Hit a wall, need some advice

So I bought DD awhile back but didn't play too much. I got back to playing a few weeks ago after talking some friends into getting the game.

The problem is that we've hit a wall so to speak. Im currently using a lvl 75 tower app, with a low end myth staff, a set of godly pristine, and a random pet (think its the assault pony). My tower stats are in the 200-300 range and my hero stats are around 100-150. I can solo Ramparts on insane HC with ease but can only make it one wave in nightmare on deeper wells. So obviously I'm not ready for nightmare yet due to my low stats.

So what gives?! I need better gear to do NM difficulty/insane survival but I can't get better gear unless I do NM/insane survival! Its a catch 22!!!

I've farmed Insane HC maps for days without finding any better gear. I've had 2 friends (both lvl 70+ but with similar 100-300ish stats) and myself try to do survival insane on a variety of maps but we get swamped around wave 10 before any decent gear starts dropping. We've made it to wave 15 on deeper wells but the drops were still garbage. We've done all the challenges that give decent gear. Also we can't farm mana with these stats so when I do finally find some decent gear it will be some time before it can be fully upgraded.

Is there something I'm missing? I know alot of people farmed early myth gear on NM ES but you can't do that anymore. So what do I do? Im just about out of ideas.

Why can't you do ES anymore? or Misty Forest?

Personally I got my start on Misty Forest. I was able to do wave 1 and pop chests before wave 2 with Myth gear popping out. Repeated this over and over and slowly was able to go higher waves. Try Misty too..

All you have to do is survive one wave.. oh and do this SOLO. Solo is much easier than having 2-3 friends in the game.. that ups the hit points of mobs and their number.

Thanks for the replies!

I'll be giving NM ES another try tonight, hopefully I'll be able to snag a couple pieces of myth gear!

With the change to ES you can still solo with the Ogre, but with 2 or more people you will start getting Djinns.

With the change to ES you can still solo with the Ogre, but with 2 or more people you will start getting Djinns.

Yup and Djinn pathing is a nightmare on ES, no pun intended. :)

You'll need lots of mana for upgrades as well.

So far, soloing Ubermonster Fest insane hardcore is the best mana per hour for me. I can net roughly 30 million after completion, some really good starter godly/mythicals, and the chance at decent pets when I duo with a buddy.

I think the OP brings up a big problem with progression in the game. When I first started I could play through the game starting at medium and play through the campaign collecting better gear as I progressed. The gear I collected was enough to get me started on which yielded better gear to continue on and eventually play through insane all with gear found progressing through the levels.

When you get to nightmare you can't do that. Instead you have to hope to get lucky and find decent gear before you are destroyed by the ogres and spiders, then they added djinn which made progression even harder and now they are adding the sharks or whatever.

Basically I think it would be nice if nightmare followed the same progression path that the easy through insane campaign followed. Other than that I love the game :) /rant

I think the OP brings up a big problem with progression in the game. When I first started I could play through the game starting at medium and play through the campaign collecting better gear as I progressed. The gear I collected was enough to get me started on which yielded better gear to continue on and eventually play through insane all with gear found progressing through the levels.

When you get to nightmare you can't do that. Instead you have to hope to get lucky and find decent gear before you are destroyed by the ogres and spiders, then they added djinn which made progression even harder and now they are adding the sharks or whatever.

Basically I think it would be nice if nightmare followed the same progression path that the easy through insane campaign followed. Other than that I love the game :) /rant

Remember, nightmare is/was technically in beta mode. Therefore, the correct path for progression after the campaign insane maps would be insane hardcore survivals. Specifically the later waves (20+) which can yield some really good starter gear for progressing in nightmare mode.

The problem most people have is the lack of tactical skill because they literally buy their way into the nightmare difficulty.

Remember, nightmare is/was technically in beta mode. Therefore, the correct path for progression after the campaign insane maps would be insane hardcore survivals. Specifically the later waves (20+) which can yield some really good starter gear for progressing in nightmare mode.

The problem most people have is the lack of tactical skill because they literally buy their way into the nightmare difficulty.

Strongly agree.

Nightmare is still beta/pre-release so what we have right now will not be the finished product.
The progression from Medium-Hard-Insane is done very well. Once you can do Insane levels, as stated above, Insane Survival should be the place to get better drops to break into low tier Nightmare.

It's simply a waiting game at this point. Until Trendy finished their plans with Nightmare there really isn't much more we can do.

Strongly agree.

Nightmare is still beta/pre-release so what we have right now will not be the finished product.
The progression from Medium-Hard-Insane is done very well. Once you can do Insane levels, as stated above, Insane Survival should be the place to get better drops to break into low tier Nightmare.

It's simply a waiting game at this point. Until Trendy finished their plans with Nightmare there really isn't much more we can do.

I still laugh at people who still buy off on "Its Beta" "Live With It" mentality after 4+ months, meanwhile they are shelling out more and more $$$ for new DLCs.

Edit - Thank you for a good afternoon laugh.