Good idea, lets go play a weaker game mode for worse loot and less mana!
Some of us are up to that stage where we can mess around and not even try to set up defences properly and still pass insane modes.

Replace all towers with bowling balls (except wyvern towers).
Roll a new character.
AFK until 70.

With the pushing around, trendy might need to make a way where we can move defenses without having to sell and rebuild them. Something like a pick up and drop bit. Using it, you cannot attack or do anything when your holding a tower.

4. If a tower that is on a buff beam is pushed off the buff beam, the buff beam goes down! (wtf)

Can anyone go run unlikely allies to see if this happens when the ogre pushes a tower out of a buff beam now? Pre-patch they caused the tower to keep the buff, regardless of how far away from the beam they ended up.

Ye but why trendy dont test it? they realeased it and AFTER patch they collect information about new patch? Its not good politic

They have a beta team that test these new patches. Almost all the beta testers are end-game. I don't know if it's true or if there's still some Mac testers.

They have a breeze with these new patches that they can't determine if this will be balanced enough for new players or mid-gear players. I don't know if we've seen this with new mobs being nerfed because new players or mid-gear players having difficulty.

I honestly don't know if this is true. But I'm positive that beta testers are end-game players looking for new things in the game. (confirmed?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tried shock beam and didnt work :(

Didn't work at all or didn't stop them after they started charging? Also, if you were testing it after they start charging did it not work cause they ran through it too fast or because it didn't do anything.

Also, anyone tested shock beams on air/djinn yet?

Not sure but, i see them chargin only at crystal, if u put a wall near the spawn they attack them like a normal mob.

They have a beta team that test these new patches. Almost all the beta testers are end-game. I don't know if it's true or if there's still some Mac testers.

They have a breeze with these new patches that they can't determine if this will be balanced enough for new players or mid-gear players. I don't know if we've seen this with new mobs being nerfed because new players or mid-gear players having difficulty.

I honestly don't know if this is true. But I'm positive that beta testers are end-game players looking for new things in the game. (confirmed?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it boils down to them having a god awful QC plan for patches.
I sat around silent during the past few patches, but it seems business as usual again. I hate to rail on it, but the changes in the patch notes are something a good test plan should vet out. Not just the case with this patch, but with all the previous patches.

Not sure but, i see them chargin only at crystal, if u put a wall near the spawn they attack them like a normal mob.

If this is true it'll be an interesting aspect and might make us rethink spawn based defenses instead of crystal based defenses.

If this is true it'll be an interesting aspect and might make us rethink spawn based defenses instead of crystal based defenses.

Thats is what i saw, i was suprise see 2 sharks just hitting the walls, need some test.

I think it boils down to them having a god awful QC plan for patches.
I sat around silent during the past few patches, but it seems business as usual again. I hate to rail on it, but the changes in the patch notes are something a good test plan should vet out. Not just the case with this patch, but with all the previous patches.

Agreed this is business as usual. It's patches like these (actually it started awhile back) that have caused me to try and find other people to play with because all my friends will not play DD anymore. I'm willing to stick around and continue to play through the mess they make every time but everyone else i know has quit.

Look like trendy fail again-sharks and DLC fail.. When diablo3 come out, DD will die

This^

Look like trendy fail again-sharks and DLC fail.. When diablo3 come out, DD will die

I do get that feeling as well.
I don't think it'll *die* but certainly lose a lot more players than they would have if they had actually not forgotten they started off as a TD game with a quirk not as a D3 clone with TD elements.

Good Bye solo play and good bye DD too

Unfortunately I agree :( I prefer to play solo, mostly as an apprentice, and this mob has broken that. If they appeared once a wave or so, it might be acceptable, however still annoying, but when 10+ spawn, thats 10 times you are rebuilding your defenses.... per wave.... that's just broken to me and completely against the game concept.

I saw them standing on gas traps after charging and not being stunned. (they charged from one side to the other and stood on a gas trap and didn't get stunned, they killed me cuz I thought they were stunned)

One problem. Had barricade pushed right off the map that I couldn't sell in order to rebuild. Could still see it on the mini map. Effectively lost the du points for rest of level.

Unfortunately I agree :( I prefer to play solo, mostly as an apprentice, and this mob has broken that. If they appeared once a wave or so, it might be acceptable, however still annoying, but when 10+ spawn, thats 10 times you are rebuilding your defenses.... per wave.... that's just broken to me and completely against the game concept.

holy.... i am not alone! There is another die hard app builder out there.

/Kudos

For you app builders, could you put a dummy magic barricade out a little ways and see if they go for that?