Sign in to follow this  
Ozlazen

[Request] Information regarding mages

Are these "surprize" changes being made to mages in preparation for the launch of the summoner hero class? I mean, where are they coming from? There is certainly no documentation regarding them, but their affects are painfully apparent in game. What gear are the "beta testers" (rofl) wearing that completely mitigates these effects from notice during "testing" and where might I obtain some of it? Also, what happened to "hot-fixed first thing tomorrow"? It's now nearly 12 in FL and there are still random documented changes being added to the list to "undo" the undocumented ones from yesterday.

What would the point of the changes be if gear "completely mitigated their effect"? I'd imagine if they want to buff mages it's to have an effect :)

Mages were never a threat before, they are now, I think that's a good thing. I think they're too strong, but I think actually having them be a threat is a good change for a tower defense game.

What would the point of the changes be if gear "completely mitigated their effect"? I'd imagine if they want to buff mages it's to have an effect :)

Mages were never a threat before, they are now, I think that's a good thing. I think they're too strong, but I think actually having them be a threat is a good change for a tower defense game.

Aside from the fact that they've already stated in other threads that it's a bug and was unintended, I think you missed the overall point I'm working towards. Changes are fine, and with a hero class coming out that looks to mirror the NPC class already in place, they're probably necessary. What's not fine is making those changes repeatedly without documenting them, waiting for the backlash from the player base before either a) admitting the change with some murky explanation as to their relevance, or b) calling it a bug that now needs to be fixed. Fixing one thing and breaking two others in the process is hardly a successful venture(unless your job is fixing the breaks, in which case you have one secure job), which brings me to my sideways remark about beta tester's gear that completely mitigates the effects of changes. It's not just this case, it's nearly every patch that something unexpected changes that generally has substantial impact on game play.