Sign in to follow this  
supernovae

Sharks suck

Someone had to start with the rage it may as well be me!

Sharks suck, if you're going to add such an unbalanced mechanic to the enemies, you need to give the players something also.

Where's our ability to move towers back into position without having to totally remake and rebuff them every thirty seconds?

And why even bother wasting mana and DU on a wall now? they're completely useless, you may as well just make another turret, it'll block the enemies just as well, and tower HP doesn't matter now, towers are shoved out of the way almost imediately.

I agree, after doing some Mistymire survival with sharks...It has become a pain when they just charge through lines of defense. The ability to move towers would fix that, I mean it will still be annoying but not that bad.

have to agree completly broken mechanic on new mob all walls are useless, really retarded to do this ruins so much.

It mostly killed all tower classes now everybody will just go trap and aura since everything else is useless

I agree that they suck.

But they aren't overpowered, they seem more like the opposite. I've yet to see one shark even get into a charging position on multiple maps. They just can't break through my builds. Plus, they don't spawn with elemental affinity, which means they're always vulnerable to gas traps and ensnare auras.

Coupled with low health and no elemental affinity means that they only hurt if you let them in.

Yup. Some of the NM levels I used to be able to breeze by have now become impossible. Barricades are useless now. And as a squire I relied heavily on them.

As I said previously, knew that Trendy will make them full powered like ogre on unlikely allies and they will push defenses like paper on great distances. Atleast we can use gas traps on them...
Still too powerful push.

As soon as I felt like my gear was getting good and I could start doing some later game stuff, wham this happens.

Hate the mechanic. At least make them not attack crystals. WHam, thru my defences, straight to crystal.

Before get all too up in arms, can someone go into the details of the mechanic?

Someone mentioned they are affected by gas traps?
Are they like kobolds, where you can gas them before they light but afterwards it doesn't work?
How much HP? (relation to other mobs)
Random Spawn?
How many at once?
Affected by Ensnare?
Someone mentioned no element
Do they attack crystals eventually?

Other details

Ok, lemme just ask this. Before you go whining about how they are so OP, tell me, have you...

1) Placed Gas Traps
2) Placed Ensnare Auras
3) Placed a Lengthwise Shock Beam in front of your defences.
4) If not killing them quick enough is the problem. Mix up a Fireball with the Harpoon Formation, or try an Inferno Trap.

Until you have done either of these, please don't immediately assume they are overpowered. They've only been around half a freaking hour, you cannot conclude squat until you have properly tried and tested every possible option we have open to us.

Ok, lemme just ask this. Before you go whining about how they are so OP, tell me, have you...

1) Placed Gas Traps
2) Placed Ensnare Auras
4) If not killing them quick enough is the problem. Mix up a Fireball with the Harpoon Formation, or try an Inferno Trap.

Until you have done either of these, please don't immediately assume they are overpowered. They've only been around half a freaking hour, you cannot conclude squat until you have properly tried and tested every possible option we have open to us.

Bit short of DU's all of a sudden eh?...

1) Placed Gas Traps
2) Placed Ensnare Auras

All of these methods work, rendering sharken completely helpless.

All you people have to do is change your strategy a bit, but you're just a bit too lazy to do so.

if gas traps affect them (as it appears they do - from reading this) then they dont sound OP... gas traps deal with djinn anyway just lob one down, buffbeam it and it should work right? or do they start charging at quite a distance? (im still patching... - 7hrs 23minutes to go; yay torrenting siblings...)

(i should add that pretty much all my builds use buffbeamed gas traps...)

@Lars

Yes there like kobolds, when they charge there immune to slows and stuns like that.
HP about just under the amount of Djinns.
Yes they spawn randomly
In terms with Djinns a lot more.
As the first one states yes there effected by it but when the charge: Full speed ahead to raping your defenses.
Yes they will attack the crystal if there charge stops at a wall (Case some place like Endless spires they charge them selves off the place and die lol.)

No real other details to report, don't know about the no element...Maybe I just haven't noticed it.

You can't interrupt there charging like say a Djinn desummoning. Only by killing the.

actually, since they walk right through the defenses of my misty layout in all directions, you can assume gas, snares or straight up damage doesn't work once they start their high speed charge. it does work before they start to charge.

Bit short of DU's all of a sudden eh?...

Only if your previous philosophy was "AHMG SPAM TEH OP HARPEWNZ"...

actually, since they walk right through the defenses of my misty layout in all directions, you can assume gas, snares or straight up damage doesn't work once they start their high speed charge. it does work before they start to charge.

If that's the case, it seems like either Ensnares or Shock Traps could be used to see if they can possibly be stopped mid-charge, or even looking at the map and seeing if just tweaking where you build is the answer. Furthermore, one has to consider the possibility that perhaps Sharkens can only charge once they have a straight line toward your defences/crystal, in which case, building your defences somewhere where sharkens will have to be right in front of you to start charging might also be the answer.

There are several possibilities there that take way more than an hour to figure out.

What I don't understand is how they "re-balanced NM" by just adding one uber monster. Adding the shark fixed the balance of NM?

I also guess we're getting rid of the whole tower defense thing and turning it into WoW?

I agree that they suck.

But they aren't overpowered, they seem more like the opposite. I've yet to see one shark even get into a charging position on multiple maps. They just can't break through my builds. Plus, they don't spawn with elemental affinity, which means they're always vulnerable to gas traps and ensnare auras.

Coupled with low health and no elemental affinity means that they only hurt if you let them in.

Except they are immune to everything but damage once they start charging. Unless you put a gas trap out where they start charging, them not having any affinity doesn't mean much. If you do put gas traps out in the open like that, they aren't going to be helpful against other stuff like you kinda need them to be since stuff will probably be well out of range of your defenses.

If it weren't for the fact that DST are a bit on the underpowered side, I would suggest taking advantage of their ability to shoot through walls before the sharken see something worth charging at. When djinn were added, we were forced to bring vulnerable defenses (traps, auras) closer to base. It may be worth revisiting old ideas of distant placements for non-blocking defenses and some cheap, expendable decoys.

/sarcasm on

Uh, guys, remember as others has famously stated you just paid good $$$ for the "Beta" version of QFTLS.

You have to wait until after the 4th DLC drops and TE rebalances the game for it to be playable.

/sarcasm off

Derogatory posts against our volunteer community beta testers will not be tolerated.

I think they aren't very good, because they have, a sort of 'Basic' feel to them. I feel maybe they could smash through defences, stunning them for about 2-10 seconds. They still go THROUGH things, but they don't move.

What a joke.
Good way for trendy to start killing this game.
If i did not own so many games on my account i would have done a charge back,at least i would be 40+ better off,maybe more if i got my lads money back for his game as well.

I don't care if the shark has been out 30 mins,all that damn work for it to be destroyed by one shark in 5 secs.
Moving many stuff in one go.
It's bad enough the dinjins stealing out defences,but the sharks just takes the biscuit.

I guess it's prob game over for us solo players.good job trendy,you just prob killed off a lot of solo players because of these cheap tactics.