DunDef Digest 4/19/12 Discussion Thread

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An event for PC? Sweeeet! You have to win to get the prize? Even Sweeterrrr!!!!

If enough people participate, it might be something we do more of in the future.

Hi, nice contest, might actually try it. But I haz a question about accesories :) What exactly is "a small extent" ? :) The low tier ones +1 and the best of best lets say +25 or what numbers are we talking about here?

Dang... happy to see the Kraken... sad that my kids have Dungeon Defenders taken away for a month because of bad behavior, lol.

My kids love the Kraken so much. When my son was in Kindergarten they did an exercise where they had to go to the front of the class and act out an animal. So my son went up and was thrashing around and making noises and waving around and no one could figure out what he was. So he said he was "acting like a Kraken". The teacher told us after school that day that it was inappropriate for him to go up and start "acting like a crackHEAD". I had to explain to her....LOL...the visual of it still slays me to this day.

Beta Team Non-update

We’re giving the beta team a pass on this week's digest. This is the perfect moment to say how grateful we are for all of their hard work. Their dedication to help make our products stronger is humbling and inspiring. Keep up the great work!

I lol'd.

Dang... happy to see the Kraken... sad that my kids have Dungeon Defenders taken away for a month because of bad behavior, lol.

My kids love the Kraken so much. When my son was in Kindergarten they did an exercise where they had to go to the front of the class and act out an animal. So my son went up and was thrashing around and making noises and waving around and no one could figure out what he was. So he said he was "acting like a Kraken". The teacher told us after school that day that it was inappropriate for him to go up and start "acting like a crackHEAD". I had to explain to her....LOL...the visual of it still slays me to this day.

Hahahahaha! That's amazing.

I do have a question regarding the Transcendent Survivalist Achievement. Are current Survivals going to be tuned where waves don't take ages to complete. I know about the ability to start on the highest wave you have completed but I don't know if its even possible to start on waves 20+ even with the extra mana given since you won't have defenses upgraded like you would have if you started on the lower waves. MM was done so well regarding SV. Its hard but you don't have to slog thru several thousands of monsters for just a single wave. Really the hardest part of all the other survivals is the start of the wave and the very end, the middle is basically a repeat for many thousand monsters.

Regarding part 3 though. Looking good and can't wait till next week. Going to be a nice distraction until D3's release on the 15th. Wondering on how I'ma have to change builds up for the sharkmen.

I lol'd.

As did I. Almost as much as the Sky of Love trailer when they say to the effect of "This Map is a Thank You for 1 Million copies sold". Yeah... way to show the love there, Trendy. /sarcasm

But i'm sure there'd be way crazier things going on if not for the Beta Team, so some thanks does have to be given, even if there's still a lot of problems (some more severe than others), that typical players notice from the very get go.

Question about the Transcendent Survivalist Achievement. is it getting to wave 30 on all maps, or 30 waves total on all maps? I ask, because the original survival maps do not go to 30.

Mind clearing this up?

i am completely drooling over this... i must say 2 things tho:

1)what are the Dundef Prize Packs?

2) ACCESSORIES!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!

3) I AM TOTALLY INTERESTED IN THE NEW SERIES ABOUT HOW YOU GUYS BROKE INTO THE INDUSTRY AND GOT STARTED AND YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS!!! (mainly cuz im a video game design major myself)

TBD = 'To Be Determined'. Trendy hasn't figured that part out yet, but we will know when they do ;)

You really forgot something hitmonchan, what are the class-specific accessories for barb and EV?

You are kidding right? Id say be happy that they can atleast wear masks. Those two characters are the only ones being able to use 2 weapons and with 2 weapons and 1 accessoire you can boost the stats signifiicantly higher then with 1 weapon and 2 accessoires. Id say the Summoner will come out with only one weapon and 2 accessoires.

So my thought is that the barb and EV dont need 2 accessoires

i am completely drooling over this... i must say 2 things tho:

2) ACCESSORIES!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!

3) I AM TOTALLY INTERESTED IN THE NEW SERIES ABOUT HOW YOU GUYS BROKE INTO THE INDUSTRY AND GOT STARTED AND YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS!!! (mainly cuz im a video game design major myself)

Where do you go to college at, because I've been looking around to find one with a good computer/game design program?

I have a question are consoles going to ever get these kool secondary items???

My guess is that they will.

What makes me think that way is as followed:
As it seems all contents have been released on pc first. So i think they release the dlcs on the pc first and only after having balanced them out for some time (balancing is never perfect in the end but just to make it more... lets say.. "bug" free) they start releasing it on the consoles. So since those are equipment parts and probably only need some tweaks or one or two of em, I think they will also be released together with shards part 3 on the consoles.. maybe a bit later.

Anyway, thats just a suggestion. I dont know how companies normally work. I thinks its just easier and less work if you balance the stuff on one platform and release the finished version on the others instead of balancing each one . Especially since it seems that patches undergo chehck faster on the pc then they do on the ps3 or xbox360. So some patches would first have to be done and then the next ones have to be thrown in right after the other patches get "accepted" on the consoles.

So yeah, I really think its fatser just balancing on one platform and then add em to the others.

Hitmonchan quick question Will the new PSN patch fix the game freezing and crashing when you
Return to traven?
Play survival mode on any map?
Play New DLC with more than 3 players?
Try to a join from a invite with SCEE players and US players?

Thanks for your time.

I just shat my pants when I saw the kraken...
BRING OUT THE KRAKEN! TASTE THE EDGE OF MY BLADE!
I'm not as excited. It is a known fact that Kraken love the taste of Bunny Squire :(

What would you like to know?

I was most looking forward to info on this supposed new difficulty for consoles, to be added after the fourth shards DLC. I'd first assumed it was just people spreading rumors, but I saw what appears to be official confirmation of the idea and a mention of it being discussed in this week's digest. This would be a Godsend, and it would give a true incentive to play through the game again. That, along with some new accomplishments/achievements/trophies to compliment it. Not to mention, it'd give a proper use for all the high-leveled equipment console players will be getting now.

If it's something you had to charge for, then I could see it working with a free compatibility pack variant. You could use the actual title update, being limited in size, to merely take care of issues with secluding the data from folks that don't have the DLC (while still allowing them to play with folks that do.) Then again, I understand your guys' apprehension in talking about it, as promising any new content has always resulted in a constant stream of people asking/whining about when it'll arrive. That, or God forbid it can't be released in its intended form due to restrictions on Microsoft's ends, people solely blaming Trendy. Still, I think that it would make great sense to release a new difficulty once all the shards DLC has seen the light and the balancing and progression issues are better dealt with.