Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Patch Discussion 7.30

well everytime i met sharks i just slowed them to 19% ..they are countered by that...but im not sure if turets focus them because they should be 1st to focus since they can screw you defences....

i should be clearer when i say this.

my comment isnt that of a rage quit...
my comment is more directed at anyone with mid thousand stats who puts maps together... i suck at this aspect of the game, but i found builds that kind of work,

this one im thinking we have to move back close to the spawn location like it was pre djin.

and so everyone knows, str drain auras may have gotten buffed, but they are completely useless because of how far out toy have to place the gass now, they aren't exactly viable...

at least thats what im thinking.

I wouldn't mind their push for less solo play and more teamwork and towers from all classes.... except that they don't fix the problem of stupid players who don't help you win (i.e. don't repair, go afk, have crappy stats...) and the 30% active builder buff to towers vs dps problem or the lack of the bonus when you build with more than one class yourself.

one last thing.

anyone who plays this allot

does the gear get better eariler now or not?

did the gear get better sooner with the djin?

i mean how much would it blow if the game got substantialy harder but the gear didnt scale up.

So, Trendy... um, just how many things that were supposed to be patched in, actually made it? Since there's reports of strength drain not doing its job, people don't have the DLC (that's Steam's fault), even people complaining that some of the DLC maps don't have a reduction in mobs, making THOSE virtually unplayable now, with Sharken.

Survival Alc has reduced, but not by 75%, about 25%. Also numbers go down significantly when you complete waves??

3300 went to 2900 after clearing a level :S

Judging by the constant flow of anti player or anti tower monsters and larger and larger maps I'd guess they don't really want to promote solo play at all anymore, which is really unfortunate is there's probably quite a few players that enjoyed playing DD solo which are going to probably start moving away from the game :(

Bingo. I know exactly what you are talking about.

TE needs to seriously evaluate the concepts of SOLO and Accessibility in regards to content.

"Fixed THE Return To Tavern / Restart Level Crash!!"
** Tears of joy! ** I guess they got sick of me sending constant dump files ;D

Bingo. I know exactly what you are talking about.

TE needs to seriously evaluate the concepts of SOLO and Accessibility in regards to content.

This X1000

It's amazing how they fervently defend their beta team and let sharken become this powerful. They destroy buff beams by pushing the towers inside and once they charge up say good bye to that lane. Their day one patch should have been implemented before it was released; isn't that what a beta team is for?

Game virtually unplayable solo.
If something isn't done about sharken I'm not going to play anymore.

1P gameplay IS A MUST. Bad enought I cannot solo the Assault pack with high Myth gear, a Lv72 Cube, and a Myth Blitz at Lv100... Also, add the small map discussion to this too.

Here is my problem with this patch. Most Dungeon Defender players are either unable to do Nightmare Hardcore effectively or too unpleasant for me to play with, causing me to solo.

I'm happy to solo. Sharken make soloing impossible. Sharken also make the game a lot more difficult, which makes even less people able to effectively do Nightmare Hardcore. Sharken makes this game unplayable for me. Please make Sharken so that it does not break solo gameplay or you'll be losing loads of customers. New content is supposed to make the game more fun, not troll the players.

-Rhadamant

This X1000

add another voice of discontent. and the spamming before allowing us to get to our characters is becoming unbearable.

Game virtually unplayable solo.
If something isn't done about sharken I'm not going to play anymore.

I am in your boat. Due to schedule I play solo a lot lately. However, the patch notes indicate they are doing something about it. Still, the fact that there is an enemy that can move stuff seems out of place for this game. Add the buff beams going down too, it's a rage fest. Hopefully with new patch it will make it bearable, but again...even if they move a defense rendering it useless, and the buff beam goes down. I won't be happy. I'm still upset the spiders take over player control, but that's old news.

Here is my problem with this patch. Most Dungeon Defender players are either unable to do Nightmare Hardcore effectively or too unpleasant for me to play with, causing me to solo.

I'm happy to solo. Sharken make soloing impossible. Sharken also make the game a lot more difficult, which makes even less people able to effectively do Nightmare Hardcore. Sharken makes this game unplayable for me. Please make Sharken so that it does not break solo gameplay or you'll be losing loads of customers. New content is supposed to make the game more fun, not troll the players.

-Rhadamant

The fact they move defenses at all breaks 4 player gameplay as far as I am concerned. People are already having a hard enough time with defenses that don't get moved (myself included).

Well, some features of the sharken are stupidly annoying and I feel they need a bit of a nerf, but they are not impossible.

I've had reasonable luck with them, but the range that they can charge from is an issue for me and I'm NOT happy that they are completely immune to any slow/stun effect while charging (change this and I could care less about the range they charge from). Although I'm starting to feel like my squire is getting more useless, I'm happy with the buffs to specific towers to make it much easier to combat the changes.

You guys are acting like toddlers. They're fixing the Sharken, relax a bit. It's not like they were doing anything malicious to ruin your gameplay.

No toddler acting here. Just see people voicing there concern. If nobody said anything they wouldn't be changing it at all. But ok.

Sure they are, not testing it before releasing it to 10,000s of people. Who then wasted a few hours building, upgrading, then uber shark comes in and eats it all up. Whoever "beta tested" this should be fired. They're awful at their job.

You guys are acting like toddlers. They're fixing the Sharken, relax a bit. It's not like they were doing anything malicious to ruin your gameplay.

My thanks to Trendy. Great job on new survival mode with reduced mobs. Defitnely more playable and enjoyable. :)

Ze patch! She is HUGE! Dangit, it's going to be a week before I can download it =( I suppose on the bright side, most of the kinks will be worked out by then? =P (and hopefully not too many more gigs of downloads added after! =o)