Sharkmen Speculation - High Physical Resists?

Maybe it's already been said somewhere else but look at Jeremy's post about mid way through this post:

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?56403-*-Raised-Level-Cap-to-83-and-added-hyper-rare-Supreme-item-quality-categorization&p=429260[[1343,hashtags]]

This leads me to believe that sharkmen are going to be a high physical resist mob. Looks like it's time to regear my mage. I've been wanting to do this for awhile anyhow.

Um, I think they are referring to the fact that Sharkmen can push your towers. Thus, it would effect physical towers (including your mage towers).

Likely referring to their special ability, where they can simply move your towers. The fact that Jeremy said PHYSICAL towers lead me to believe that Auras and Traps cannot be moved.

I've heard people say they can push your towers but that just seems too broken to me. So a sharkman spawns and shoves my wall all the way to the back of my crystal? Thats much more ridiculous than a djinn unsummoning a tower because now I have to not only sell the wall but i have to run up and resummon it again.

There's just so many ways moving towers would break the game since we can not move towers back. I would much rather them "knock towers over (desummon them for a 10-20 seconds or so), than permanently move them around.

Therefor I was hoping they meant that they were resistant to physical damage, and possible took more from fire damage?

There probably will be a limit to their ability (look how long a Djinn takes to desummon). I doubt they would design it so the sharkmen push back a tower 20 feet just by looking at it (though that is how it will work day 1, lol). But really, all they need to do is push back one wall to destroy you. But I would assume the same gas traps that work on a Djinn would work on them. Might need to start using darkness traps over ensnares though to make sure not a single shark gets through.

There probably will be a limit to their ability (look how long a Djinn takes to desummon). I doubt they would design it so the sharkmen push back a tower 20 feet just by looking at it (though that is how it will work day 1, lol). But really, all they need to do is push back one wall to destroy you. But I would assume the same gas traps that work on a Djinn would work on them. Might need to start using darkness traps over ensnares though to make sure not a single shark gets through.

Just because i think i'm in Jeremy's head, i'm guessing gas traps will not work but lightning abilities will stun them... just a guess though.

lol, I would really hate that. It would get to the point that once you have the specific tower at each choke to deal with each separate enemy, there would be no DU left. You would lose all creativity for builds and it would all just be cookie-cutter.

they have shields on their arms. they probably throw both of them up and go barreling though defenses to push through them. they will either be like kobolds when they charge, where if you hit them and dont kill them they go into their charge, but will be immune to gas traps, and will be able to shrug off harpoons. bowling balls, maybe, but i hope not.

First of all I guess it will be ragefiesta for a week after release if sharken won't be affected by gas, slow and/or darkness traps because let's be serious this is important for defending against them from what I have read about their "skill". Pushing towers aside like ogre in "unlikely allies" does when 30 sharken goes at once in survival will be plain unbalanced to maximum extent of unbalanceness.

I think Sharkmen will only result in community uproar if they are immune to Ensnare Auras/Gas Traps/Shock Traps etc. If they aren't, then I think the Sharkmen will be absolutely fine.

So the shark guys will push towers like the Spider Queen does?

I've not done Spider Queen in a while, but if it's anything like Unlikely Allies, then yes.

I sure hope not... As so many have said before, a single barricade moved out of the way would screw you over far worse than even a djin desummoning. I hope that (like the djin) there is some sort of way to stop them other than just "kill them before they decimate your defences".

I (unsurprisingly) really liked it when ev physical beams were unpushable... and whats more? It made sense. I would beg to bring it back if not for the uproar that would cause about premium characters being OP against this new threat...

If they move towers like the spider queen why not just use EV physicals instead. IIRC she can't move those.

*edit* ninja'd above without reading my bad.

phys beam can be moved, happened to me on queen.

i think they cant be pushed from the front, but they can be pushed from the sides

phys beam can be moved, happened to me on queen.

i think they cant be pushed from the front, but they can be pushed from the sides
For confirmation, yes, EV defenses can be moved by moving the nodes

I don't get the speculation that gas traps wouldn't affect them though, only makes sense after they start charging in which case they still sound easy to handle

This post isnt important by any means, but isn't it "Sharken?" and not Sharkmen or Sharkman...

For confirmation, yes, EV defenses can be moved by moving the nodes

Since one of the recent patches they can be moved from any point along their length, try it in Unfriendly Allies or against the Goblin Mech.

It's probably a good thing I never applied for the beta testing team... I'd probably tell them 90% of their ideas suck balls and are retarded and need to be nerfed :P

It's probably a good thing I never applied for the beta testing team... I'd probably tell them 90% of their ideas suck balls and are retarded and need to be nerfed :P

With that attitude i'm sure everyone is happy you aren't on the beta testing team

I wasn't at pax, so i dunno for sure, but it has to have a counterbalance. If i had to guess, its a glass cannon. They run fast and tear open a hole to your crystal, but they have low health and with dps or well placed towers/auras/traps it should be manageable. My money is on djinn still being the one i hate the most.

I wasn't at pax, so i dunno for sure, but it has to have a counterbalance. If i had to guess, its a glass cannon. They run fast and tear open a hole to your crystal, but they have low health and with dps or well placed towers/auras/traps it should be manageable. My money is on djinn still being the one i hate the most.

This is my guess, it's either an easy to kill enemy that is also somewhat fast, or, more likely, judging by appearances, it's got a long windup to its pushing ability (Like a Djinn desummoning). Maybe it stops in front of the defense it's about to push, cracks its knuckles, and does some stretches before really barreling down into pushing it. If it's not killed during that time then you get pushed defenses, etc etc.

There's lots of ways to balance it, but I know the forums will be in an uproar for the first week anyway.

Remember Djinn's were amazingly counterbalanced when they first came out.... so much so your whole base could be unsummoned in a few minutes.

[QUOTE]Sharken definitely mix up your Tower centric builds... especially... heh heh heh... your physical tower builds

-Jer[/QUOTE]

Tower Centric? It's a tower defense game all our builds are tower centric... Silly Jeremy.

He says "Physical Tower builds" leading me to believe that they would probably have double the resistance to say Djinn who already take like 40% less? So lets say like 80% mitigation from physical dmg type towers and a little more than Orc health (can't see them going as high as Djinn health, late MM waves with 6M would be too much). So they want us to use either the newly buffed electric aura/shock beam/inferno traps/or god forbid app towers...cue the "DUN DUN DUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN".

Just can't see where we're going to get the extra DU from on most maps to incorporate such expensive defenses as Lightning Towers and/or Lightning/Strength Drain Auras.

I guess we'll see.