Sign in to follow this  
Cloudtrifle

Djinn really ruin my OMF, but not because they're tough!

Because they often get stuck right here, behind the tent...

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577827667774759763/246709E797E65BA02D8BAFE1335370B1404EAEDE/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577827667774758085/E6C171891C0A2F591E3ACF534E78C57A39C82883/

You can see my harps flying towards the Djinn but they never hit it, due to some sort of clipping issue I would imagine (I'm not that much of a tech-guy, I hope clipping is the right terminology for this type of mishap.)

I've had so many games run flat out of time when the djinn flying around here distract my harps from other mobs, because the Djinn is desummoning.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Yeah, I experience this also, the way I deal with them is to just go out and dps them untill they eventually move into harpoon line of sight, though it 99% of the time happens only at the end of the wave so dpsing them isin't too tough.

If they were to remove that invisible wall on that tent it will help alot.

If they were to remove that invisible wall on that tent it will help alot.

This definitely needs to be done, it doesn't make any sense for that invisible wall to be there. I build in that same spot (at least Im pretty sure its the same spot, kinda hard to tell from the picture) but never really had any trouble with killing the djinns there, Deadly Striker and Lightning Towers are still able to hit them and by the time only the djinns are left I can go out there and DPS them with my Apprentice and not worry about getting killed.

I ran into the same issue building there.
I been having great ease and success building near the fordge.
I can't remember who to give credit to (MrStump I think...)

My last run I shrunk the traps and it seemed like it moved faster, maybe just me though :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ1LDBJ1h9Y

When I do build there I have a goofy way of handling that Djinn. With 6 spare DU, I put a harpoon out there beyond the walls to hit it.
That harpoon pretty much gets clobbered but I just spam it back there :) You'll actually be pretty surprised how long it lasts out there.

EG. of where I spam it out to: http://ddplanner.com/?l=2828,sample-placement-of-harpoon

p.s. I'm not pro, just my to cents.
p.s.s. I have a new pretty much the same but slightly cleaner build than the above video.
p.s.s.s. I just read the post by Toprem, wise words (I'm useless :()

i suggest building somewhere else.

He shouldn't have to build somewhere else. The harpoons couldn't clearly fly over the tent and hit the Djinns. This is a huge problem on OMF when we can't hit enemies over the tent, but spiders can web right through it. Super huge bug and needs to be addressed soon.

The invisible wall there really need to be fixed. There's too many spots on these "complex", non-straight lane maps that have areas that traps can't shoot through, but enemies can. It's very annoying.

Thanks for the support guys. It's not a major issue but it can have an immediate effect on your defenses, if you're struggling and the djinn manages to remove something important like a gas trap (if you're struggling with stats,) and can ruin your entire game in the blink of an eye. Should it be end of wave, an extra harpoon will take it out no problem, but mid-wave the mob build up is far too much to just go wandering out of the safe haven that is my tower base in that corner :p

Sort of off topic, but this is happening in various places throughout misty as well. Same thing, enemies can shoot through areas, but harpoons can't. Even when both can't, trees shouldn't have collision boxes 3x wider then they really are, right? >_

Have you tried to build on the bridge next to forge? I usually build there and I can survive pretty well with 3 AFK players. I build 2x 1du reflect walls to make a box at the end of the bridge away from the forge. That gives me a little safe zone where I can park my alts there away from ogre and wyvern fire.

Don't get too many djinn stuck either. Finish usually with 6-7min left to spare on the final wave.