Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Patch Discussion 7.30

Dear Trendy:

Please make sharks optional . make a new difficulty just like DJinn and spiders only shows in "Nightmare" it is wrong Nightmare is not Nightmare any more. Its More then just Nightmare!! so Please make a new difficulty or just make sharks Optional. thank you. thank you.

Sharken changes the game into something different. I would hate to see the new user play nightmare now with godly gear and only *one* character type..

I will hold off from saying more at this point in time to see what changes they make.

Hurry up Patch 7.30C!

I need my electric auras fixed! If it wasn't for this horrible bug, I could easily do just about every map and challenge with nothing but auras!

Hurrrrrrrrry up! I never begged so much for a tiny patch to go through but oh my god. I want to spam SEE combos!

NM is just not easy to set up as a solo player, due to the fact you need to swap char several times to counter all theese new mobs and only a limited time to do so. i think a removal of the timer at the initial wave would be nice since you are limited on mana anyways. maybe even remove it completely, or make it optional a bit like HC and maybe provide better loot if useing the timer.

My friend and I struggle with the game as it is. The gap from Insane to Nightmare is beyond rational and with Sharken being added on top of it...what the hell. It's like we were climbing a wall and you suddenly added 30 feet to the top of it, then we fell down 50 feet.

Not impressed with their mechanics. It seems every shards DLC the entire game changes and becomes increasingly difficult. It also limits the potential viable builds in Nightmare. Why should we be so confined to what/where we can build more than what we already are? Why not just place our towers for us and get it over with because that's what it is coming down to.

Change Sharken's mechanic or remove them non water/monster fest maps.

Just tried how I make in NM survival. Started magus on Wave 5. No probs, upgraded all to max. Wave 18, still didnt have to do anything. Wave 19 was my top on magus before, solo, cause wywerns at end wave got to my crystal. (I hate spiders and wywerns hording at same time :P) Wave 21. Wow really had to repair. Wave 22, one of those 20 ogres running through middle got thru my spike barricade. And another one. Just walked over leaving spike barricade waiting for next one :D I lose. But good thing, made few waves further without breaking sweat! I don't hate sharken. I even dont have EV which many rely nowadays. Once one sharken ran thru my defences and moved my bouncing ball and barricade. I just sold it and cast new one. Sharken may be more bad in misty and others. Gotta try that later.

Countess stats aprox 1000/1500/1000/1000

"Fixed THE Return To Tavern / Restart Level Crash!!"
** Tears of joy! ** I guess they got sick of me sending constant dump files ;D

Not for me.

It started crashing around 7.28, and it still crashes in 7.30b. When I return to the tavern from a mission, it almost always crashes. (As in 8 or 9 times out of 10.)

Mac based, though, which might make a difference.

Judging by the constant flow of anti player or anti tower monsters and larger and larger maps I'd guess they don't really want to promote solo play at all anymore, which is really unfortunate is there's probably quite a few players that enjoyed playing DD solo which are going to probably start moving away from the game :(

I'm inclined to agree.

I play primarily solo, and the more recent maps (City of the Cliffs, Moraggo, Aquanos) are extremely difficult to solo in insane or higher; the timer is too darn short. (Glitterhelm is about as big as can be handled and even there, slower heroes won't get to all the stations in time to avoid first-round crystal destruction.

I've played Moraggo a few time, and, while I can see how beautifully it's rendered, and the overall flow, it wasn't at all fun in insane due to the size and the timing issue. (In Hard, without a timer, it was trivial for my characters, but making the jump to insane was unpleasant. Not in a 'wow, very difficult' sense; unpleasant as in not enjoyable, and thus to be avoided; I'm mostly playing the original maps,as they're still mostly enjoyable (if somewhat repetitious).

So, my husband is a darling, and I got the patch downloaded =D

Was wondering, has there been any changes to the graphics? the default field of vision. or zoom, or anything? I get motion sickness playing first person perspective games, and haven't had it happen to me in DD as long as I play zoomed out etc, but something just playing now has made me dizzy/weird headed, and I can't figure out what =/ Usually it comes down to a zoom or graphics problem, so just wondered if anything along those lines was changed, so I can figure out what I need to do to stop it happening =)

The 9.30B Patch does seem much better than last night, the Sharken arent as much of a PITA as before, currently doing Castle Armory NMHCS using 6 turrets & 2 lightning towers all boosted, and then 6 physical barriers, and beforehand i was quite concerned as to whether the layout could last without the sharken ploughing through the barriers at the first opportunity, but so far its gone by without a hitch.
Last week i was able to get to wave 19 (complete w18) and im just starting w15 with slightly better stats on all characters.

IMO the biggest problem with the game difficulties isnt that nightmare is too hard, its the fact that the first 3 difficulties arent too difficult once you get into the game, and once your comfortable in Insane your looking to make the step up to Nightmare, but the game is so wildly different, you cant carry over the things you've learnt from easier modes. The layouts are near useless, because what worked before soon gets bypassed by spiders and djinn, now theres sharken and god only knows what we'll get lumped with after part 4. Probably suicide moles you cant even see but appear right at the core and blow it to bits. ;)

Its like Insane needs to get harder, or at least allow the chance to import spiders, djinn, and such into their survival mode. I guess theyre locked out due to NM being Shards based? but if thats the case, why cant people who've bought shards enable it? The step up is too much of a challenge unless your lucky enough to get in with very good players who do 90% of the work and let you come along for the ride and you can grab some nice loot, your left roughing it in the bottom NM waves grinding away to be able to get some half-decent gear to be able to move a wave or 2 further along.
I dont expect the game to be made easier because i dont have the best loot, i expect to be able to progress there though, and unfortunately its like hitting a cliff wall and being told to climb it.

I want to actually compete in the NM maps, but theres a fence around the clubhouse and it kinda feels like when you feel like your getting somewhere the fence gets a little taller and your no closer, but everyone already on the inside is fine, its not much of an issue for them, they just adapt and carry on because they're already on the inside with their uber gear maxed out.

Probably suicide moles you cant even see but appear right at the core and blow it to bits. ;)

Most epic thing ever writen.

Aquanos is boss is too hard...

hello i(squire 81) have full trans set and got 3k+ tower stats for most of my stats but i think its hard for the people to kill the Aquanos boss... i have got up to wave 12/12 on nightmare/ hardcore but! i failed like 4 times at the boss with my mate. the problem is that if more people join we barely get to round wave 12/12 because of there are so much more mobs and when we get to 12 and even if we try kill the boss the boss hits so much on nightmare that we die instantly due to the boss having splash damage on its attack... please nerf the boss down a bit so people can actually "beat" the boss thankyou!

You can get myths on insane.
I've gotten myths from wave 20 glitter survival on insane.
It's really not that difficult either if you know what you're doing.

"Couldn't beat new boss on first day, please nerf it"

I'm speechless, all that comes to my mind is "wtf". Have you tried anything aside from tank-and-spank? I know this doesn't have WoW-tier boss mechanics but still I'd rather see challenging bosses with interesting mechanics than beat new content in one day.

I haven't tried Kraken myself yet so I don't know if it's challenging or plain impossible. There's a difference between making a boss-kill take some skill and just making it hit ridiculously hard. I hope it's not the latter about Kraken.

If there's no mechanics and just another tank-and-spank boss with high damage output, do not pay any attention to this post.

"Couldn't beat new boss on first day, please nerf it"

I'm speechless, all that comes to my mind is "wtf". Have you tried anything aside from tank-and-spank? I know this doesn't have WoW-tier boss mechanics but still I'd rather see challenging bosses with interesting mechanics than beat new content in one day.

I haven't tried Kraken myself yet so I don't know if it's challenging or plain impossible. There's a difference between making a boss-kill take some skill and just making it hit ridiculously hard. I hope it's not the latter about Kraken.

If there's no mechanics and just another tank-and-spank boss with high damage output, do not pay any attention to this post.

My experience with the Kraken last night wasnt too bad, but I think could use some improvement. The fact that towers cant dmg him is a little ridiculous in a tower defense game. Its also hard as a melee dps to take the tenticles down when he is always in the air and moving. In the end we defeated him but even after figuring out how, it was frustrating just to try and position correctly to get any dps off.

The Sharken addition just cements for me what was becoming clear with the introduction of Djinn; the Beta concept for a game mode is fundamentally broken. I'm sorry, but I don't have time to rework my already tried-and-true builds every month, I just don't. Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to design new builds for *new maps* - which allows me to do so when *I* want (for example, I haven't played the jungle map yet) - but changing the rules of the game forces me to redesign them on your schedule, and that's simply not acceptable.

I suspect this will happen again for part 4, so perhaps I'll just put the game down for now and pick it up again once the Beta label has been removed.

Thanks.

Weird... playing mixed mode on alchemy labs and it feels like non-mixed. No wyvrns and enemy spawns don't have that "massive wave of a single type" feel to them.

Sharken makes the game completely random and broken. Sigh...
I guess you've never heard of a gas trap.

The Sharken addition just cements for me what was becoming clear with the introduction of Djinn; the Beta concept for a game mode is fundamentally broken. I'm sorry, but I don't have time to rework my already tried-and-true builds every month, I just don't. Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to design new builds for *new maps* - which allows me to do so when *I* want (for example, I haven't played the jungle map yet) - but changing the rules of the game forces me to redesign them on your schedule, and that's simply not acceptable..

This. I have stopped playing basically because these new monsters feel like they serve only one purpose: to annoy the player.
I think they've confused annoying with difficult. It's just a PITA to play in NM. It's not like you realize your setup is slowly failing. It can fail instantly because of one 'shards' monster. And moreso, these monsters make it so frustrating to play solo. It's just interesting that, after each shards release, there is overwhelming negative feedback in these forums until they tweak the heck out of their releases. They just can't get it right in a timely manner.

Weird... playing mixed mode on alchemy labs and it feels like non-mixed. No wyvrns and enemy spawns don't have that "massive wave of a single type" feel to them.

Alch Labs MM didn't have wyverns before this update either.

I'm sorry, but I don't have time to rework my already tried-and-true builds every month, I just don't.

Then look up new build on the forums. Some of us prefer old content getting a new twists and game getting mixed up over the tedious farming with nothing new to it. That in addition to whole new content makes the game more enjoyable.

It's just interesting that, after each shards release, there is overwhelming negative feedback in these forums until they tweak the heck out of their releases.

Because only displeased people bring their opinions out in the open. The ones who welcome changes are busy playing.

Because only displeased people bring their opinions out in the open. The ones who welcome changes are busy playing.

The shear number of negative responses suggest something. It'd be different if there just a few threads, but it's large percentage of this population.

Curiosity question -- How often does the leaderboard update? I often see new high scores up on the board in-level every few minutes, just wondering what the delay is between getting a score and potentially seeing it on the leaderboards.

Stop adding stuff to patch C and release now! half of the stuff mentioned should be hot-fixed! Just do it and make a D and take your sweet time with that one. Electric Auras, why you no work!