Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Patch Discussion 7.30

i had a bit of sleep, so i can better articulate what i would like to see happen now.

i do not like any of the new mobs brought in by shards, but i can deal with them.
with the C patch, i can assume that all my complaints (sharks withstanding) about how survival functions will be addresses.

but with the shark, and people finding new builds, i have to say one thing.

each new mob should be a gear modifier. like how mixed mode and hard core increase the quality of gear by a certain amount, i think the new mobs should be able to be switched on and off just like that, at least in survival mode. i have yet to hear that because of the new mob, better gear drops sooner, but what i can say is that with the new mob, we cant last as long... i personally cant find anything of value to ware before misty 20, and i was barely able to make it to 12 last time i played, it was before the B patch, and im not devoting any time till this creature gets tweaked to the point they stop.

now this is coming from someone who barely plays with a group, and is mostly a solo player,

the spiders were already tweaked when i started, so i cant say anything about them
the djin, by the point that i got to survival misty, were already tweaked to a large extent, so i cant talk about them outside their habit of being behind an invisible wall or going outside the maps and destroying towers that way... which needs to be addressed.
but these sharks... they just aren't fair.

with djin, you have some time to get to them before they ruin your setups... the sharks... you have to rely on towers taking them down because having 2 at once... even if you want to you cant defend solo...

if they could be tweaked at all, for the better, i hear that towers now focus on them if they are charging, why not make it so when they hit the wall, they are stuck for 2 or 3 seconds, and than the wall gets pushed out of the way.

but i want to look at this from my angle. with the djin, spiders, and shark, people with entry mythical cant even farm for better, i was stuck in that area for a LONG time, till someone was nice enough to give me a few transcendent pieces and i think mid to high end myth, it took till i had that on me to even get to the point in a misty match where i MAY find an upgrade, not will, just may.

thats why i honestly believe you should be able to pick and chose you enemies (from the 3, soon to be 4) at the very least on survival.

something like no new enemies cant get you high end mith, spiders can get you high end mith, djin can get you transcendent, shark can get you more transcendent with a chance of supreme, and i have no idea what will be added next but i will assume, better chance at supreme possibly another gear tier.

as it currently stands, and note i haven't played a B patch game, just the 7.30, i cant even make it to the point in a misty map where i can find upgrade gear, much less have fun playing the game.

What I am noticing is that even placing down a huge beam boosted Gas and Darkness Sharks get through all the time and it only takes 1 to screw up an entire run. The problem with the sharken is that the entire concept behind them is broken you have to stop every single one before they do anything or its game over. If the balance of towers in place to stop them is right (which it needs to be or you are taking a huge risk continuing) then they no longer do anything except present a slight risk something may still go wrong and screw your build anyway.

For the love of science could Dark Elf Mage healing be fixed? Or could we at least get some word on its status? Is it intended to just stay like this? One of the 7.29 sub patches was supposed to remove that healing boost they got with 7.29.

I forgot to say earlier... I'm confused.. isn't an ensnare supposed to slow DEW? I have ensnare under a strength drain and most of the dew attack and jump at pretty normal/fast speeds.

For the love of science could Dark Elf Mage healing be fixed? Or could we at least get some word on its status? Is it intended to just stay like this? One of the 7.29 sub patches was supposed to remove that healing boost they got with 7.29.
I haven not been having any difficulty related to their healing. I am hesitant to say this, but it also looks like fireballs are still overpowered... I was having a 120k hp wall fall to like 6 fireballs.

Just tried to do Aquanos on NM a few times and now I get everyone's complaints... it is just ridiculous. Even though I'm wailing away trying to get the tentacles down to make the boss NOT invincible, after 5 minutes he was almost at full HP so I rage quit... I had a full team of 4 and 3 of us were trying to dps the boss and thanks to the crappy water I can't build any towers once the boss starts and a sharken (for the first time in all the waves) screwed one of my walls.

Yeah... Now I get the complaining. I'm kinda surprised at just how hard it is to get the boss' defenses down not to mention that to a 90-72-72-72 resist hero I take about 60k damage from just one attack. Could you look into some form of re-balance to make it more manageable?

I think this patch made the game like 40x harder even with out sharken. I think they did something to the rest of the mob as i cant get past wave 20 anymore on any map. I used to be able to get to 30 at least...

I guess i'll wait till tomorrow and see if this patch helps anything.

as it currently stands, and note i haven't played a B patch game, just the 7.30, i cant even make it to the point in a misty map where i can find upgrade gear, much less have fun playing the game.

I'm in the same boat here. Breaking point for me was this patch. Loved the grind, general game, but will take my time and money elsewhere. Frustrated with direction of game difficulty and no gains other than trying to buy off of others that are ahead of the gear curve.

I think C caused the game to spring a memory leak. Anyone else getting lag and audio studders?

Take a look into the options. Toggle the mutli thread render setting.

Does anyone else crash upon loading the boss movie after clearing 12 waves of Aquanos? Really frustrating... Going to try and re-create.

Alright, re-created the issue... It happens as soon as the "boss is approaching" countdown ends and the first part of the boss movie begins. Maybe about .5 seconds in.

Happens consistently in both 7.30c and the 7.30c hotfix for the non-spawning mobs.

Guess I'm not clearing Aquanos tonight.

Does anyone else crash upon loading the boss movie after clearing 12 waves of Aquanos? Really frustrating... Going to try and re-create.

Got the same issue. It was AWESOME. =/

Yesterday i did several runs through the new monster fest without a problem.

This morning, so after the patch i noticed some changes.
1: spiders are not moving along the map until i walk close to it.
2: Noticable less time to complete most waves. Before the patch i had 2-4 minutes left most cases. While now I had several waves where i had only 10 seconds left.

So, this morning so far: 6 waves in NMHC survival and 3 humongous eggs... I'm seriously hoping I just got lucky. I don't want to see "2 days left, everyone gets the chicken now" -update.

Wave 19 was my top on magus before, solo, cause wywerns at end wave got to my crystal.

Yeah. I noticed that the wyverns now come at such low numbers, that I could basically shoot them down by myself without any towers or ensnare auras. Although I only play insane (I plan to buy all the 4 DLCs later, after Trendy has balanced them and nightmare properly).

* Sharken can no longer fully embed pushed Defenses into world geometry

o really? - they can :) ... pushed my EV walls and my harpoons straight into the wall.. yay! fun x)

So, this morning so far: 6 waves in NMHC survival and 3 humongous eggs... I'm seriously hoping I just got lucky. I don't want to see "2 days left, everyone gets the chicken now" -update.
And only having 1 humungo egg drop every 2-4 hours of gameplay is okay? so you're saying I should play 3-6 days non stop?

I'm super pumped about not losing buff beams anymore when something is pushed out of it :)

And only having 1 humungo egg drop every 2-4 hours of gameplay is okay? so you're saying I should play 3-6 days non stop?

Nope, just that changing the drop rate this late into the event would be a bad move. Seems that I only got lucky by how things went on from that strange start.

Nope, just that changing the drop rate this late into the event would be a bad move. Seems that I only got lucky by how things went on from that strange start.
I must ask then... was it a bad move when 7-12 days into the event they severely nerfed the drop rate of humungous eggs? I'm getting a bit off topic, sorry.

in 7.30b they added halloween drops to the general loot tables. thus far has anybody seen a nosferatu drop? tryin to figure out if the "rewards" are included. so far i havent seen one drop anywhwere.

in 7.30b they added halloween drops to the general loot tables. thus far has anybody seen a nosferatu drop? tryin to figure out if the "rewards" are included. so far i havent seen one drop anywhwere.

tav keeper tried to sell me a crappy one

Thanks for making the boss more impossible than before.

I was trying to duo with a ranger/squire and I was unable to do ANY damage to the boss with my squire.

Every attack I did (once we knocked off all his tentacles off) was showing a whole bunch of 0's on my screen. Anyone else having this problem? And can you seriously change his behaviour so he doesn't go straight for your walls the second he loses agro? maybe give us 10-15 seconds of him just staying where he was before even attempting to move?

Screenshot displaying a bug in City in the Cliffs on 7.30d

Ogres can walk around this wall the same way I'm standing in midair. Tends to make late survival waves very annoying, since I can't build a wall out here.