Simple idea really and I'd be surprised if this has never been suggested before but why not add an option when hosting public games to set aside a certain number of private slots that can be joined by invite only?

This would be better for everyone I think, the hosts wouldn't have to kick people if a friend disconnects or if other people join first, and everyone joining random games wouldn't get kicked almost instantly. It seems like a simple idea, but I have no idea of the way the game itself works. I'm not a programmer, nor will I probably ever be, so I'm not sure if this is possible, but if it is, I'd love to see it happen. It'd save me having to explain to people that I'm waiting for a friend to join or rejoin, and then having to ask them to leave. I don't like having to kick people or tell them they can't stay in my game, and I'm sure other people agree with on that (I hope so anyway).

I'm aware hosts could use the 'Hide Match' option, then invite their friends and click 'Show Match' again, I did think of this, and although this very useful feature already exists, it seems like not a lot of people think to do that, as I've joined games myself and been told people are waiting for their friends and I have to leave, and also if you're in the middle of a game, especially something hectic that requires full attention, you may not have the time to open the menu and click 'Hide Match' in the middle of a game.

I suppose there is a counter-argument for this that as the host you can just kick who you please and for whatever reason, but some people (like myself) do not want to kick people. I don't like doing it, it feels mean to just remove someone from a game that they (in my mind) shouldn't have been able to join in the first place.

tl;dr - Please Trendy, allow hosts to specify how many public slots are available in a game :squire:

Seems like an excellent idea. I sometimes play with a buddy who's connection is quite unstable at times (wireless...) and run into this exact problem as well. It sucks when you've opened up a custom match to fill in the 2 remaining slots in a monster fest for example, and your dc'd friend seems to be replaced in mere seconds. >_

Great idea !!!!
I think this is about 1/2 of the join-kick problem (or my faith in humanity think so). How many times I create a private game for 1 of my friends to join, having 2 free slots where people could join, but not going public for not having to kick for 10 min for letting him in... Great great idea.

AGREED, I hate kicking people.

Glad to see some support for this idea, now I just hope someone from Trendy sees it :)