Sign in to follow this  
supernovae

Sharks suck

i just setup a deeper well survival real fast with some walls, gas traps, shock beams and ele towers. also used a few darkness. My walls got pushed half way across the zone.

i setup gas traps on top of walls, shock beams in front of walls, lightning towers behind walls.

What a joke.
Good way for trendy to start killing this game.
If i did not own so many games on my account i would have done a charge back,at least i would be 40+ better off,maybe more if i got my lads money back for his game as well.

I don't care if the shark has been out 30 mins,all that damn work for it to be destroyed by one shark in 5 secs.
Moving many stuff in one go.
It's bad enough the dinjins stealing out defences,but the sharks just takes the biscuit.

I guess it's prob game over for us solo players.good job trendy,you just prob killed off a lot of solo players because of these cheap tactics.

*sigh* You say you don't care if they've only been out about half an hour... yet i'm not convinced you could have exhausted every possible scenario and defence on every possible map in that time to be able to make such a strongly negative conclusion like that... Trendy, please disregard this nutjob, as he clearly is just not even trying.

Didn't try auras? With gas traps the sharken can get through on the cooldown. I haven't tried aura + gas yet, but that might be what is needed. The auras/traps might have to be a fairly significant distance from the walls to avoid the sharken charge.

*sigh* You say you don't care if they've only been out about half an hour... yet i'm not convinced you could have exhausted every possible scenario and defence on every possible map in that time to be able to make such a strongly negative conclusion like that... Trendy, please disregard this nutjob, as he clearly is just not even trying.

yes i only solo and with my setup they moved almost most of my stuff out of the way.
So yes i am cheesed off,because it's one step forward ten steps back for me.
And your the nut job for accepting this cheap tactics.

i guess it's there loss as no more buying stuff from me from now on.

Tried Deeper wells:

Gas traps and ensare both work. Using both seems a bit overkill: I had the same amount charging through with both or one of them.
Moving happened in all kinds of directions so can't really 'plan' the move either.
They don't seem to charge untill they have a line of sight on a target, which wasn't really helpfull with my first build, but It can help for future builds I guess!

the problem i have, is that Djinn desummon unless everything is fairly close together, so that the djinn get killed before they desummon..

however, if everything is close together, the sharken will push your walls and you lose..

so in other words. the counter to sharken is to spread your defenses out away from the crystal a little more so that theres no blind corners (especially on misty, where a sharken could come around a blind corner and end it), but if you do that , djinn will be behind you desummoning everything thats not being covered by a closely packed defense.... its a lose/lose situation..

not to mention.. we now have 2 enemies that completely destroy defenses on their own.. at least djinn have a desummon time (would it be possible for sharkens charge to be changed to a push animation(they struggle against the wall for a few seconds before its moved.. instead of as soon as its touched after the charge?)

Gee, what a big surprise.

Trendy, why did you listen to the whiners. Anyone unwilling to spend more than 30 minutes trying to work out a new strategy to defeat a new threat, SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE FUN, quite frankly do not deserve to be catered to. At all. These are the kind of Silver Spoon Players that have caused the likes of World of Warcraft to become more casual than Farmville...

Let them suffer and learn a little. Maybe then they might reap some enjoyment other than seeing a shiny new piece of gear drop.

They're already nerfing the sharks? Lame. I was having fun.

Their charge time right now is about ~2 seconds. 6 seconds charge time? Lol. Gimp isn't the right word. You've cut their legs off.

Just noticed that if a Sharken pushes a tower out of a Buff Beam, the Buff Beam is destroyed, even though no towers technically were destroyed. Is this intended?

if gas traps affect them (as it appears they do - from reading this) then they dont sound OP... gas traps deal with djinn anyway just lob one down, buffbeam it and it should work right? or do they start charging at quite a distance? (im still patching... - 7hrs 23minutes to go; yay torrenting siblings...)

(i should add that pretty much all my builds use buffbeamed gas traps...)

Gas traps on buff beams seem unnecessary. You probably shouldn't change your defense in any way to accommodate that.

These are the kind of Silver Spoon Players that have caused the likes of World of Warcraft to become more casual than Farmville...

farmville is totally hardcore xP

... but yeh, its too quick of a patch...

Gas traps on buff beams seem unnecessary. You probably shouldn't change your defense in any way to accommodate that.

faster reset time/bigger radius... though my traps kinda suck... so i need that

Seriously? A nerf? Barely an hour into it?

Sharks are a joke. If you use a gas trap/ slow aura in ANY way, they fall over.Their charge time takes like 5 seconds. It's easy to stop.

[QUOTE]Sharken Charge range reduced by 66%, Sharken Interrupt Damage Health-Percentage Reduced from 25% to 10%, Sharken Charge Time increased by 3x, Sharken Health Reduced by 33%, Sharken numbers reduced on all maps by 50%[/QUOTE]

Ok, lemme just ask this. Before you go whining about how they are so OP, tell me, have you...

1) Placed Gas Traps
2) Placed Ensnare Auras
3) Placed a Lengthwise Shock Beam in front of your defences.
4) If not killing them quick enough is the problem. Mix up a Fireball with the Harpoon Formation, or try an Inferno Trap.

Until you have done either of these, please don't immediately assume they are overpowered. They've only been around half a freaking hour, you cannot conclude squat until you have properly tried and tested every possible option we have open to us.

All of these methods work, rendering sharken completely helpless.

I can tell you this does NOT work at all! I had gas traps, which I manually released, and ensnare aura on the same spot - but the Sharken just rushed in insane speed through it all and went straight for the crystal, making a nice big hole in my Ev wall (and destroying my buff beam) and pretty much 2 shot the crystal.

This is gonna be a challenge :D

Yeah sharks ****ing suck. Thanks for ruining the game. I give up, you just lost a 500+hr player. My older wave 30 misty build no longer works and it had gas etc.

Yeah sharks ****ing suck. Thanks for ruining the game. I give up, you just lost a 500+hr player. My older wave 30 misty build no longer works and it had gas etc.

Oh heaven forbid you might actually have to think and try out new things...

Just noticed that if a Sharken pushes a tower out of a Buff Beam, the Buff Beam is destroyed, even though no towers technically were destroyed. Is this intended?

Yea that is what is pissing me off about sharks. It's not so much as the other stuff, but pretty much THAT.

It's great seeing the sharks get nerfed, I guess. But the only thing that would have made me happy, was the ability to MOVE the tower back in place and not have buff beams destroyed when tower is moved off beam. Hell I think I might be happier if they reverted the nerf and just made those changes I mentioned.

It never fails.

When Trendy introduces a new enemy type to keep the game fresh, the forum trolls seem to follow.

" Thanks for ruining the game. "
" The game is impossible with just my Squire."
" I just wasted X amount of dollars. "
" Thanks for taking the fun out of the game. "
" I can't wait for Y game to come out, so I can be done with Dungeon Defenders. "

And not a week later, when someone figures out an AFK method to handle the new enemies; they're right back to saying how easy it is.

Amazing !

I could AFK farm OMF quite easly. I started a new one to see how sharks are.
First Wave : no more def
Seconde wave, 4 sharks and i'm dead :D

So i decided to put Gas Trap + Slow aura + Beam and.... I died again :D They can charge from a waaaaayyyy to far to be slow/root. And about their hp ? The 50% reduction is totaly needed !!!!

So i perfectly understand the people who complain themself. And i agree with most of the post. I found it is boring to be unable to farm mythical whereas i was looking for transcendental.
I'm not overstuffed like the ones who can say "guys, you're noob, I can handle it with my 3K stat heroes. It's easy ! u noob" and i found this is a bit to much.

Let's see what the new patch does.

[quote]Sharken Charge range reduced by 66%, Sharken Interrupt Damage Health-Percentage Reduced from 25% to 10%, Sharken Charge Time increased by 3x, Sharken Health Reduced by 33%, Sharken numbers reduced on all maps by 50% [/quote]

Mostly interested in this damage interrupt thing. Is this like djinn where only player damage counts, or will this include tower damage as well? If the latter, I see some extra use for lightning towers, as they're on of the few that may hit them while they're charging up while there's an ogre being focussed in front of them.

Amazing !

I could AFK farm OMF quite easly. I started a new one to see how sharks are.
First Wave : no more def
Seconde wave, 4 sharks and i'm dead :D

So i decided to put Gas Trap + Slow aura + Beam and.... I died again :D They can charge from a waaaaayyyy to far to be slow/root. And about their hp ? The 50% reduction is totaly needed !!!!

So i perfectly understand the people who complain themself. And i agree with most of the post. I found it is boring to be unable to farm mythical whereas i was looking for transcendental.
I'm not overstuffed like the ones who can say "guys, you're noob, I can handle it with my 3K stat heroes. It's easy ! u noob" and i found this is a bit to much.

Let's see what the new patch does.

Yup, stat's don't mean much as of right now.

I keep hearing ppl say, try gas traps, ensnare, beam.. etc.. These are not working. Why come out with a an enemy that's so OP, and immune to everything. Only the hacks fun have in this game. If you do a ranked build you could never play NM!