3 Simple Ideas with game changing effects

Idea #1: Quick Swap Heroes.

As a solo player, with many build characters, it can be pretty frustrating trying to swap characters in the last few seconds of a a wave, even more so when you are accidentally on the wrong page. It would be nice if we could have the option to alt-activate the forge to access the swap character screen. Even better if the swap character screen could fit 8 characters per screen now that we have a potential for 6 types of heroes plus their alternates.

Idea #2: Mana overflow pool

You know how annoying it is to top up a wall or trap and pick up a 500 mana crystal? What if instead of losing the 495 mana to the void, it overflowed into a pool of mana? Now, to balance it, you have to access the forge to take mana out of the pool, and only during the build phase. This doesn't count mana you don't pick up that despawns, just mana you run past on a wave.
Now, to avoid not having any mana because it all got pooled, mana stops being attracted to you once your holding limit is filled, but you can still run over it to put it into the pool.

Idea #3 - The big one: Adding DU to maps (hear me out)

No, I don't mean they should add a flat DU buff to all the maps (though that would be nice, it wouldn't be balanced). It would be lumped together with the mana overflow pool, and as such, you can buy extra DU. It only applies to that run, it would be expensive, and it only works with the mana pool's mana. For fairness, each point of DU would be more expensive than the last.
I mean it makes sense. My friend and I were discussing this. As you get in an area longer and longer you get a better understanding and can put up more defenses. Some would argue that we don't need this, and they are right. We don't. However, it would ease in the newer players to some of the tougher maps. Things that require using the exact same build over and over could gain some variety with more DU. It would even aid to balancing. More people would cover more area and pool more mana. That makes the next DU easier and easier to reach the harder mobs get.

I don't think #2 or #3 are worth implementing, personally. Too much complication, and not really needed.

I don't think #2 or #3 are worth implementing, personally. Too much complication, and not really needed.

Agreed.

I like #3 personally, whether you bought extra DU like tower upgrades, putting excess mana into a DU bank, so you could put say 300 in towards ^3 priced 2000 mana (5x tower prices) and you got a couple extra DU to allocate somewhere. You usually get to a point where mana becomes worthless during build phase unless something was destroyed and needs rebuilding and upgrading. This would give you something to save up for to help you (till you hit the limit and again have nothing to spend it on ;))
Or if you got given a little extra at each milestone, so at w15/20/25 you got a little more. If they removed say 5du for w1-14 and then gave it you for w15, and added 5du at w20 etc you'd have more of a challenge in earlier waves, and as you progresses you'd get more firepower to deal with the step in difficulty. Can't see them doing it though tbh.

really want #1 as a solo player myself i find it frustrating that there is only 4 heroes being displayed at a time..
most of my builds use EV-Walls, Squire-Harps, Mage-Lightning tower, Huntress-Prox,Gas, Monk-Snare,Str drain thats 5 classes.. then if its an early round i sometimes play my DPS class's Barb, Ranger

#2 could be handy.. however why cant it just split the mana thats absorbed and spit out the overflow.
#3 some of the maps could use a DU increase.. tho would perfer it was just added to the map instead of a funky system like this.

#3 would be interesting, but too complicated

You know you can arrange your heroes at that screen holding down "alt" right? So if you have them spread between pages, you can rearrange them. I never found #1 a problem after I found that out. So I don't think any of these ideas are really needed in any way.

Though I wouldn't mind the first two maps being able to have a small 10-DU buff or so but that's just me. :P