Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Patch Discussion 7.30

hello trendy, i have a few suggestions to make, and i believe they would be a massive improvemnet

take out spiders djin and sharkten from nightmare survival, im assumeing you are going to balance the game pre shards content after 4 is released, so i wont comment there, but hear me out.

in survival, the 4 (currently 3) mobs will be tickable... like hardcore or mix mode. they will increase the loot level that you can gain.

this would solve the problem of low level characters finding the content to damn hard to do.

now i haven't gotten any feed back yet, but even with the new patch, i still believe they are unreasonably hard on a solo build, especially because i couldn't even reach the end of misty before them, and i haven't gotten a confirmation that loot levels across the board went up, so i'm assuming that the content just got harder with no benefit to the players at all. if anything, loot levels should increase.

and finally, i don't know this, because when i did a misty run earlier, my tavern didn't change items at all (i think that may be a bug) but if you increased the item cost again to 600million, i have a request... can you scale that back to 500 million? i don't want to grind out mana, and than have to keep useless items in my inventory just to sell incase an item in the tavern is worth picking up.

--- one last note... i am VERY tired so keep that in mind, i probably didnt write this as well as i should have.

Sharken are not challenging or fun - they are a huge frustration.

The only people who are "dealing" with Sharkens are the ones using 3 fully decked builders that have been farming for months. What do the rest of us do? Grind mana on lower difficulties, hope inflation doesn't out do us and buy the junk the top 5% throw away after they get their new upgrades?

What happens once those top players lose interest in the game and the new players cant do the content(or it takes too long) to get to the top? Not a good direction to be heading in at all.

I got to wave 23 ramparts NM HC first try BEFORE the sharken nerf. Seriously... people just need to learn to try something new instead of complaining about "OP THIS." Sure, it was the sharken that caused me to lose (I got insta killed by a charging one so couldn't rebuild wall to stop ogers).

Edit - my builders stats so you know I'm not uber endgame cheating sob:
monk - 1200/1100/1100/800
traps - 1300/1850/430/1200
squire - 550/1550/800/1200
EV - xxx/1000/450/1000

That aside, I'm pretty damn happy with the monk buffs :D Another trap buff would be amaaaaazing... especially for that poor useless fire trap. The change to the strength drain to remove all resistances is just simply game changing! I can actually use lightning auras again (and the buff to their damage helps) and other elemental builds without requiring tons of darkness traps (too much du).

Dafuq just happend?

LOL was my first reaction to Sharken...

I've played 150 hours of DD the last 2 weeks (ok ok, with latenight shops open 5-6 times) I did this because i didnt have have the DLC for nightmare mode .. guess what you cant get ANY real mana without besides farming eggs and selling them. and so I did while leveling all my chars to about 74 so I could get them mythical armor. I just came back from a loong break from DD cause I raged quitted because of all the DC's i always got. decided to try it again, but didnt want to pay for DLC before i knew i would play it again seriusly. And so I learned 5 days ago that a new patch and content would come today. i was finaly getting my squire to level 78 and they would raise the cap again ?! Well fine by me .. I'm thinking with the new armor type maybe the prices on trancended AWP's would fall so I could afford it.. Earlier today my friend invited me to a NMHC survival in magus map. I got to put up my own full build and I could FINALY do something myself without help from others! I rushed to steam store and bought the complete DLC for NM mode and then the patch came "joy" i could level AND finaly get some mythical armor and MANA to buy stuff.... then after 40 seconds maybe less (startede wave 13) i saw it .... a fakken Sharken.. It just bashed through my wall threw it into the lava and trashed my crystal ... and i was just thinking WTF just happend there ... I tried some other maps from the new campaign but again .. each time the Sharken would just **** everything UP.. I seriusly don't understand why they are there... ITS okay for a game to be hard.. but there are limits .. you guys seem to be forgetting not ALL have friends online all the time to play with and some likes to solo and just chill to some music and get some Mana... but come on .. you guys are forcing people to level all chars to 78 somehow get transended armor with rediciusly crazy stats just to be able to clear a level .. thats not "fun" and made me just quit and tell myself what a waste of money...

I just saw while writing this you DID something about the sharken... and have yet to try my luck with them, but still think ill write my experince here to tell my 2cents...
*Hard to try it out when you cant connect to trendynet new problems lol*
If you really want to keep that ******* sharken in the game i suggest you make mythical items avalible for insane and maybe toughen it up some. And make transenden for NM lower waves and the new "supreme" for late / tough waves.

TL;DR I HATE SHARKENS ARRHHHHGGGGG
Worst IDEA EVERRAH

please tell us your stats and such .. cause im pretty sure you're not a level 74 with only decent gear ^^ not all can be GODS at DD lol :) we are just telling the experince as MOST casual and maybe a little more gamer like types are having draemn.

Edit - my builders stats so you know I'm not uber endgame cheating sob:
monk - 1200/1100/1100/800
traps - 1300/1850/430/1200
squire - 550/1550/800/1200
EV - xxx/1000/450/1000

Yea rofl most my stats arent much over 800 and I think ive played DD A LOT the last 2 weeks with holidays and all..
You can't just think of pro / top players and leave the rest in the dust like that! you try deleting your chars and get mythical armors from scrath now lol

Yea rofl most my stats arent much over 800 and I think ive played DD A LOT the last 2 weeks with holidays and all..
You can't just think of pro / top players and leave the rest in the dust like that! you try deleting your chars and get mythical armors from scrath now lol
It was challenging to get my traps so high and the squire, but the monk and EV were super easy to get that high and I'm pretty sure I don't even need 1500 tower attack on the squire... and if you were to make your trapper active, you could get away with 1400 attack as I didn't have mine active. Trendy has made it very easy to get to +1k stats over the last month.

You have to think though, there are people with 3.5k stats... rubbish, but yeah, I'm not that high.

As you said, apprently they made it easy last month (for thouse that bought the DLC) us without couldnt get anything besides the ones we bought and you try getting 4Bil mana to fully upgrade a set of like 100 ups only or whatever you can get from insane maps :)
As i wrote above i just bought the DLC 1 hour before patch came and destroyed all my chances of doing anything on NM. Im no way near geared to handle sharks alone. and I cant get cause now I cant farm and earn mana AGAIN.. :/

And you cant just make a patch so ONLY the best can play, yes some have 3.5k stat but thats not the majority of the gamers ^^

As much as I have an issue with some of the stuff that gets overlooked; when the product is released then I like how trendy really listens to it's loyal supporters. I was just about to post in the suggestions that the buff beam should not be destroyed if it is pushed and should just effect the things that are no longer in it..... and lo and behold it's already in the upcomming patch notes. I expect a lot from trendy because they have been doing well in the large scale it's just disappointing when some gross issues go undetected.

It's nice seeing more things are being added to the game but their is still things to fix in the game that are making it challenging to finish certain missions. i.e. Sky O' Love, the level needs to be fixed, every time I sell a tower or it gets destroyed the Defense Unit's are not returned/reset so I either have to restart, or give up because I'm missing a tower that can help me keep the enemies away. Trendy can you guys seriously look into the Sky O' love level again because it literally has become a pain to get the "Playin' Mythical Cupid" achievement.

So, I finished updating and decided to try some deeper wells hard pure strategy, which so far I have been able to get to wave 15, and now I can suddenly easily make wave 15. Now there are no DEW's and no mages. I mean its nice since I can finally get some decent pets without buying from the tavern but was the patch meant to make it so much easier?

7.30b are you sure you nerfed charge range? They still can charge from very far away (in relation to using stun towers to shut them down).

/praying for an "undocumented" ninja buff to App Towers :)

No kidding, the app is in a really rough spot right now.

7.30b are you sure you nerfed charge range? They still can charge from very far away (in relation to using stun towers to shut them down).

I would like to know this as well. I have been running OMF and putting my darkness/gas traps a good distance from the walls, more than enough to cover 1/3 the distance from the walls they charged in 7.30 and I am still finding they come barreling through my walls and towers all the time.

Has anyone elses strength drain auras not been working in terms of getting rid of elemental resistance? We just started a NM Magus Quarters and we have a strength drain aura and an electric aura on top of each other, but electric resistant enemies are taking no damage. However my radial lightning tower is doing damage. I'm pretty sure, from the patch description that this shouldn't be the case...

The removal of immunities is not working properly for sure; I see mobs with the immunity tag standing in my drain aura all the time.

There is also a long-standing bug with Electric Auras. Any mob that is immune upon entering the aura will never take damage from it, even if the immunity is removed later - you can see this easily on the Wizardry challenge.

Well, this is a nice surprise. With a few key tweaks to the layout I was using pre-.30, I'm able to start on wave 25 of Alch Lab and beat it without breaking a sweat. The early rush with the sharken is a slight struggle, but with all the strength drain aura I have, I'm renaming my squire to Facemelter, because that's what he does there. It leaves me less worried about the future of Sharken infections. Just have to keep the map up and go melt them as they show up, then it's business as usual. And this is using only gas traps, app towers (4 FB+1 lightning), slow/drain/lightning auras and 4 very small walls, plus a small enclosure of reflect to keep random arrows away from towers.

Yep, having some problems with wyvns getting through my electric aura + strength drain + ensnare combo when they shouldn't... lighting resist take no damage and poison resist aren't slowed?

All auras need to be changed to apply their effects when a mob is inside the area, not just when it crosses the boundary of the aura. If that is too resource intensive, I suppose checking all 5 aura conditions whenever a mob crosses any single aura boundary would also work.

All auras need to be changed to apply their effects when a mob is inside the area, not just when it crosses the boundary of the aura. If that is too resource intensive, I suppose checking all 5 aura conditions whenever a mob crosses any single aura boundary would also work.

Traps need to be fixed for this as well. If a mob is standing -in- the trap, rather than entering it, there's a high chance it won't trigger again until a new mob wanders into it.

Dear Trendy:

Sharkin suck, they made walls useless.
7.30 patch made waves super fast and I loved it, then you slowed it down again. Speed it back up please.
Please add in some kind of feature to force spawn enemies to further make waves faster.
I love my countess, don't ever nerf my harpoons again.
Please revamp your gear progression. I.E. toss away all the junk before godly, make myths drop in insane, trans the new regular drop in nm, and keep the newest tier like trans was.
Thank you for a great game, and all of your hard work.
Now work harder and get this stuff done. <3