Host Can Lock the Chests and "G" Function

I love the new ability to start Survival mode at later waves. However, I am a meticulous builder, and it takes me a good 15-20 minutes to set up the builds on some of the larger maps when starting on wave 20+. Setting up the build is a big part of what I enjoy. With the tightness of DU, only enough mana to partially upgrade specific towers, and difficulty of waves over 20... it takes time to place everything just perfect to make it through the starting wave. I'm swapping between 4-5 different characters to lay everything down as needed.

Unfortunately the people that are coming in and out of the game while I am building, can completely ruin 20 or more minutes of work by impatiently hitting "g" while I am still setting up. Or, my favorite, is they start to go around opening all the chests, spilling the mana out. And even IF they dont leave a short time later with a full load of mana (which is frequent), the mana-gems-on-map count is maxxed, so it comes out of the chests and just dissapears.

I know, I know... "Set the map to Hide Game until you are ready". But some times I need a particular builder to come assist. I literally have a character of every type of building part needed... except Tower Health EV. Yes, I have a tower specced Mo, Sq, App, Hu, and even a Buff Beam statted EV. So, I create a game labelled "Need THP EV and Good DPS Plz" or something to that effect. I then go build the entire map... and when I just need the EV walls and some decent DPS players, I open it up for others to see the title, and join accordingly.

Do they? lolno... they dont. I get a game full of 4 barbarians with ~600 attack stat, 7% resistances, and a 1/54^ weapon. And before I can ask "Do one of you have a Tower Health EV, or an appropriately geared DPS character?" They have already hit "g" and spilled all of the upgrade mana out of the chests. ~Great~, I now have 90 seconds to find someone who can build walls, upgrade all the towers (if they didnt suck up all the mana yet), and beg the inconsiderate players to put on a gaurd pet at least. Of course, none of that happens, and I'm weaping in my tavern 15 seconds into the wave. All that time and building work, down the drain.

If you could add some minor checkboxes to the menu, allowing the Host to lock and unlock the "Go" action, and lock the chests until after the first wave... it would solve so many problems. There is no loot in the chests until after the first wave anyways, so there is no reason someone that isn't a builder, needs access to the mana yet. If he/she needs help gathering mana within a time limit, or upgrading towers... he/she can unlock the option.

I WANT to build for people. I want to open up my games to others. I want to play on large 4-6 person maps. I dont want to just solo grind everything. Thats not what I play for. Make it a bit easier for the set up please.

I beg of you.

While I don't think it's a perfect solution, it is a pretty good idea. Unlimited build time is kind of worthless when some random person joins and starts the timer without reason.

The chests are probably also a good idea. The mana is necessary to the build and if someone grabs some, they can pretty much ruin a build. Not everyone is bringing three friends to every map, or soloing every map, and the hide game button is still a little bit finicky at times.

When random people can join and screw up the game, it can be pretty annoying.

The one major drawback to your suggestion is the whole 20 minutes to build. I could see if you are often doing many different maps that you have to keep a guide nearby because you do something different on every map. That could take some extra time to be sure you did it right. But 20 minutes is still a long time.

Even if you got used to your maps, or used just one map and cut your build time way down, people can still enter and screw it up, or start the timer within seconds of you being able to move. Being faster won't solve the problem, and not everyone can get reliable "friends". It's sometimes really hard to rely on the usual "I build, you upgrade/dps" room name even.

When the random people just don't understand, then the host really does need more control to keep someone from messing up the map.

Best..................idea..................eeeeeeveeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

It doesnt always take 20 minutes to build a map. But larger maps, which require you to swap multiple toons to lay things down, and meticulously place things like buff beams so they hit the very edges of your traps, etc...

This suggestion would safe gaurd your work. With no penalty to the other players. Unless forced patience is a penalty, lol.

yaaa if u need ev builder and dps let me know :D, im tryinmg to get full chars to do survivals solo but so far i got good dps, guardian, waller and squire (not end gaem squire) so i would like to help you out. Besides of that i dont think why this thing would cause a trouble of something, the host can set that up but it could be abused like afk on maps and pple waiting etc. Still a great idea.

I agree with locking the crystal (for the first wave).
As for the chests no.

As the host could get to a certain wave then lock the chest,and loot them for himself.
as we all know there are many greedy ppl in this online game.
just have to look at the joiners running around looting everything,what's stopping the host doing the same thing with the chests.

As for the chests no.

just have to look at the joiners running around looting everything,what's stopping the host doing the same thing with the chests.

Yeah sure!! the host builder "looting" the chests will make him rich and ruin the game ofc, you got a point!! ;D

Yeah sure!! the host builder "looting" the chests will make him rich and ruin the game ofc, you got a point!! ;D

yes many hosts will loot the trans gear for themselfs if there able to lock the chests on any wave.
so saying that wont happen is just blind in your eyes.

Many now get help to certain waves for the pet,then kick them on the last wave before the pet so they can get the 4 for themselfs.
What makes you think it will be different for chests.

yes many hosts will loot the trans gear for themselfs if there able to lock the chests on any wave.
so saying that wont happen is just blind in your eyes.

Many now get help to certain waves for the pet,then kick them on the last wave before the pet so they can get the 4 for themselfs.
What makes you think it will be different for chests.

Your point is moot. The idea is locking chests on the starting wave.
No items drop on the starting wave.

Your point is moot. The idea is locking chests on the starting wave.
No items drop on the starting wave.

Just for the first wave would be fine.
but for all waves i still stand by what i said.

This is a great idea. I love to open my game too, but the exact problem you describe happens too often. Of course, the idea of locking chest for the entire game is dangerous. Locking them during firs wave though seems essential. I hate it when people keep dropping 500 mana gems just on my builder who is building a 20 mana reflect beam, loosing 480 mana for something that dump...
I don't know how this could be easily implemented, but if it can, it would be great.

If you need another person you can basically only keep game open mid wave (when they can't press G). Noobs join and press G right away, quite annoying tbh. A "lock G button" option would certainly be useful.

Just for the first wave would be fine.
but for all waves i still stand by what i said.

Of course. There is no reason why chests would even need to be locked after the starting wave.
There is enough mana from mobs (or mana return pets) to finish completing setups.

Locking the starting wave chests would guarantee the host can dictate who the mana goes to.
Whether it's the host or their preferred builder.

Incorporating with the addition of "host-only starting wave start" and you can safely prevent any of the mentioned problems.
The host is the one who starts the level to begin with, it's only fitting they get to decided when to start it as well.

Good to see I am not the only one thats had this issue. In the mean time, I have started levelling my 6th and final builder... the Tower Health EV. That way I can just solo, or build every single thing on the map before opening the game up to others.

I think its a great idea and I support it - but personally its never been an issue, as on wave one you hide the match, build all your defenses AND THEN open the match, leaving enough mana for your needed builder to come finish up the job.

There is no reason not to implement your suggestion, but I use the method stated above and so this have never been a problem for me.

I think your problem is that you need a wall builder, but wall builders are not common among those who random join. Most people who have a wall builder are pretty dedicated map builders and host their own games that they build. Because many players do not meet your requirements, they do not join, and you are actually more likely to have just the noobs that ignore your game name joining you. The fastest solution, unfortunately, is to just make a wall builder. Since you only care about one stat, these armors are the easier to find than others except that they usually do not show up as green.

i would so love the Host only G button.. the chest idea while good i wouldnt use it in most of my games as i like it when people run off and pick up the mana for me (Glitter in this case) tho it is rather annoying when a 500 gets droped and it ends up wasting 450 of it to the void..

i have a small following that instantly join a game if i start one and they know my rules.. they mainly join cos im quite liberal with loot and im not a majorly fussy host. all i ask is they dont AFK and help repair/upgrade loots are free to loot ;) i dont have any1 complain.

in the beginning i did used to hide the game during build then open it up when finished.. it works well but would be nice to have the option host only G