Shops in the games tab... why?

Seriously, why do people keep making them? If people want to view shops, they'll go to the shops tab.
Cluttering up the games list for people who are just looking for a nice game will not get them to buy your stuff. :)

You answered your own question there, they make them so people who aren't looking at shops see them anyway.

You answered your own question there, they make them so people who aren't looking at shops see them anyway.

I'm not saying that I condone this behavoir, but here is the theory behind it: If you can do it, and get away with it, then why not?

I wouldn't be surprised to see 50% shops and 50% games in the regular server list in a few months. That is, if Trendy ignores the cluttering. :)

You're still seeing it because "fake game" shop owners haven't paid attention to this change:

[quote]7.27
* To help reduce AFK Taverns in the Games section, AFTER 30 minutes in the Tavern, visitors (clients) can now only access the Host's Hero Shop if the Tavern is in AFK Shop Mode! A note has been added to the Shop UI AFTER 30 minutes to indicate this.[/quote]

People can still re-make the shop every half an hour. Not everyone's shops are afk.

It also doesn't say anything about the game being removed from the list after half an hour of no game activity or something. So basically, now we're going to have shops in the games tab which can't even do anything useful if they've existed for to long. And on top of that, the ones that do manage to lure you in will only piss you off more when you see that the shop is locked, lol.

Sorry, but I really don't see how this is a solution to the problem. It only really takes care of the few people who made the shop in regular games by mistake by informing them, but the people who do it on purpose won't be gone.

Also, my overly negative tone might be a product of seeing egg shops as about 50% of my games when filtering on NM and Insane...

But it's pointless? I'm probably short sighted here, but it just seems unlikely that it will really attract more people than an actual shop listing.